PDA

View Full Version : McNamee testified DEBBIE Clemens took HGH

Fenway
02-08-2008, 03:27 PM
:popcorn:

How many rings does this circus have????

Brian McNamee told congressional investigators Thursday that Roger Clemens' wife took human growth hormone before she appeared with the pitcher in Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue in 2003, according to a Washington source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/02/08/2008-02-08_source_brian_mcnamee_testified_roger_cle.html

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/432482257_99ae2caf91.jpg

Sockinchisox
02-08-2008, 03:30 PM
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

voodoochile
02-08-2008, 03:34 PM
LOL. That explains her roid rage response in the dropped call commercial...

daveeym
02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow this is the most movie like twist yet. Does congress ask to talk to her? Does she perjure herself on behalf of Roger or does she sing like a parakeet?

Mickster
02-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Wow this is the most movie like twist yet. Does congress ask to talk to her? Does she perjure herself on behalf of Roger or does she sing like a parakeet?

She can claim privilege and not testify.

voodoochile
02-08-2008, 03:40 PM

About Roger's use, yes, about her own, no. Whether Congress is interested is a different matter. However, it definitely turns up the stakes, because now if both parents go away, what happens to the kids?

Gonna be an interesting conversation behind some closed doors in the Clemens household coming real soon.

Fenway
02-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Oh my god. I'm starting to think Clemens might just kill McNamee at this point, or have him killed.

We have seen his anger...I am serious this may push him over the ledge.

daveeym
02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
She can plead the 5th if she wants but she'll have trouble pleading any spousal privileges since it was discussed with a 3rd party (McNamee). Either way if she needs to claim either of them it's pretty damaging to Rog's case at least in the eye of the public.

Mickster
02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
About Roger's use, yes, about her own, no. Whether Congress is interested is a different matter. However, it definitely turns up the stakes, because now if both parents go away, what happens to the kids?

Gonna be an interesting conversation behind some closed doors in the Clemens household coming real soon.

True but I have a hard time believing that Congress would bring in Debbie Clemens to ask about her alleged use of HGH. I can't imagine they would have any interest in that.

I have a hard enough time dealing with Congress wasting time and money with these hearings when there are already governmental entities such as the FBI who are perfectly capable of handling any investigation on illegal steroid use by professional baseball players. Now we want out tax dollars investigating the allegations of HGH use of a baseball player's wife?

EndemicSox
02-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Is HGH good for the human being? I'm starting to think it may be...how does one go about aquiring some? Simply tell the doc the libido is weak?

voodoochile
02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
True but I have a hard time believing that Congress would bring in Debbie Clemens to ask about her alleged use of HGH. I can't imagine they would have any interest in that.

I have a hard enough time dealing with Congress wasting time and money with these hearings when there are already governmental entities such as the FBI who are perfectly capable of handling any investigation on illegal steroid use by professional baseball players. Now we want out tax dollars investigating the allegations of HGH use of a baseball player's wife?

Does it go to show the culture of baseball? Would she have done it if she wasn't married to Roger? Of course HGH is/was touted as an anti-aging product so her usage isn't as damning. Still, makes for great tabloid fodder...:tongue:

Flight #24
02-08-2008, 03:50 PM
So that really kills the "Roger's trying to avoid telling the wife & kids" thing. Sounds like ther whole damn family's doing it.

It also might give them a convenient excuse. "OK, I fess up, I did buy HGH from McNamee, but it was for Debbie, not me. I still only got B12/lidocaine. Unless he put some into me when I thought it was something else."

Way too much wiggle room here for anything to happen to Roger. Did he do it - probably. Will anyone be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt for the courts or for MLB to successfully punish him? I don't see it.

daveeym
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Does it go to show the culture of baseball? Would she have done it if she wasn't married to Roger? Of course HGH is/was touted as an anti-aging product so her usage isn't as damning. Still, makes for great tabloid fodder...:tongue:And this is the best tabloid fodder yet.
Her alleged use has nothing to do with baseball but everything to do with any perjury charges that Roger may end up facing down the line.

daveeym
02-08-2008, 03:54 PM
So that really kills the "Roger's trying to avoid telling the wife & kids" thing. Sounds like ther whole damn family's doing it.

It also might give them a convenient excuse. "OK, I fess up, I did buy HGH from McNamee, but it was for Debbie, not me. I still only got B12/lidocaine. Unless he put some into me when I thought it was something else."

Way too much wiggle room here for anything to happen to Roger. Did he do it - probably. Will anyone be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt for the courts or for MLB to successfully punish him? I don't see it. I'd bet you that's enough right there for them to hit him up with perjury. I'd have to imagine that he would have had to have lied about possession or some other involvement in the least.

voodoochile
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM

Way too much wiggle room here for anything to happen to Roger. Did he do it - probably. Will anyone be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt for the courts or for MLB to successfully punish him? I don't see it.

Starting to get into that whole "depends on what the meaning of the word, "is", is" and "I didn't inhale" territory. :D:

DumpJerry
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Why did she take HGH? Was she going to try out for a baseball team or is this the ultimate expression of vanity?

voodoochile
02-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Why did she take HGH? Was she going to try out for a baseball team or is this the ultimate expression of vanity?

Vanity would be part of it - wanting to look good for her swimsuit layout with SI and also as I said earlier, people were/are taking it as an anti-aging supplement.

daveeym
02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Why did she take HGH? Was she going to try out for a baseball team or is this the ultimate expression of vanity?Joumana Kidd looked pretty darn good in that issue as well as some of the other wives. I'm sure she just wanted to be able to compete with them.

Chez
02-08-2008, 04:08 PM

Brilliant! :D:

CLR01
02-08-2008, 04:23 PM

Wouldn't our tax dollars still be getting used if it was th FBI? :dunno:

Man, so would it be a safe bet to assume the son is using to? Anyone test the family dog?

daveeym
02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Wouldn't our tax dollars still be getting used if it was th FBI? :dunno:

Man, so would it be a safe bet to assume the son is using to? Anyone test the family dog?
You called?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1341/727663041_d1cddd5a17_o.jpg

Fenway
02-08-2008, 04:28 PM

GEd3pS1jXJ4

:rolling:

MUsoxfan
02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
You called?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1341/727663041_d1cddd5a17_o.jpg

:lol:

Awesome. Just awesome

tstrike2000
02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ty7Vo0Uq3Tr7nM:http://www.geocities.com/baseballwives/pictures/dclemens.jpg "Honey, When you stop by the store to get some more toilet paper, could you also get more Vitamin B12 to help me look my best for my photo shoot tomorrow?"

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/MLB/1417.jpg "Ok, I'll get the TP, but my trainer gave me a much more effective way to take Vitamin B12....in the ass. I'll bring the syringe and solution right home after I squeeze the Charmin."

Some time later...

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/swimsuit/collection/video/2003/video_03_dclemens_01.jpg "Roger, that Vitamin shot is amazing. My biceps have expanded almost as much as your head."

Flight #24
02-08-2008, 05:49 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/swimsuit/collection/video/2003/video_03_dclemens_01.jpg "Roger, that Vitamin shot is amazing. My biceps have expanded almost as much as your head."

And to the same degree that your testes have shrunk!

white sox bill
02-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Damn she's hot! Roger what the heck are you doing pitching? I can think of another place I'd rather be than the pitching bump!:smile:

Actually I know several women taking either Somatropin or Jintropin in my gym. They look about like Mrs C......

WhiteSox5187
02-08-2008, 06:20 PM
This Rusty Hardin guy is amazing, it's like watching Andy Griffin defend Clemens...this is just the most bizaar story I can remember since the OJ trial...Clemens is really just lobbying, but the prescence of physical evidence ("What judge would accept this as evidence?" what judge would accept physical evidence? Ummm, most?) could be damning to Roger regardless of any autographs he may give to Congress.

white sox bill
02-08-2008, 06:23 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ty7Vo0Uq3Tr7nM:http://www.geocities.com/baseballwives/pictures/dclemens.jpg "Honey, When you stop by the store to get some more toilet paper, could you also get more Vitamin B12 to help me look my best for my photo shoot tomorrow?"

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/MLB/1417.jpg "Ok, I'll get the TP, but my trainer gave me a much more effective way to take Vitamin B12....in the ass. I'll bring the syringe and solution right home after I squeeze the Charmin."

Some time later...

What bicep? Dooes he even know what preachers are?

Jerko
02-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I'd laugh if McNamee correctly describes any potentially identifying marks, scars, or tattoos on her ass. Surprised he didn't take a picture of her rear end. :o:

FedEx227
02-08-2008, 07:16 PM
This Rusty Hardin guy is amazing, it's like watching Andy Griffin defend Clemens...this is just the most bizaar story I can remember since the OJ trial...Clemens is really just lobbying, but the prescence of physical evidence ("What judge would accept this as evidence?" what judge would accept physical evidence? Ummm, most?) could be damning to Roger regardless of any autographs he may give to Congress.

He's really... really bad. I mean... real bad. He's screwed up on just about everything thus far. Unbelievable.

Fenway
02-08-2008, 10:17 PM
He's really... really bad. I mean... real bad. He's screwed up on just about everything thus far. Unbelievable.

Food for thought

When the Daily News contacted Roger's lawyers. They said a lot...but NEVER denied the story :?:

"Did Roger get the Cy Young before his wife took the HGH?" asked Lanny Breuer, one of Clemens' lawyers.

"I tell you what, guys," said Rusty Hardin, another of Clemens' attorneys. "This guy never ceases to amaze me. I think it reveals what he's really about. First, he throws out waste and then he wants to talk about this."

ksimpson14
02-09-2008, 01:08 AM
I said it before, something about Rusty Hardin makes me laugh. The name is great. The facial expression, I don't know, it's like a mixture of Joe Pesci and maybe Don Knotts or John Ritter. Just seems like the type of guy you'd get randomly in a phonebook, billboard, late night commercial, Simpsons episode, etc

TheOldRoman
02-09-2008, 02:40 AM
That is a mother of four? I imagine a lot of middle aged women will be running out to get their hands on HGH after seeing that picture.

I find it funny that while Clemens' wife is nearly naked, all Roger could do was unbutton his jersey. Even with that, they had to position it so it covered his sizable gut.

FarWestChicago
02-09-2008, 07:48 AM
I find it funny that while Clemens' wife is nearly naked, all Roger could do was unbutton his jersey. Even with that, they had to position it so it covered his sizable gut.

If 'roids or HGH could make your gut magically go away I would be finding a dentist to prescribe it. :happyguy:

Brian26
02-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Even with that, they had to position it so it covered his sizable gut.
They call that "beer muscle" in the business. :redneck

white sox bill
02-09-2008, 09:20 AM
A lot of people are under the misguided assumption that taking GH gives them a license to eat whatever and lose fat. Won't happen. What Debbie did was lots of clean calories. I know when I eat a fat laden meal, I feel energyless and lethargic. On the other hand when I eat a can of tuna and carrots, I have a TON of energy after eating. Try it sometime.

KyWhiSoxFan
02-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Mom and Pop Clemens need to get son Koby on the HGH. He's the one who needs it. He's stuck at single A. "Here, Koby, try this instead of Wheaties."

thegooch
02-09-2008, 09:50 AM
If 'roids or HGH could make your gut magically go away I would be finding a dentist to prescribe it. :happyguy:

No doubt.

California Sox
02-09-2008, 10:48 AM

I wonder if Debbie Clemens has any information about the Patriots and spygate.

bigfoot
02-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Wouldn't it have been a lot easier for the calendar editors to merely "Photoshop" the pic/s instead of the relying upon the individuals in the shots to provide a "perfect" body?

We all know that this happens often on magazine covers.

PS: Way to go Roger, hiding behind your wife's skirt....again. Truely HOF material .

TheOldRoman
02-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Wouldn't it have been a lot easier for the calendar editors to merely "Photoshop" the pic/s instead of the relying upon the individuals in the shots to provide a "perfect" body?

We all know that this happens often on magazine covers.

PS: Way to go Roger, hiding behind your wife's skirt....again. Truely HOF material .
Well, that is done anyways. I remember Jamie Lee Curtis showing a two pictures of her - one airbrushed to appear on a magazine cover, and the original. It was amazing how different they looked. No single picture like that will appear in a magazine that hasn't been airbrushed.

bigfoot
02-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Well, that is done anyways. I remember Jamie Lee Curtis showing a two pictures of her - one airbrushed to appear on a magazine cover, and the original. It was amazing how different they looked. No single picture like that will appear in a magazine that hasn't been airbrushed.

Agreed, so...........why the HGH?

Lip Man 1
02-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Jerko:

According to the story in the Tribune today, it's injected into the stomach.

Lip

ode to veeck
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
They call that "beer muscle" in the business. :redneck

It's not a 6-pack, more like an 18-pack

soxwon
02-09-2008, 04:00 PM
:popcorn:

How many rings does this circus have????

Brian McNamee told congressional investigators Thursday that Roger Clemens' wife took human growth hormone before she appeared with the pitcher in Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue in 2003, according to a Washington source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/02/08/2008-02-08_source_brian_mcnamee_testified_roger_cle.html

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/432482257_99ae2caf91.jpg

And so did oprah big frickin deal.

johnr1note
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
And so did oprah big frickin deal.

I don't think Oprah's ever done the SI swimsuit issue.

Frontman
02-09-2008, 06:20 PM
When this whole thing couldn't get any more bizarre......

Is the rule that when you play professional sports, you must become either a freakshow or live a life that is way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to strange for the regular guy to relate to?!?!?!?!

spiffie
02-09-2008, 06:21 PM
If either of them could make that happen they would be pushed through the FDA in about 35 seconds.

cws05champ
02-09-2008, 07:07 PM
All of these congressional hearings, money and time being spent to "keep our kids safe". Does anyone here think this could actually have no, or opposite affect that they are hoping. A lot of these guys that have come out and said I did it, or were implicated have been successful Major leaguers. Does that fuel any youngsters to want to try it because...hey it worked. I'm not saying it will have this affect/outcome but I'm not sure the end result will be what everyone is working towards.

kevin57
02-10-2008, 10:00 AM
All of these congressional hearings, money and time being spent to "keep our kids safe". Does anyone here think this could actually have no, or opposite affect that they are hoping. A lot of these guys that have come out and said I did it, or were implicated have been successful Major leaguers. Does that fuel any youngsters to want to try it because...hey it worked. I'm not saying it will have this affect/outcome but I'm not sure the end result will be what everyone is working towards.

Intesting angle, but I suspect that wouldn't happen. Despite the fact that 'roids use has been well known and decried here and by nearly everyone who's into sports, there are a whole lot of regular folks in this country would have only a passing awareness of the problem...at best. When "Soccer Moms" and others start seeing Senators and others grilling players and league and union representatives and showing those (in)famous charts on the floor of the House on the evening news, it will create a momentum for change that MLB would find very hard to ignore.

Has Oprah made this one of her crusades? That'll push it over the edge! :tongue:

voodoochile
02-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Intesting angle, but I suspect that wouldn't happen. Despite the fact that 'roids use has been well known and decried here and by nearly everyone who's into sports, there are a whole lot of regular folks in this country would have only a passing awareness of the problem...at best. When "Soccer Moms" and others start seeing Senators and others grilling players and league and union representatives and showing those (in)famous charts on the floor of the House on the evening news, it will create a momentum for change that MLB would find very hard to ignore.

Has Oprah made this one of her crusades? That'll push it over the edge! :tongue:

Certainly should raise awareness among the common folks. Should lead to steroids being added to the "don't take drugs" discussion/questions and might cause a few parents to look more deeply if their teenage child suddenly starts to excel at sports while gaining muscle mass rapidly.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-10-2008, 10:23 AM

I know you meant it as a joke but it would be HUGE if Oprah ever did begin making noise about the horrible consequences to our young people if society allows (or tacitly approves of) star athletes using performance-enhancing steroids. These teenage jocks all have moms... and they do their laundry.

Personally I would enjoy some skull cracking conducted at the domicile level up and down America's streets. That would be fun.
:wink:

Jerko
02-10-2008, 10:23 AM
For future reference, is that pic of Debbie against the new rules? She is a woman, and that in fact is a bikini. I'd hate for someone to get a huge rip if they see that pic and post another one.

voodoochile
02-10-2008, 10:32 AM
For future reference, is that pic of Debbie against the new rules? She is a woman, and that in fact is a bikini. I'd hate for someone to get a huge rip if they see that pic and post another one.

No, because it's on topic and it shows her muscles. Gratuitous images of women in bikini's won't be allowed. We're trying to loosen the rules a bit, but that doesn't mean people get a free ride to turn this back into a boys locker room.

Jerko
02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
No, because it's on topic and it shows her muscles. Gratuitous images of women in bikini's won't be allowed. We're trying to loosen the rules a bit, but that doesn't mean people get a free ride to turn this back into a boys locker room.

Understood and agreed.

Fenway
02-10-2008, 10:57 AM

I posted the photo only because it was written that was the reason of the possible HGH use by Mrs. Clemens.

Certainly this is strangest angle in a story that has more curves than a mountain road. You can't make this stuff up.

Oblong
02-10-2008, 01:41 PM
We already went throug the "don't use steroids" schtick back in the late 80s/early 90s. Remember when Lyle Alzado died? I also remember a TV movie with James/Josh Brolin where he used steroids and died at the end.

The message was out. People just rather would take the risk. It's worth it to them.

voodoochile
02-10-2008, 02:26 PM
We already went throug the "don't use steroids" schtick back in the late 80s/early 90s. Remember when Lyle Alzado died? I also remember a TV movie with James/Josh Brolin where he used steroids and died at the end.

The message was out. People just rather would take the risk. It's worth it to them.

Well, yeah, but that was football. How many parents assume that because their kid plays baseball that there is/was nothing to worry about?

white sox bill
02-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Lyle Alzado's death was not linked to his steroid use, per Dr Huizenga, his personal physician. Lyle is the one who thought it was.

Frontman
02-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Well, yeah, but that was football. How many parents assume that because their kid plays baseball that there is/was nothing to worry about?

Quoted for truth. Parents don't think steroids would be used for sports besides football or track, as the high profile cases (up to now) didn't talk about baseball until the Home Run/steroid era came into play. They don't think about it with swimming, for example. But as a swimmer, I can tell you with absolute certainty that there are swimmers who do use steroids/HGH/anphetamines; as with any sport its about the edge. If you can pull it off and not get caught, any athlete will be tempted, and many will use.

kevin57
02-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I posted the photo only because it was written that was the reason of the possible HGH use by Mrs. Clemens.

Certainly this is strangest angle in a story that has more curves than a mountain road. You can't make this stuff up.

Fenway, is that "curves" reference meant to be a pun? :cool:

Actually, it is depressingly symptomatic of just how much of the "culture" of baseball (oxymoron) was infected with this pestilence! :angry: