Beginning at 10 a.m. CT on Thursday, February 14, you will
have an exclusive online opportunity to purchase individual-game
tickets for the 2008 White Sox season. To take advantage of
this online offer, you'll need to order online by using your
exclusive presale passcode. Your passcode will be e-mailed to
you the morning of your presale. The presale passcode is only
needed to access the ticket inventory. If you have not received
your passcode e-mail by 9 a.m. CT on the day of the presale,
please contact MLB.com Customer Service at 866-800-1275.

A very limited number of tickets will be available for
Opening Day, April 7 and Sox vs. Cubs, June 27-29.
Therefore, there will be a four (4) ticket limit per
game, per account. All other dates will have a 19
ticket limit.

Please note, your online presale ends on Thursday, February 14
at 10 p.m. CT. Thank you for your support of the White Sox. We
look forward to seeing you at U.S. Cellular Field this season!

Hitmen77
02-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Is this the same as the Sox Pride Club presale? Or does the Sox Pride Club have an earlier pre-sale date?

soxfan21
02-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Is this the same as the Sox Pride Club presale? Or does the Sox Pride Club have an earlier pre-sale date?
One day earlier, on the 13th.

NoNeckEra
02-08-2008, 01:05 PM
But don't look for too much availability for the Cubs' series since regular season ticket holders just got an email with Feb 11 availability, and Ozzie plan availability is on the 12th.

Also, does anyone know if the tickets being made available next week will be the "best" remaining, or are they still holding back for last minute Season Ticket buyers?

jenn2080
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
But don't look for too much availability for the Cubs' series since regular season ticket holders just got an email with Feb 11 availability, and Ozzie plan availability is on the 12th.

Also, does anyone know if the tickets being made available next week will be the "best" remaining, or are they still holding back for last minute Season Ticket buyers?

All the different sales are stupid.

chisoxmike
02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
All the different sales are stupid.

They really are. It makes the general on sale date for the public less important.

81 & 27 game holders and Sox Pride Club member should only get the pre-sale and everyone else should have one general on sale date.

sox1970
02-08-2008, 01:40 PM
They really are. It makes the general on sale date for the public less important.

81 & 27 game holders and Sox Pride Club member should only get the pre-sale and everyone else should have one general on sale date.

How about no pre-sales for anyone, no hoarding Cubs series, different prices for different series...it all sucks.

jenn2080
02-08-2008, 01:42 PM
How about no pre-sales for anyone, no hoarding Cubs series, different prices for different series...it all sucks.

There should be some kind of perk for season ticket holders. So I do think that keeping it for us is fine, but all these pre sales are dumb. How many people are not registered on the Sox web site? Do they really need a presale?:rolleyes:

chisoxmike
02-08-2008, 01:46 PM

I agree. But, if someone is going to be spending a few grand on season tickets, they should get a perk for a pre-sale.

soxfan21
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
There should be some kind of perk for season ticket holders. So I do think that keeping it for us is fine, but all these pre sales are dumb. How many people are not registered on the Sox web site? Do they really need a presale?:rolleyes:
I agree with you about season ticket holders, and about the whole registered white sox fans thing. But, if you pay the money to get the season tickets, you should be allowed some perks with this. It does suck for some people because opening day will most likely be sold out, except for some really high upper deck seats, and the cubs/sox series will probably be sold out before the general presale. It is rediculous how they are taking the entire week just to sell regular season tickets.

Hitmen77
02-08-2008, 02:09 PM

Why should you care? If you are a season ticket holder and get your pre-sale first, what difference does it make to you whether there are other subsequent pre-sale dates for other fans. It's not like the White Sox are asking you to manage their ticket sales schedule.

If the Sox want to promote subscriptions to the Sox Pride Club by offering a pre-sale perk, I don't see why people should have a problem with it.

itsnotrequired
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Why should you care? If you are a season ticket holder and get your pre-sale first, what difference does it make to you whether there are other subsequent pre-sale dates for other fans. It's not like the White Sox are asking you to manage their ticket sales schedule.

If the Sox want to promote subscriptions to the Sox Pride Club by offering a pre-sale perk, I don't see why people should have a problem with it.

:thumbsup:

champagne030
02-08-2008, 02:38 PM

Unless the Sox have changed procedure this season, they will be holding back most of the better seats.

jenn2080
02-08-2008, 02:43 PM

Calm down. I am not losing any sleep over it or care that much. I think to spend a week on pre sale is stupid. Have one day and thats that.

BainesHOF
02-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Why act surprised the way the Sox sell tickets? They don't care who buys them, only that they sell them.

cws05champ
02-08-2008, 02:44 PM
All that being said. Any season ticket holder willing to buy me 2 tickets in the 100's for Cubs June 27-28? It's the only dates I'll be in Chicago all year most likely. PM me if you are willing/able.
Mods, sorry to Hijack the thread:hijacked:. I did not know if this was allowed or not. I read through the rules in the ticket exchange and the general forum rules but this is kind of a gray area.

Fenway
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Why act surprised the way the Sox sell tickets? They don't care who buys them, only that they sell them.

Which is why they and 29 other MLB teams exist.

NoNeckEra
02-08-2008, 10:54 PM
All that being said. Any season ticket holder willing to buy me 2 tickets in the 100's for Cubs June 27-28? It's the only dates I'll be in Chicago all year most likely. PM me if you are willing/able.

You have to be kidding!
Even season ticket holders will be extremely lucky to get anything in the upper deck between the bases.

asg2003ws2005
02-09-2008, 08:01 AM
I have no problem with the presales. Most of the games actually bought in these are the "hot" series anyways. I doubt you'll need a presale to get good seats for April 15th's tuesday matinee against a rebuilding Oakland squad.
Hell, you can get good tickets RIGHT NOW on stubhub for that game. With lower deck tickets already hovering around 1/2 off the box office price.
If you want the lower in demand games, I suggest going to the Box Office on Feb 15. No fees, and you can pick the seats you want.

Also, I'm suprised the Sox arent trying to push the Ozzie plan more. You can get MORE than 13 game sif you want. And Last i checked, the only series where you're limited to one game is the cubs. If you want all 4 boston games, they will not stop you. And the lower fees are a plus too.

Brian26
02-09-2008, 08:53 AM

How about if you quit whining and pony up for season tickets? :redneck

Steelrod
02-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I swear,
If they picked a game a gave all the tickets away for free, someone would complain about the date and someone would ***** about the opponent, and someone would ***** about paying for parking!

kevingrt
02-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I swear,
If they picked a game a gave all the tickets away for free, someone would complain about the date and someone would ***** about the opponent, and someone would ***** about paying for parking!

I complain about the parking all the time no matter what. $18 to park anywhere sucks.

thegooch
02-09-2008, 08:07 PM
If you want the lower in demand games, I suggest going to the Box Office on Feb 15. No fees, and you can pick the seats you want.

Is this true? Do they really hold back tickets for the box office sale on the 15th? If I'm shut out of OD during the pre-sales, are my chances better to get them at the box office? I didn't think this was true.

soxfanreggie
02-10-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm lucky I have a friend who's willing to try and get me some tickets. I'll be out of town on business, and will be busy when the pre-sale starts. I won't even have him try to get Sox-Cubs tickets because they'll probably be gone by then, so hopefully I'll have a better chance to get the games I want.

oeo
02-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm lucky I have a friend who's willing to try and get me some tickets. I'll be out of town on business, and will be busy when the pre-sale starts. I won't even have him try to get Sox-Cubs tickets because they'll probably be gone by then, so hopefully I'll have a better chance to get the games I want.

Sox-Cubs is so overrated, anyway. If you want the worst baseball experience, go to a Sox-Cubs game.

chisoxmike
02-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Sox-Cubs is so overrated, anyway. If you want the worst baseball experience, go to a Sox-Cubs game.

I respectfully disagree with that. Even if the two teams are in last place, the games are great. Usually both teams play like its game 7 of the World Series. The games have provided memorable moments in seasons that have been less than stellar.

They're fun to go to. I wouldn't bend over backwards to get tickets, and I usually only will go to one of them, but they're entertaining at least...

asg2003ws2005
02-11-2008, 08:00 AM
I complain about the parking all the time no matter what. $18 to park anywhere sucks.
$22

Cat Thief
02-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Someone please refresh me memory about this STH presale today. Is it just a matter of entering our acct # through Tickemaster or is there a password that is should have received?

Harry Potter
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Someone please refresh me memory about this STH presale today. Is it just a matter of entering our acct # through Tickemaster or is there a password that is should have received?

There is a password that I received this morning but *cough* it was just my account number *cough*

Jason82807
02-11-2008, 09:47 AM
I just received my account # as my PW also. I was given no info on the 9am presale for premium seating ticket holders, just the 10 a.m. one. I'm getting worried here.

JohnTucker0814
02-11-2008, 09:58 AM
And if any of you season ticket holders want to purchase 3 opening day tickets for me... I'd gladly pay you for them! =) Of course I'd pay face value or whatever you paid with ticketmaster charges... (cause that's the rules of this board!)

skottyj242
02-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't have my account on me.

itsnotrequired
02-11-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't have my account on me.

call yr rep

kevingrt
02-11-2008, 10:22 AM
And if any of you season ticket holders want to purchase 3 opening day tickets for me... I'd gladly pay you for them! =) Of course I'd pay face value or whatever you paid with ticketmaster charges... (cause that's the rules of this board!)

Same boat as you. Being a college student I honestly can't afford season tickets or even waste $20 on a Sox Pride membership. I guess I may this year though. But still that doesn't mean I shouldn't have the ability to get the home opener tickets. And if anyone has an extra deuce or foursome I will gladly take the tickets off your back.

Jason82807
02-11-2008, 10:52 AM

The Box Office isn't open until the 16th

The Dude
02-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Got 4 for OD, Cubs sat and Cubs sunday.:gulp:

SoxFan78
02-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Scored 2 lower deck for opening day. Thats all I needed!

Cat Thief
02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
4 Od

:d:

cbone
02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Got 4 UDS for Opening day behind the plate and 2 for Sunday Cub game Sec 537 Row 8. Not too bad...

skottyj242
02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Two uppers for Friday Cubs, two uppers Sunday Cubs, two right field bleachers Elvis night.

whitesoxwilkes
02-11-2008, 11:19 AM
2 for OD, sec 108. All I needed. :bandance:

kittle42
02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
9 for 4/22 and 9 for 8/7. Hitting both ends of the Cubs/Sox home games those days with 8 other guys. Should be fun.

chisoxmike
02-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Picked up a ticket for the final game of the year. I always make sure I go to opening day and the final home game of the year. :gulp:

Also picked two up for the May 25 Sunday night game against the Angels.:bandance:

soxfan21
02-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Got two for Opening Day in the bleachers, gonna be sweet :D:. That's all I needed b/c cubs/sox is included in my 27 game plan. There are still some cubs/Sox seats left for the Sunday game though.

Jerko
02-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Got 2 for OD, 2 for a Yankee game (Wed night I think), and 2 for Elvis night. The rest I figure I can get anytime or from one of my buddies.

pdimas
02-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Got all upper deck tickets (4 per game) behind home plate for Friday and Saturday Cubs/Sox and the Opener.

I guess if I wanted lowers I should have looked for 2 tix at a time. Ah well. At least i'll be able to sit next to skotty every game. :tongue: My poor liver.....

NoNeckEra
02-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Got two for Opening Day in the bleachers, gonna be sweet :D:. That's all I needed b/c cubs/sox is included in my 27 game plan. There are still some pretty sweet seats left though for the weekend cubs/sox games for anyone that is still buying, or getting them later in the week.
I got in within the first 5 minutes for the Cubs series and Opening day and got UD way back around the bases.

Kuzman
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
nice nice

i just picked up 4 for Opening Day 4 for the Saturday Cubs and 11 for Elvis Night. Gotta love all that OT I put in to feed the Sox addiction.

soxfan21
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I got in within the first 5 minutes for the Cubs series and Opening day and got UD way back around the bases.
When I got on they still had some lower reserved left, even though they were behind the foul pole (sec. 108).

chisoxfan83
02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Scored 4 lowers, for opening day! They aren't together but are in consecutive rows! :bandance:

jenn2080
02-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I got 2 tix for the opener for my cousin. That was all I needed.

WhiffleBall
02-11-2008, 11:41 AM
It looks like TM is now automatically splitting up request for 4 seats together into tandem seating if 4 are not available together. That is a nice option to have but it still does not justify the $4.75 per ticket fee plus a $3 convenience charge and a $3.50 order processing charge.

jenn2080
02-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Got all upper deck tickets (4 per game) behind home plate for Friday and Saturday Cubs/Sox and the Opener.

I guess if I wanted lowers I should have looked for 2 tix at a time. Ah well. At least i'll be able to sit next to skotty every game. :tongue: My poor liver.....

Oh you do plenty of damage on your own without him.

soxfan21
02-11-2008, 11:43 AM
You are right, I just checked and according to ticketmaster, the Saturday cubs/Sox game is sold out, and the only seats left for the Sunday game are in sec. 558.

Jerko
02-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Just got 2 uppers for Friday cub game at about 10:40 if anybody still wants to try for that game.

soxwon
02-11-2008, 12:22 PM
piece of cake sec 109 row 14
sec 156 row 17 for the opener.

thegooch
02-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Got 4 OD lowers section 154. Great success!

redsand22
02-11-2008, 12:38 PM
4 OD lowers
4 UD for each of the Cubs/Sox

:gulp:

nitetrain8601
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
I thought people were limited to 4 per household for Cubs/Sox??

NoNeckEra
02-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I thought people were limited to 4 per household for Cubs/Sox??
Per game.

nitetrain8601
02-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Per game.

Darn, that's not good. I joined SoxPride Club just in hopes of getting tickets to one of those games. Ebay it is it looks like.

itsnotrequired
02-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Darn, that's not good. I joined SoxPride Club just in hopes of getting tickets to one of those games. Ebay it is it looks like.

The Sox are SUPPOSEDLY holding back some tickets for OD/Cubs for other days of the presale. How many that is, I have no idea (if they hold any back at all).

Gammons Peter
02-11-2008, 01:21 PM
got my cub tix for the Sunday game (sec 535 r 18). Drill-rod Murph on WSCR is hammering the system right now.

It's Dankerific
02-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Worked perfectly for me this morning, back like it was in 2006, not that debacle of 2007

soxfan21
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
got my cub tix for the Sunday game (sec 535 r 18). Drill-rod Murph on WSCR is hammering the system right now.
What's he saying about it?

SoxFan78
02-11-2008, 01:42 PM
What's he saying about it?

Basically saying that this is a HUGE PR blunder by the White Sox. He says that people who dont have a ticket plan, or part of the Sox Pride Club, or a registered user should not get first crack at tickets.

"Regular Fans" according to him should get first crack at tickets. When somebody brought up what the team up north does, he swept that under the table.

nitetrain8601
02-11-2008, 01:42 PM
He was saying how it's pretty messed up how people who could only go for 1 or 2 games a year, but they have the last chance to get any tickets so they get to only pick at the terrible level games. I agree.

Jason82807
02-11-2008, 01:45 PM

Don't give up on the SPC section tickets. Opening Day goes on sale 3/1 and Cubs series games go on sale 5/1. 60 seats per game are set aside for SPC Premier members (limit 4 tickets per month per Premier member). These seats will probably be in the lower level in a "pizza-shaped" section

NoNeckEra
02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
"Regular Fans" according to him should get first crack at tickets.
Why that would mean CUB fans would be more likely to get tickets for the games at the "Cell" than otherwise.
I don't think the Sox want that.

SoxFan78
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
He was saying how it's pretty messed up how people who could only go for 1 or 2 games a year, but they have the last chance to get any tickets so they get to only pick at the terrible level games. I agree.

So people who put up thousands of dollars shoudln't get first chance at tickets? That's crazy. I have a weekend plan. So since I already have tickets, that somehow punishes me from buying more tickets?

And I do feel bad for people that can only go to 1 or 2 games a year, I used to be one of those people. But its not like the whole season is sold out. Far from it. They will have a chance to go to a game. If you are a true Sox fan, it shouldn't matter which game you are going to, just as long as you are going.

sox1970
02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't think season ticket holders should be penalized in any way, but when tickets go on sale, they should go on sale for everyone. Make it a Saturday morning at 10am, and have had it--internet, ticketmaster locations, and the box office.

Obviously I am not a season ticket holder, but isn't your perk for having season tickets better seats, closer parking, other extras? Educate me if I'm wrong.

NoNeckEra
02-11-2008, 02:00 PM
So people who put up thousands of dollars shoudln't get first chance at tickets? That's crazy. I have a weekend plan. So since I already have tickets, that somehow punishes me from buying more tickets?

I have a weekend plan as well(down from full ST, btw).
But I had a chance to buy more tickets than I have in my ST plan and chose not to, and now it's time to open it up to those who didn't elect to buy ST plans.

Under the current system, by having a weekend plan, you can then "cherry pick" the top 4 games and leave nothing for the masses. I can see the argument both ways.

Steelrod
02-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't think season ticket holders should be penalized in any way, but when tickets go on sale, they should go on sale for everyone. Make it a Saturday morning at 10am, and have had it--internet, ticketmaster locations, and the box office.

Obviously I am not a season ticket holder, but isn't your perk for having season tickets better seats, closer parking, other extras? Educate me if I'm wrong.
It's just good business to take care of your customers before you take care of people who do not patronize you. Better games should be for better customers.

itsnotrequired
02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
There is also a lot of folks that split their plans. If four people share two seats, only one pair of them will get to go to Opening Day. Letting ST holders purchase early let's the whole group go to some of the more popular games.

skottyj242
02-11-2008, 02:53 PM

Don't we have this argument every season?

itsnotrequired
02-11-2008, 03:02 PM

Yes.

And it isn't like Cub/Sox are the only games worth seeing.

It's Dankerific
02-11-2008, 03:22 PM
There is also a lot of folks that split their plans. If four people share two seats, only one pair of them will get to go to Opening Day. Letting ST holders purchase early let's the whole group go to some of the more popular games.

Thats a great point. Saves alot of family bickering in the pro-Sox houses.

It's just good business to take care of your customers before you take care of people who do not patronize you. Better games should be for better customers.

The way I see it, the season ticket base helps pay for the lineup. its guaranteed money. we also either sit in (or just pay for) cold april days, september call up time. If we want to hook up some of our friends with tickets to the other games through a presale, I think the ST Holders deserve it. (and then, in order, the SPC members and registered users)

As someone mentioned, its certainly better than letting some Cub fan the same opportunity as a Sox fan for the cubs/sox. Its certainly better than some scalper. For the fans who can only go to one or two games a year, I guarantee you can find some great seats at great prices from your frends here in the proper forum.

jabrch
02-11-2008, 03:47 PM

Amazingly yes.

Life isn't fair. It is unfair that some people can afford season tickets, and in addition to getting all of the tickets to every game, they also get to buy extras for Sox vs Cubs and Opening Day. It is also unfair that in order to get those priveledges, I have to pay for games against the Royals, Devil Rays, Orioles and the Rangers. It's unfair that I have to pay for games that I won't use, or games when it is so cold that I'd rather be on my couch. But I choose to do it because of the benefits I get - one of which is the opportunity to get a few extra tickets so I can hook up a few guys who otherwise would not get to go.

Steelrod
02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
In the immortal words of Mel Brooks, "It's good to be the king!"

Hitmen77
02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Yes.

And it isn't like Cub/Sox are the only games worth seeing.

Excellent point. Quite frankly, these are my least favorite games of the season. That's just my opinion and I'm fine with others loving those games. But it does start to sound like the Cubs/Sox games are the only games worth seeing to some fans.

Thats a great point. Saves alot of family bickering in the pro-Sox houses.

The way I see it, the season ticket base helps pay for the lineup. its guaranteed money. we also either sit in (or just pay for) cold april days, september call up time. If we want to hook up some of our friends with tickets to the other games through a presale, I think the ST Holders deserve it. (and then, in order, the SPC members and registered users)

As someone mentioned, its certainly better than letting some Cub fan the same opportunity as a Sox fan for the cubs/sox. Its certainly better than some scalper. For the fans who can only go to one or two games a year, I guarantee you can find some great seats at great prices from your frends here in the proper forum.

Also, if people are so bent of out shape about SPC members and registered users getting a sale date before the general public, it's not like these 2 options are cost-prohibitive to those fans who go to only a couple of games per year. For fans that are that concerned about getting good tickets right after season ticket holders get their shot, the SPC is only $20 for the year and registering on whitesox.com is free.

Steelrod
02-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Next comes complaining about the prices for those who were able to get the premier games!

MCHSoxFan
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Just got three (3) tickets in section 103 at the top for my father, his friend, and his friends father tot he Saturday Sox/Cubs game! Since I have to buy wheelchair, I got to call the Sox and pay NO Ticketmaster fees!!!! :bandance:

The Dude
02-11-2008, 06:53 PM

You are wrong. It's not necessarily better seats as much as it is having the same seats every game. Anyone can get parking just as close. It is listed in our benefits as season ticket holders. Why shouldn't we get perks?? We are the ones fronting the cash for every game!

The Dude
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM

Yes indeed. Those who choose to spend less are obviously the ones complaining. I don't see how this is even a discussion. :rolleyes:

The Dude
02-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Amazingly yes.

Life isn't fair. It is unfair that some people can afford season tickets, and in addition to getting all of the tickets to every game, they also get to buy extras for Sox vs Cubs and Opening Day. It is also unfair that in order to get those priveledges, I have to pay for games against the Royals, Devil Rays, Orioles and the Rangers. It's unfair that I have to pay for games that I won't use, or games when it is so cold that I'd rather be on my couch. But I choose to do it because of the benefits I get - one of which is the opportunity to get a few extra tickets so I can hook up a few guys who otherwise would not get to go.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

NoNeckEra
02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
But it does start to sound like the Cubs/Sox games are the only games worth seeing to some fans.
They represent 3 of the 4 games that will sell out before the season starts. That's why all the attention.

ChiSoxGirl
02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
A season ticket-holding friend scored two in Sec. 155 for Opening Day for us! :bandance: That's all I care about!

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Amazingly yes.

Boo ****ing hoo. Its unfair that you can AFFORD to buy tickets to all those games just to get the games you really want??? Cry me a ****ing river. Man some of you just make some of the dumbest statements and actually get people to agree with them???

I'm in the middle of this whole issue, I can afford my share of games but I don't think I can invest in season tickets. However, I still think it's UNFAIR for season ticket holders to get a heads up on single game tickets days in advance before the less fortunate Sox fan can. Chances are 50% (and I am being VERY generous) of season ticket holders are either a) owned by businesses and/or b) bought to be sold on StubHub and eBay. So these guys get a chance to get more tickets to entertain some clients that probably don't even like baseball much less the Sox and/or get more tickets to sell for profit? *****.

I'm sorry but it gets under my skin to hear so many of you on here talk the way this guy does. And as much as I don't agree with Mike Murphy, on his show yesterday he tackled this issue and I was very happy to hear that the first handful of callers (turned off the radio to get to work) all agreed with Murph who shared my opinion on this also.

I know I won't get many supporters when I say this, but I hope this whole crapfest goes away very soon and we get one date for single-game tickets thats open to EVERYONE.

It's Dankerific
02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
You know, you don't need to be rich. you need to be friends with ONE Sox season ticket holder. Now if making friends and being social aint someone's thing, more often than not they're putting in enough time at work to buy whatever tickets they want on whatever site they want.

Further, which do the sox want to be the most happy? the season ticket holders spending thousands of dollars, or the individual buyers spending hundreds? Its only a small, but apparently very vocal minority who complain about the presale anyway. I'm sorry some people wont get to see opening day or 3 easy wins at the ballpark, but the other 77 games are pretty fun too!

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Boo ****ing hoo. Its unfair that you can AFFORD to buy tickets to all those games just to get the games you really want??? Cry me a ****ing river. Man some of you just make some of the dumbest statements and actually get people to agree with them???

I'm in the middle of this whole issue, I can afford my share of games but I don't think I can invest in season tickets. However, I still think it's UNFAIR for season ticket holders to get a heads up on single game tickets days in advance before the less fortunate Sox fan can. Chances are 50% (and I am being VERY generous) of season ticket holders are either a) owned by businesses and/or b) bought to be sold on StubHub and eBay. So these guys get a chance to get more tickets to entertain some clients that probably don't even like baseball much less the Sox and/or get more tickets to sell for profit? *****.

I'm sorry but it gets under my skin to hear so many of you on here talk the way this guy does. And as much as I don't agree with Mike Murphy, on his show yesterday he tackled this issue and I was very happy to hear that the first handful of callers (turned off the radio to get to work) all agreed with Murph who shared my opinion on this also.

I know I won't get many supporters when I say this, but I hope this whole crapfest goes away very soon and we get one date for single-game tickets thats open to EVERYONE.

50% are owned by businesses or bought just to be sold? Get ****ing real. Any ****ing proof or are you just here to swear?

I bought extras for Opening Day so some of my ****ing friends could go to the ****ing game? You got a ****ing problem with that?

It isn't like people buy extras and throw them in the trash just to stick it to you. Get a ****ing grip.

peeonwrigley
02-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Opening Day is generally cold as hell. The Cubs/Sox series at either park is always inundated with the criminally stupid. And they're hammered.

Enjoy these games on TV.

If you really need to go, check Gold Cost or Stub Hub, etc. Non-playoff games at the Cell are never outrageous.

Christ.

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Opening Day is generally cold as hell. The Cubs/Sox series at either park is always inundated with the criminally stupid. And they're hammered.

Enjoy these games on TV.

If you really need to go, check Gold Cost or Stub Hub, etc. Non-playoff games at the Cell are never outrageous.

Christ.

Or check the Ticket Exchange here at WSI. There are ALWAYS some tickets available for OD or Cubs.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
50% are owned by businesses or bought just to be sold? Get ****ing real. Any ****ing proof or are you just here to swear?

I bought extras for Opening Day so some of my ****ing friends could go to the ****ing game? You got a ****ing problem with that?

It isn't like people buy extras and throw them in the trash just to stick it to you. Get a ****ing grip.

pretty damn defensive considering i said 50% which might suggest you are part of the other 50% that actually can use the extra tickets? Unclinch your fists and rethink your very creative post. If I know you I know you're a lot smarter than to just click reply and post a stupid post like that one.
Don't know where you got/are getting your education from but 50% does NOT = 100%.
It is merely half. And if every season ticket holder on here does what you do, that's awesome. But all the season ticket holders on here account for about 5% IF that. Last I checked the White Sox have somewhere near 15,000 season ticket/split-season ticket holders.

EDIT: I stand corrected, the Sox have nearly 23,000 season ticket holders....
Now is your chance to get Chicago White Sox Baseball Season Tickets. The White Sox currently have around 23,000 season ticket holders and a waiting list that should be relatively small.

Linky (http://www.ticketwaitinglist.com/2008/01/chicago-white-sox-season-ticket.html)

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 08:03 PM
pretty damn defensive considering i said 50% which might suggest you are part of the other 50% that actually can use the extra tickets? Unclinch your fists and rethink your very creative post. If I know you I know you're a lot smarter than to just click reply and post a stupid post like that one.
Don't know where you got/are getting your education from but 50% does NOT = 100%.
It is merely half. And if every season ticket holder on here does what you do, that's awesome. But all the season ticket holders on here account for about 5% IF that. Last I checked the White Sox have somewhere near 15,000 season ticket/split-season ticket holders.

EDIT: I stand corrected, the Sox have nearly 23,000 season ticket holders....

Linky (http://www.ticketwaitinglist.com/2008/01/chicago-white-sox-season-ticket.html)

****! ****! ****!

Feel free to poll the posters here to find out who has their tickets as part of a business or buy them only to sell. My guess is you are the one who will have trouble finding 5% of holders that do what you suggest.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
****! ****! ****!

Feel free to poll the posters here to find out who has their tickets as part of a business or buy them only to sell. My guess is you are the one who will have trouble finding 5% of holders that do what you suggest.

1 - they wouldnt admit to it
2 - im willing to say that 95% of the POSTERS on this message board do NOT sell their tickets for profit and they actually use them or give them to friends to use. which is AWESOME. but thats POSTERS on a white sox message board. by just being members of this website and mingling with fellow Sox fans they're already proving their fandom and proving that they are not part of the 50% I originally mentioned.

Your debate is flawed beyond comprehension. Just keep coming at me with a storm of curse words because at least I understand that.

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 08:24 PM
1 - they wouldnt admit to it
2 - im willing to say that 95% of the POSTERS on this message board do NOT sell their tickets for profit and they actually use them or give them to friends to use. which is AWESOME. but thats POSTERS on a white sox message board. by just being members of this website and mingling with fellow Sox fans they're already proving their fandom and proving that they are not part of the 50% I originally mentioned.

Your debate is flawed beyond comprehension. Just keep coming at me with a storm of curse words because at least I understand that.

Maybe I should throw some percentages your way? 46%! 81% ****!

Your numbers are based on nothing more than your warped sense of reality.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Maybe I should throw some percentages your way? 46%! 81% ****!

Your numbers are based on nothing more than your warped sense of reality.

Yup. I'm going to do the mods a favor and just keep this personal debate (which I'm leading 100% - 0% according to CNN.com polls) from going any further.
Take care of yourself buddy.

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.wsiforums.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

champagne030
02-12-2008, 08:41 PM

I'll admit it. I buy extra Flub/Sawx/Yankmee tickets every year and sell a couple at face to friends and a couple on stubhub for a profit. It makes up for the games that I eat or sell at a loss. It used to be better when I just used my Sox charge and now I pay Ticketbastard, but the Sox are just not able to handle the volume of requests when the ST base is 20K+. I'm not going to ***** if the Sox take it away, but I'll take advantage that it's there. The solution is to join the program and pony up for at least the Ozzie Plan or you just cannot expect to pay face to go to the games with the highest demand.

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the same guy that was bragging about selling a couple of the World Series Trophy replicas on ebay... I wouldn't put much stock into his moanings and groanings... also.. your shtick is old... http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84185&page=3

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the same guy that was bragging about selling a couple of the World Series Trophy replicas on ebay... I wouldn't put much stock into his moanings and groanings...

and this post solves all the problems in the world. me selling ONE replica trophy kills my credibility. i hope your profession isn't one of being a judge. number of innocent people in jail would triple.
hey, instead of bringing up ancient news with your own little twist, lets work on a new handle. unless you're going to be cheering for pods on the rockies AAA team.
nonetheless, pods, gone, but will never be forgotten. 2005 baby, 2005.

btw, AWESOME signature. i have NO IDEA how jackass correlates to directions nor do i find it funny at all, but hey man, you got something there.......

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 08:52 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84185&page=3

It felt like I had been through this before...

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 08:57 PM
and this post solves all the problems in the world. me selling ONE replica trophy kills my credibility. i hope your profession isn't one of being a judge. number of innocent people in jail would triple.
hey, instead of bringing up ancient news with your own little twist, lets work on a new handle. unless you're going to be cheering for pods on the rockies AAA team.
nonetheless, pods, gone, but will never be forgotten. 2005 baby, 2005.Ha! So because the player my handle is based off of is no longer with the team, I have to change my handle? I'm gonna throw a % at you now... if that were the case, 50% of the people on this board would have to change their handles... Maybe I should do a poll?

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Maybe I should do a poll?

Only 24% would respond.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 08:59 PM
I'll admit it. I buy extra Flub/Sawx/Yankmee tickets every year and sell a couple at face to friends and a couple on stubhub for a profit. It makes up for the games that I eat or sell at a loss. It used to be better when I just used my Sox charge and now I pay Ticketbastard, but the Sox are just not able to handle the volume of requests when the ST base is 20K+. I'm not going to ***** if the Sox take it away, but I'll take advantage that it's there. The solution is to join the program and pony up for at least the Ozzie Plan or you just cannot expect to pay face to go to the games with the highest demand.

thank you for posting this. what you do, i don't really have a problem with. you're presented with the opportunity, why wouldn't you take advantage of it? who is at fault here? not you, but the white sox for doing this thing in the first place. and i just find it funny how people sit there in their happy go-lucky, make believe worlds thinking every season ticket holder hangs on to their tickets and is an actual fan.

Ha! So because the player my handle is based off of is no longer with the team, I have to change my handle? I'm gonna throw a % at you now... if that were the case, 50% of the people on this board would have to change their handles... Maybe I should do a poll?

i never said you HAVE to do anything. my exact words were "lets work on a new handle". i can help you if you'd like? just let me know.

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Only 24% would respond.I'm guessing 50% of those would sell their vote.

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 09:05 PM
thank you for posting this. what you do, i don't really have a problem with. you're presented with the opportunity, why wouldn't you take advantage of it? who is at fault here? not you, but the white sox for doing this thing in the first place. and i just find it funny how people sit there in their happy go-lucky, make believe worlds thinking every season ticket holder hangs on to their tickets and is an actual fan.

i never said you HAVE to do anything. my exact words were "lets work on a new handle". i can help you if you'd like? just let me know.And lose my post count? thanks but no thanks..

itsnotrequired
and i just find it funny how people sit there in their happy go-lucky, make believe worlds thinking every season ticket holder hangs on to their tickets and is an actual fan.

Not everyone but certainly more than 50%. Seriously, what do you base that number on? Conversations with other ticket holders? Conversations with the Sox ticket office? Scientific studies? Near as I can tell, it is little more than some kind of gut feel you have.

Brian26

Murph was wrong and so are you. INR and Jabrch already made you look like a fool, so there's not much more that needs to be said.

The bottom line is that anyone who has a season ticket plan, which is a large investment of time and money, absolutely deserves first crack at single game tickets. To have it any other way would be completely unjust.

Put yourself in someone else's shoes. Pretend you spent the money to purchase a 27-game Hit & Run or Double-Play Plan. Would it be fair that you wouldn't be guaranteed to go to Opening Day while some joker who goes to one game a year could beat you out online and snag Opening Day tickets? Or what about some Cubs fan who would buy OD tickets online and then immediately sell them on Ebay?

The same scenario holds true for playoff tickets. Why should someone who hasn't been to a game in ten years have the same chance at playoff tickets as someone who's gone to 27, 41 or 81 games throughout the regular season? And consider that the person who had the season ticket package probably ate a bunch of tickets on nights they couldn't go or when the weather was too bad.

Get real. The system is just, and it rewards longtime faithful fans who make a major investment in the team. Pony up and buy the season tickets if you want to go to Opening Day. Otherwise, quit complaining and buy tickets to one of the other 80 regular season games.

chisoxmike
02-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I bought tickets for every game on the presale yesterday, I'm going to sell them for ten times the face value...yes...even the Royals games. Then retire at the age of 24, all because the Sox let me have a presale. **** you all.

:party:

soxfan21
02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Murph was wrong and so are you. INR and Jabrch already made you look like a fool, so there's not much more that needs to be said.

The bottom line is that anyone who has a season ticket plan, which is a large investment of time and money, absolutely deserves first crack at single game tickets. To have it any other way would be completely unjust.

Put yourself in someone else's shoes. Pretend you spent the money to purchase a 27-game Hit & Run or Double-Play Plan. Would it be fair that you wouldn't be guaranteed to go to Opening Day while some joker who goes to one game a year could beat you out online and snag Opening Day tickets? Or what about some Cubs fan who would buy OD tickets online and then immediately sell them on Ebay?

The same scenario holds true for playoff tickets. Why should someone who hasn't been to a game in ten years have the same chance at playoff tickets as someone who's gone to 27, 41 or 81 games throughout the regular season? And consider that the person who had the season ticket package probably ate a bunch of tickets on nights they couldn't go or when the weather was too bad.

Get real. The system is just, and it rewards longtime faithful fans who make a major investment in the team. Pony up and buy the season tickets if you want to go to Opening Day. Otherwise, quit complaining and buy tickets to one of the other 80 regular season games.

I totally agree with you. I got a 27 game plan this year for the first time, because this is the first time that I had enought money to purchase one. This is hard earned money that I can spend any way that I wanted to, and I choose to purchase this plan because this is something that I have wanted for a long time. With the money that I dished out for two of these split season tickets in the lower deck, I think I, as well as the many others who have purchased eigher full or split plans, deserved some perks. I bought Opening Day tickets in the presale for myself and my cousin who is basically like a brother to me. I agree with you that season ticket holders should have a better chance of getting seats than someone that does not have them because they dished out money not totally knowing what is going to happen this season, and that guarantees the sox money whether they are good going into september or bad going into that last monty.

I also agree that we should get first crack at playoff tickets when they go on sale because of the investment in the team that we have put in. As mentioned before, Opening Day and the cubs/Sox series are only 4 games out of 81 at the Cell. If you really like the Sox and are a true fan that cannot afford to buy season tickets, but can only go to a few games a year, then going to any other game should be alright. So you missed Opening Day, or some cubs/Sox games, that is what the TV is for.

MCHSoxFan
02-12-2008, 09:40 PM

Hell YEEESSS!!! My grandmother spends thousands of $$$$ every year since 2002 for our season tickets. We go to the game together. You wanna know something?!?! My father, my father's father, and my brother are HUGE White Sox fans, too and they want to be a part of the Opening Day festivities. Damn, we just spent $7,000 on two tickets. I think we should have first crack. My family has loved the White Sox since they began. My grandpa's brother and cousin were Sox batboys. WE JUST LOVE THE WHITE SOX!!! Also, if you really want to go to OD, Crosstown games, go to SubHub and pay exta, cause that an't gonna equal what we paid as ST Holders. We are going to see KC, BAL, TB...and yes, OD C**s, NYY, BOS, and the promo nights. We paid for em, right?!?!
:angry::angry::angry:

MCHSoxFan
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Also! If you are a REAL fan you will sit in section 558 row 21 to see the KC Royals. You can also sit in secton 136 row 1 for the Home Opener, too. You love the Sox...You love baseball. C'mon. I mean, I wanna go to OD too (And I am), but still, there are other games. The White Sox play in them. Just go and enjoy a WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Also! If you are a REAL fan you will sit in section 558 row 21 to see the KC Royals. You can also sit in secton 136 row 1 for the Home Opener, too. You love the Sox...You love baseball. C'mon. I mean, I wanna go to OD too (And I am), but still, there are other games. The White Sox play in them. Just go and enjoy a WHITE SOX WINNER!!!I still swear to god you and bafia would be a great match..... Course I don't think this board could handle the ! marks when you get married or whatever... :)

MCHSoxFan
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I still swear to god you and bafia would be a great match..... Course I don't think this board could handle the ! marks when you get married or whatever... :)

You are talkin bout batboy TOM BAFIA..Right?!?! I like him, but batboy Richard is my man!

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 09:49 PM
You are talkin bout batboy TOM BAFIA..Right?!?! I like him, but batboy Richard is my man!Oh sorry.. thought you were a guy... and I was talking about bafiarocks, the infrequent poster here as of late....

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Not everyone but certainly more than 50%. Seriously, what do you base that number on? Conversations with other ticket holders? Conversations with the Sox ticket office? Scientific studies? Near as I can tell, it is little more than some kind of gut feel you have.

just go to stubhub.com
there is ALREADY almost an average of 1,000 tickets per game available on there for each sox game!
there will be twice as many come friday. so just divide 1,000/23,000, that is just 4%. But today was the first day of single game ticket sales. Now lets wait til Friday is see what how many tickets for each game are available. Now lets make take a honest guess at how many tickets are purchased by corporations? Another 1,000 or so? We're upto 9%. Add in how many go to ticket brokers. Add in how many more will be sold in the days leading to the games.

we can argue back and forth but you can't deny everything im saying. can you honestly sit there and tell me you're not amazed that there currently is already 987 tickets available on stubhub for opening day? after just 1 day of single game tickets going on sale to a select few?

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 11:30 PM
just go to stubhub.com
there is ALREADY almost an average of 1,000 tickets per game available on there for each sox game!
there will be twice as many come friday. so just divide 1,000/23,000, that is just 4%. But today was the first day of single game ticket sales. Now lets wait til Friday is see what how many tickets for each game are available. Now lets make take a honest guess at how many tickets are purchased by corporations? Another 1,000 or so? We're upto 9%. Add in how many go to ticket brokers. Add in how many more will be sold in the days leading to the games.

we can argue back and forth but you can't deny everything im saying. can you honestly sit there and tell me you're not amazed that there currently is already 987 tickets available on stubhub for opening day? after just 1 day of single game tickets going on sale to a select few?Not that it matters any but did you check before the presale? How many were up then? Also there are a lot of people that don't go to cold weather games, i.e. april etc. snow-birds etc.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Not that it matters any but did you check before the presale? How many were up then? Also there are a lot of people that don't go to cold weather games, i.e. april etc. snow-birds etc.

lol ull always have an excuse huh?
if u disagree, thats fine. but to go to these lengths to make ur point? embrassing.

how else can people buy tickets and post them on stubhub other than being season ticket holders? no one else has had a chance to buy tickets yet to post them on stubhub.

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 11:39 PM
lol ull always have an excuse huh?
if u disagree, thats fine. but to go to these lengths to make ur point? embrassing.

how else can people buy tickets and post them on stubhub other than being season ticket holders? no one else has had a chance to buy tickets yet to post them on stubhub.Ozzie plan holders can get OD tix in their plan... You'll need to expand your little tinfoil hat theory to include them now... What's embarassing is your constant harping on an issue that is completely incoherent... Every single business offers perks to repeat customers, its a fact of how business is conducted nowadays... Deal with it.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Ozzie plan holders can get OD tix in their plan... You'll need to expand your little tinfoil hat theory to include them now... What's embarassing is your constant harping on an issue that is completely incoherent... Every single business offers perks to repeat customers, its a fact of how business is conducted nowadays... Deal with it.

why dont the cubs offer this to their ST holders? or the yankees? or the red sox? better yet, dont answer that because im sure ull make up something that u think is creative and/or funny and fail miserably.

Scottiehaswheels
02-13-2008, 12:01 AM
why dont the cubs offer this to their ST holders? or the yankees? or the red sox? better yet, dont answer that because im sure ull make up something that u think is creative and/or funny and fail miserably.How do you know they don't? Also those teams already have an incredibly large season ticket base compared to us. I'm sure they would if they had the availability... Those teams can already guarantee that most if not all their games will sell out... Sox, not so much.... Seriously dude.. Lay out $400 for a UD ozzie plan to get the "opportunity" if it means so damn much to you... I just ran a 1 seat ozzie plan exclusively for the "prime" games which you desire so much and it came out to $306 in upper reserved. If you can't afford that to get your "opportunity" you're just whining for nothing. My guess is you want seats directly behind the dugout for less than face value so this whole exercise is one in futility anyways...

Gavin
02-13-2008, 12:02 AM
there should be a reality TV show where there will only be one t-r-u-e Sox Fan!

at least that's what this thread has inspired me to come up with.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-13-2008, 12:12 AM
How do you know they don't? Also those teams already have an incredibly large season ticket base compared to us. I'm sure they would if they had the availability... Those teams can already guarantee that most if not all their games will sell out... Sox, not so much.... Seriously dude.. Lay out $400 for a UD ozzie plan to get the "opportunity" if it means so damn much to you...

im impressed, that was actually a solid response.
but if you read my first post in this thread i said i dont have a problem getting access to the games i want to go to. i dont access to EVERY game, but im satisfied with the 8-12 games i can attend a year. what sucks is ive only been to one opening day (2005) and 0 cubs/sox games at the cell. i enjoy those games the most. im making the argument for the sake of the father of 2 who cant afford or just simply cant handle season tickets because he has to watch his kids. say he just wants 4 tickets to opening day? or 4 decent, lower level tickets to any other game, your going to stick your middle finger up to that guy because someone who already has tickets gets the chance to buy extras and sell them for profit or sell them to a buddy (and those who actually use the extras they acquire to take extra people to the game, this argument isn't against you)? so if i want opening day or cubs series tickets for face value i have to now befriend a season ticket holder? lol

brooks boyer has been great so far but if this was his idea then i guess it just proves that not everyone is perfect.

Scottiehaswheels
02-13-2008, 12:30 AM
but if you read my first post in this thread i said i dont have a problem getting access to the games i want to go to. i dont access to EVERY game, but im satisfied with the 8-12 games i can attend a year. what sucks is ive only been to one opening day (2005) and 0 cubs/sox games at the cell. i enjoy those games the most. im making the argument for the sake of the father of 2 who cant afford or just simply cant handle season tickets because he has to watch his kids. say he just wants 4 tickets to opening day? or 4 decent, lower level tickets to any other game, your going to stick your middle finger up to that guy because someone who already has tickets gets the chance to buy extras and sell them for profit or sell them to a buddy? so if i want opening day or cubs series tickets for face value i have to now befriend a season ticket holder? lol

brooks boyer has been great so far but if this was his idea then i guess it just proves that not everyone is perfect.Cubs/Sox I'm sorry to say is not for families. I went once at each ballpark. I now sell my tix to those games as it is typically not a family affair type event, I'm sorry to say. And if the guy is just going to go to 1 game a year and a game that will obviously sell out with or without him, why should he entitled to the same opportunity as the guy laying out 5+ thousand $ a year on the team? It's a known perk of having season tickets so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

They call those games prime/premier for a reason. They are typically sellouts and would probably sellout many times over if the opportunity were there. It's simple supply and demand. And no you don't have to buddy up with a season ticket holder (which I think your attitude on this thread would preclude with anyone reading), become one. You can still get Ozzie plans with those games included. 2 seats together would run $600 in the upper reserved.

No you're not going to get the best seats but the lower bowl is pretty much sold out by the time this presale kicks off for those games anyways. I really don't see why this is such an issue. Buy the Ozzie plan early in the year and you can get lower bowl seats for those games, but you will pay the price for those games. Procrastinate until right before spring training, and yeah you screw yourself on getting decent seats.

BeefyD
02-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Nice to bring it back to Earth, Scottie...

Case in point. My four OD tickets, Sec. 156, Row 21 (hardly "decent" if we're only considering lower bowl) cost $210. For ONE GAME. If you can't afford an Ozzie plan (which usually comes with some sort of OD ticket), you can't afford lowers for OD period.

Can't make it to all the games because you watch your kids (like I do), well, then you sell them or give them to friends.

This thread should be locked.

Nellie_Fox
02-13-2008, 12:45 AM
And lose my post count? thanks but no thanks..You are not your post count. ęDaver.

Scottiehaswheels
02-13-2008, 12:47 AM
You are not your post count. ęDaver.LOL I know, but everyone knows me by this name. Sorry, thought teal was semi-implied. :smile:

Steelrod
02-13-2008, 02:41 AM
LOL I know, but everyone knows me by this name. Sorry, thought teal was semi-implied. :smile:
Maybe what makes OD and premium games special is that irritating people who enjoy complaining about everything won't be there!!!

itsnotrequired
02-13-2008, 07:32 AM
just go to stubhub.com

we can argue back and forth but you can't deny everything im saying. can you honestly sit there and tell me you're not amazed that there currently is already 987 tickets available on stubhub for opening day? after just 1 day of single game tickets going on sale to a select few?

Worst...math...ever...

The only tickets we should care about are the extra tickets that season ticket holders bought during the presale, correct? After all, if they are simply selling their regular tickets, these wouldn't have been available to the public anyway. So here is how it works:

1. Premium Lower Box and Jim Beam Club seats are exclusive to full season ticket holders. No seats in these areas were available to anyone during the presale. Any of these tickets listed for sale on StubHub are people's regular season tickets, not anything they bought during the presale. Shouldn't be counted in the tickets available. I totaled up everything but those areas and I get 774 seats.

2. There was a limit of 4 OD tickets available to each season ticket household. So any listing of more than 4 seats means that person is selling their regular season tickets, not what they got through the presale. Again, we are only concerned with the extras people bought in the presale so these listings should be removed as well. This takes that 774 total down to 432.

3. There were 7 listings that weren't tagged properly so you can't really tell where or what is being sold. I didn't count those.

So even if we assume ALL the 432 seats left for sale are extras people got during the presale, we're still talking about a little over 1% of stadium capacity being available. In reality, many of the 432 seats include people's regular season tickets so more than likely, we're talking about less than 1% of the stadium's seats being sold as tickets people got in the presale. Those 432 tickets represent, what, 150 listings? If we assume there are 10,000 season ticket accounts, we're talking about 2% of season ticket holders offering their extras for sale on StubHub.

How you get this "conservative estimate" of 50% of holders selling their extras is a ****ing mystery. Unless the other 48% are using eBay. Or maybe 12,000 tickets will be available on StubHub come OD.

:rolleyes:

soxfan21
02-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Maybe what makes OD and premium games special is that irritating people who enjoy complaining about everything won't be there!!!
Totally agree with you on this one.

soxfan21
02-13-2008, 09:16 AM
but if you read my first post in this thread i said i dont have a problem getting access to the games i want to go to. i dont access to EVERY game, but im satisfied with the 8-12 games i can attend a year. what sucks is ive only been to one opening day (2005) and 0 cubs/sox games at the cell. i enjoy those games the most. im making the argument for the sake of the father of 2 who cant afford or just simply cant handle season tickets because he has to watch his kids. say he just wants 4 tickets to opening day? or 4 decent, lower level tickets to any other game, your going to stick your middle finger up to that guy because someone who already has tickets gets the chance to buy extras and sell them for profit or sell them to a buddy (and those who actually use the extras they acquire to take extra people to the game, this argument isn't against you)? so if i want opening day or cubs series tickets for face value i have to now befriend a season ticket holder? lol

brooks boyer has been great so far but if this was his idea then i guess it just proves that not everyone is perfect.

If you want tickets in the lower deck so badly for Opening Day, or cubs/Sox then why don't you go on stub hub or ebay to get them. I know stub hub sometimes rapes you when it comes to prices, but there are codes to bring these prices down, and ebay sometimes has some deals on some tickets. You might be able to get one close to or a little bit above face value. If you don't like this then wait til Opening Day or the cubs/Sox game dates are closer and the Sox usually release tickets to these games through ticketmaster, or even at the box office.

Garland_IS_God
02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Maybe I read it wrong but 4 tix limit for the Cub games...what about for Opening Day?

itsnotrequired
02-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Maybe I read it wrong but 4 tix limit for the Cub games...what about for Opening Day?

Yep, same deal (for the Monday sale anyway).

Foulke You
02-13-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm thinking about a last minute sign up for Sox Pride to get the pre-sale info. Is it too late at this point? Would I not even get the email code because I've dragged my feet too long or do they send it instantly?:?:

Cat Thief
02-13-2008, 11:03 AM
The Sox Pride presale password they sent me is not working.

Pretty funny.

KenBerryGrab
02-13-2008, 11:10 AM
The Sox Pride presale password they sent me is not working.

Pretty funny.

Mine worked fine. Are you trying for the Cub series or opening day? They're sold out.

WhiffleBall
02-13-2008, 11:13 AM
I guess I auto renewed my sox pride membership because I got the password and it worked. Only UD far down the lines available for OD and no cubs tickets (did not try for singles). Decent upper deck behind home plate (about half way back) back for Elvis night and the Boston games. I would imagine that this type of availability will be the same on Friday.

If I needed tickets I would not even bother with any of these presales or the regular online sale and just head to the ballpark on Saturday. No ticketmaster fees and I would not be surprised if there were better seats offered directly at the boxoffice (although I have no proof of this).

MinnySoxFan
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
I checked the saturday tickets, best avail at the time was sec 103 seats (Single though)...pretty decent. I grabbed 80's night, mullet night, and the july 22nd game with the Rangers tix. All of those are in the bleachers. Since sitting by the foul pole would be irrating for me.

russ99
02-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Got my Pride Club pre-sale purchasing done and I'm happy with my seats. :D:

KenBerryGrab
02-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm all over some half-price Mondays. It's hard to get a family of four to the park and still eat!

EddieStickney
02-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I got my 4 for Opening Day, even though they are UD, I'm happy!

sox1970
02-13-2008, 03:08 PM
I got my 4 for Opening Day, even though they are UD, I'm happy!

Agreed. Me too. Opening Day is all about tailgating anyway. Now we wait and hope it's at least 60 degrees.

jabrch
02-13-2008, 04:17 PM

It has been this way for longer than Brooks is here.

MCHSoxFan
02-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh sorry.. thought you were a guy... and I was talking about bafiarocks, the infrequent poster here as of late....

I am a MAN! I was just saying I am freindly with them. :D:

jenn2080
02-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Hell YEEESSS!!! My grandmother spends thousands of $$$$ every year since 2002 for our season tickets. We go to the game together. You wanna know something?!?! My father, my father's father, and my brother are HUGE White Sox fans, too and they want to be a part of the Opening Day festivities. Damn, we just spent $7,000 on two tickets. I think we should have first crack. My family has loved the White Sox since they began. My grandpa's brother and cousin were Sox batboys. WE JUST LOVE THE WHITE SOX!!! Also, if you really want to go to OD, Crosstown games, go to SubHub and pay exta, cause that an't gonna equal what we paid as ST Holders. We are going to see KC, BAL, TB...and yes, OD C**s, NYY, BOS, and the promo nights. We paid for em, right?!?!
:angry::angry::angry:

I am real fan and I refuse to sit in the upper deck past row 7 and will only site between first and third

sox1970
02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
I am real fan and I refuse to sit in the upper deck past row 7 and will only site between first and third

Seat snob.

I think anywhere between 1st and 3rd is an acceptable view, even if it's the top row. The last three or four sections past the 10th row, I'd rather be home.

kobo
02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
My Dad and I went to every Opening Day from 1999-2005. It was really cool and I looked forward to it every year. Guess what happened in 2006, the one Opening Day every Sox fan wanted to be a part of? We were at home watching the game. We tried to get tickets when they went on sale to the public but had no luck. While I was disappointed I also understood that it's the nature of the business these days. Season Ticket holders should get perks when it comes to tickets, or parking, or special events, that is part of being a season ticket holder. It's not fair to everyone else, but if you really want to go to a game, then pony up the cash and buy tickets off ebay or stub hub. Last year I spent $125 for an OD ticket and sat in the fan deck and drank for free and had free food before and during the game. The game sucked but I had a blast and I was able to go to OD. This year I am trying to buy tickets in a suite for OD for my Dad, myself and one of his buddies. The tickets are over $100, but it's worth it.

Bottom line is, if you really want to go to a particular game and can't get tickets at face value then bite the bullet and pay the extra cash. Complaining about a perk a ST holder receives for helping to finance the team throughout the season seems like a waste to me.

DoItForDanPasqua
02-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Now we wait and hope it's at least 60 degrees.

Now that's asking a lot. Next thing you're going to want them to win.

Herbal
02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
why dont the cubs offer this to their ST holders? or the yankees? or the red sox? better yet, dont answer that because im sure ull make up something that u think is creative and/or funny and fail miserably.

Actually, the Cubs did offer a pre-sale to their season ticket holders until a couple of years ago. My brother-in-law got a letter telling him they were discontinuing the pre-sales literally within a week of MLB or whoever saying it was okay for the Tribune Corp to own their own ticket scalping business. Coincidence?

ksimpson14
02-13-2008, 09:32 PM
I am a real coward when it comes to height, and was scared about the upper deck after about Row 3, until I actually tried the higher rows, I sat in one of the last rows in the corners, great view, I was shocked at how overrated the criticism is

thegooch
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Actually, the Cubs did offer a pre-sale to their season ticket holders until a couple of years ago. My brother-in-law got a letter telling him they were discontinuing the pre-sales literally within a week of MLB or whoever saying it was okay for the Tribune Corp to own their own ticket scalping business. Coincidence?

The Cubs actually offered a 9 game package to all season ticket holders(including those with the nights and weekends plan) as well as those on the season ticket waiting list and those registered at Cubs.com. They offered that this year.

Sad
02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
The Cubs actually offered a 9 game package to all season ticket holders(including those with the nights and weekends plan) as well as those on the season ticket waiting list and those registered at Cubs.com. They offered that this year.

I checked that out... you had to buy 4 April games and a 5th before May 16... :rolleyes:

Foulke You
02-14-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the Sox/Cubs series is now officially sold out. When you click on one of the crosstown games it doesn't even take you to a ticketing page anymore. It goes right to a special ad for "The Battle of Chicago" and how you can still go if you buy the ticket packages. I thought they were holding back some tickets for each of the pre-sales? I guess not...:(:

thedudeabides
02-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I never got the e-mail with the password. Anyone else?

twentywontowin
02-14-2008, 11:11 AM

Pre-sale code is "FAN".

I apologize if this is against the rules.

twentywontowin
02-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Also a heads-up, no Club level available in quantity of two for any of the games.

jamteh
02-14-2008, 11:43 AM

Not to hijack, but for some reason MLB deleted my account, so I had to reregister. Did this happen to anyone else?

thedudeabides
02-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Not to hijack, but for some reason MLB deleted my account, so I had to reregister. Did this happen to anyone else?

Maybe, that's what happened to me. I'll just reregister.

Thanks for the code.

Jason82807
02-14-2008, 11:49 AM

Many Sox Pride Club members did not get their password yesterday. However, I got mine and I posted it on the SPC message boards. MLB.com really dropped the ball on this one, and the forming of a lynch mob for Brooks Boyer was barely averted.

KenBerryGrab
02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Many Sox Pride Club members did not get their password yesterday. However, I got mine and I posted it on the SPC message boards. MLB.com really dropped the ball on this one, and the forming of a lynch mob for Brooks Boyer was barely averted.

That's too bad. Did anyone notice the passwords -- including the one today for the .com sale -- are identical to last year's?

soxfan21
02-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah, that stupidspc member was really getting annoying with his posts on that board.

gobears1987
02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I got my Opening Day tickets in 557 row 20. The seats seem bad, but I sat there for a game in 05 against the Mariners and found that the corner of the UD isn't so bad.

assrevolution
02-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I was able to buy tickets through yesterday's pre-sale by guessing the password on the first try. Since passwords have been pretty lame/obvious in the past I figure I'd give it a shot. They must not care about who gets in when as long as they sell seats.

I was supposed to have access to the pre-sale today but never got an email. Glad I bought yesterday!

NoNeckEra
02-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I got my Opening Day tickets in 557 row 20. The seats seem bad, but I sat there for a game in 05 against the Mariners and found that the corner of the UD isn't so bad.
Way to put a positive spin on the worst seats in the house.

cheezheadsoxfan
02-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I am a real coward when it comes to height, and was scared about the upper deck after about Row 3, until I actually tried the higher rows, I sat in one of the last rows in the corners, great view, I was shocked at how overrated the criticism is

Glad to hear you say that. I've never been in the upper deck, hate heights like you, but I wanted to take my daughter to OD, she's never been, so I bit the bullet. I'm all excited.

soxfanreggie
02-14-2008, 03:34 PM
One of the worst ticketing situations EVER, at least in my personal experience. Their support is absolutely no help. I give them credit for at least an effort, but they kept telling me and a friend the wrong info. after our passcodes were never e-mailed to us. Thanks to WSI.com, we got the passcodes and were able to get tickets.

Internet only pre-sales are not the best option. There should at least be a fall-back for problem orders.

Garland_IS_God
02-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I just sucked it up and bought 12 Upper Deck tix off StubHub. I was nervous I wouldn't find 12 tix together 2maro when they go onsale, so I spent more than I wanted to. Oh well though, I'm looking forward to tailgating and the ice cold beer!

manders_01
02-15-2008, 01:21 AM
****!!! I got so involved in other crap today that I totally forgot to buy tickets! Oh well, I'm guessing the Rockies series isn't going to sell out any time too soon. :redneck

ksimpson14
02-15-2008, 02:53 AM
Glad to hear you say that. I've never been in the upper deck, hate heights like you, but I wanted to take my daughter to OD, she's never been, so I bit the bullet. I'm all excited.

It's all mental, I didn't like going up all the rows just walking to my seat, but I just did it all in one swoop, there was like a second or two adjustment period as I sat, mainly because of my worries, and it seems high up and inclined, but when you do that, you realize it's not like you're going to freefall or anything, you've actually got a real good view, it's not bad at all etc. The added little roof (or whatever they call it) helps too. I would suggest getting there early and just testing it out

UD is now my favorite area to sit.

ksimpson14
02-15-2008, 02:54 AM
****!!! I got so involved in other crap today that I totally forgot to buy tickets! Oh well, I'm guessing the Rockies series isn't going to sell out any time too soon. :redneck

Yeah, I completely forgot too, I'll be honest though, I've been to a lot of Sox games these past years, and I don't think I've used Ticketmaster in years (maybe the box office once or twice), there really are good deals on sites like StubHub and Ebay (all timing)

Sad
02-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh well, I'm guessing the Rockies series isn't going to sell out any time too soon. :redneck

I got front row, aisle upper-deck for that Sat night game :bandance:

assrevolution
02-15-2008, 10:03 AM
It's all mental, I didn't like going up all the rows just walking to my seat, but I just did it all in one swoop, there was like a second or two adjustment period as I sat, mainly because of my worries, and it seems high up and inclined, but when you do that, you realize it's not like you're going to freefall or anything, you've actually got a real good view, it's not bad at all etc. The added little roof (or whatever they call it) helps too. I would suggest getting there early and just testing it out

UD is now my favorite area to sit.

I used to sit the UD all the time up until the past few years. I don't know why I feel differently now, but the last few times I've been up there I've felt dizzy (and no, not from the beer). That along with being excluded from everything the LD has to offer makes the UD very undesirable. It's not like they're giving those seats away either pricewise. I sat there for the '05 ALCS since those were the only seats I could get, and of course I'd do it all over again..