PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready for 2008

ChiSoxLifer
02-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I just bought some spring training tickets for the cubs/Sox game in Arizona. I don't know about you guys but I'm excited for the upcoming season. I know this team isn't perfect but heck, it's the White Sox! I can't wait to see how this year's acquisitions pan out, Josh Fields' development into hopefully a superstar, Gavin Floyd become the pitcher we hope him to be, and if all goes well, a championship. If not, well, they're still my team and I'll have this same feeling next spring just as I've felt every year for over 30 years.

btrain929
02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I'll be down there from Mar 12-17, and I have tickets for the Cubs/Sox game on Mar 15th. I don't feel were too far away from competing with Det and Cle. They both have their question marks as well, and that's why we play the games. Our season is going to be defined by the amount of consistency we have:

Consistency with:
-Danks limiting his pitch count so he can give us 6 innings every start
-Floyd throwing his curveball in/close enough to the strike zone to get outs
-Contreras getting ahead and staying in the right arm slot (over the top)
-Owens playing like he did during his 2nd call-up
-Linebrink, like he showed in his whole career minus last year

None of these things are completely impossible or far-fetched. The more consistency we get in these areas, the closer to the top of the division we'll be.

gogosox16
02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I just bought some spring training tickets for the cubs/Sox game in Arizona. I don't know about you guys but I'm excited for the upcoming season. I know this team isn't perfect but heck, it's the White Sox! I can't wait to see how this year's acquisitions pan out, Josh Fields' development into hopefully a superstar, Gavin Floyd become the pitcher we hope him to be, and if all goes well, a championship. If not, well, they're still my team and I'll have this same feeling next spring just as I've felt every year for over 30 years.
This is one of the very few post talking about the upcoming year that is not really questioning what they did, but are excited to see what they do.

soxfan21
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I just can't wait to see what this lineup can do for us, and how well Swisher fits into the mix on the South Side. Can't wait to see how good Danks is in his sophomore season. I really can't wait to see how well most of our veterans comeback from a below par season. Also, I can't wait for the season tickets to come in the mail in early March. When that happens I know it will be like Christmas for me and many others :D:.

MCHSoxFan
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Also, I can't wait for the season tickets to come in the mail in early March. When that happens I know it will be like Christmas for me and many others :D:.

YEEEESSSS!!!! :D:

I even asked them if I could pick them up at the field just so I could walk on over there and get inside!

That reminds me. I was in the 200/300 level last Monday. I could barley see the field with all of the fog in Bridgeport. It took me 25 minutes to walkl there with the fog/snow when it takes me <or=5 to walk on a gameday!

areilly
02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I have problems with the specifics of a lot of KW's moves this winter, am not looking forward to a battle for third place, and have zero confidence in most of this team's pitching.

That said, there's nothing quite like the start of baseball season. I'm right there with you.

kaufsox
02-07-2008, 11:39 PM
"For, lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of the singing of birds is come,
And the voice of the turtle is heard in our land"
Song of Solomon: 2 vs. 11-12

I know Ernie Harwell doesn't say it anymore, but just reading it gets me ready for baseball.

Dub25
02-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Something about Swisher joining team has me really excited about this year. I think his numbers are going to take off at the Cell. Although, Gavin Floyd still makes me keep the barf bag close by.

moochpuppy
02-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Consistency with:
-Danks limiting his pitch count so he can give us 6 innings every start
-Floyd throwing his curveball in/close enough to the strike zone to get outs
-Contreras getting ahead and staying in the right arm slot (over the top)
-Owens playing like he did during his 2nd call-up
-Linebrink, like he showed in his whole career minus last year

Konerko and Dye getting their average back up about 30 to 40 points.

voodoochile
02-08-2008, 08:36 AM
"For, lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of the singing of birds is come,
And the voice of the turtle is heard in our land"
Song of Solomon: 2 vs. 11-12

I know Ernie Harwell doesn't say it anymore, but just reading it gets me ready for baseball.

You cracking on Paulie's speed? :tongue:

I think Tom Lehrer said it best:

Spring is here, a-suh-puh-ring is here.
Life is skittles and life is beer.
I think the loveliest time of the year is the spring.
I do, don't you? 'Course you do.
But there's one thing that makes spring complete for me,
And makes ev'ry Sunday a treat for me.

All the world seems in tune
On a spring afternoon,
When we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Ev'ry Sunday you'll see
My sweetheart and me,
As we poison the pigeons in the park.

A hearty WOOHOO! to this thread.

Medford Bobby
02-08-2008, 08:48 AM
:cool:Tell me about spring fever, with temps close to 80 this weekend in Tucson, I'm ready for the first pitch RIGHT NOW!:wink:

I have not picked up any tix yet, but planning to attend the first Saturday game.:D:

MeteorsSox4367
02-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Picked up my first baseball preview from the newsstand. Lindy's, which has Bobby Jenks on the cover, predicts the Sox will finish third in the AL Central.

I haven't had the chance to read the magazine fully yet, but just the idea of baseball magazines hitting the newsstands means the season isn't far off and that makes the snow and icy sidewalks a helluva lot more tolerable.

skottyj242
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I've been ready for a bit now. I got excited when I saw the as in the paper for individual game tickets last week. Then one where Southpaw saw his shadow. Great ad if you ask me.