PDA

View Full Version : Starting pitcher targeted

Melido Perez
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
my sources tell me that the ChiSox have been monitoring Kris Benson, former Oriole and Met. Or maybe you know him from his more famous wife Anna. He would be a #4 or #5 starter in the 08 rotation. He can be had for low $ since he is coming off arm trouble.

batmanZoSo
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Noted.

gr8mexico
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
my sources tell me that the ChiSox have been monitoring Kris Benson, former Oriole and Met. Or maybe you know him from his more famous wife Anna. He would be a #4 or #5 starter in the 08 rotation. He can be had for low $ since he is coming off arm trouble.
Melido please be more specific about your source? Especially when this is your 1st post

Melido Perez
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
is one Terry Boers of WSCR 670 AM.

btrain929
02-07-2008, 06:09 PM

Bold 1: Probably more than half the teams in the league have been monitoring him.

Bold 2: He damn sure wouldn't be in our #1-3 spots, so he'd obviously be a #4 or 5 starter.

I'm sorry was this supposed to be news to us?

chisoxmike
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Is your source named Tony?

chisoxmike
02-07-2008, 06:11 PM

:rolling: :rolling:

Melido Perez
02-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I know he's no Javier Vasquez, a guy who has never reached his potential. Actually, I guess he would fit into that category. Two guys who have made a whole lot of money with average results at best.

CLR01
02-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Is your source named Tony?

Tony doesn't do rumors.

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/grinder.jpg

gogosox16
02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
So who is your source?

The Dude
02-07-2008, 06:43 PM
So who is your source?

Danny B'Stein!:gulp:

Brian26
02-07-2008, 06:44 PM
my sources tell me that the ChiSox have been monitoring Kris Benson, former Oriole and Met. Or maybe you know him from his more famous wife Anna.

I know him from the Pirates.

He would be a #4 or #5 starter in the 08 rotation. He can be had for low $ since he is coming off arm trouble.

He can be had for low money because he sucks.

gogosox16
02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
He can be had for low money because he sucks.
Hey don't affend him, we never know what Anna Benson will end up doing.

gobears1987
02-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Tony doesn't do rumors.

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/grinder.jpgOur pen dissolved as soon as we stopped using Tony last year.

SOXPHILE
02-08-2008, 10:53 AM

I thought Terry didn't have sources, he had "Peeps", or "his guy".

Usually, AFTER something happens in sports, T.Diddly informs us that he knew about it all along, because his Peeps told him so, but he couldn't tell us at the time. Rarely does he make some sort of prediction before hand that comes true.

FedEx227
02-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I know he's no Javier Vasquez, a guy who has never reached his potential. Actually, I guess he would fit into that category. Two guys who have made a whole lot of money with average results at best.

What does Javier Vasquez do for a living? Insurance? Good to hear he's making some good money.

We have Javier Vazquez, he's pretty good I'd say.

spiffie
02-08-2008, 11:24 AM
What does Javier Vasquez do for a living? Insurance? Good to hear he's making some good money.

We have Javier Vazquez, he's pretty good I'd say.
Javier Vasquez is an interesting Mexican artist. http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/pclee/pcjazzamoart.html

Javier Vazquez is an extremely inconsistent pitcher who can be depended on to pitch 200 innings with an ERA between 3.50 and 5.50 depending on if he liked his eggs in the morning.

gr8mexico
02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Javier Vasquez is an interesting Mexican artist. http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/pclee/pcjazzamoart.html

Javier Vazquez is an extremely inconsistent pitcher who can be depended on to pitch 200 innings with an ERA between 3.50 and 5.50 depending on if he liked his eggs in the morning.
No he's talking about the jujitsu fighter Javier Vasquez :D:
http://revver.com/video/255855/javier-vasquez-blue-belt-match/

FedEx227
02-08-2008, 11:43 AM

Do you mean Dr. Javier Vasquez?

http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/drs/texas/vascular_surgeons/Vasquez_Javier.html

munchman33
02-08-2008, 11:55 AM
I remember Benson when he came up. Man he was incredible.

His arm isn't what it was back then. He isn't a headcase.

russ99
02-08-2008, 12:29 PM
I remember Benson when he came up. Man he was incredible.

His arm isn't what it was back then. He isn't a headcase.

But imagine Anna Benson vs. Ozzie Guillen! Man that would be insane. Mariotti's head would explode.

I don't see it happening. Kenny's going with what he has or we would have gotten a better option then Benson or Colon by now.

I think he's going to see how things pan out and if 3-5 look a little shaky, maybe add a starter by dealing Crede, if that eventually happens.

jdm2662
02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
The day people should take Terry Boars seriously is the day I become an NFL Head Coach. The guy is a dope and his sports knowledge is worse than my aunt who doesn't know what a yellow flag is in football.

And Melido, if you are going to continue to post here, please post names from your "sources" the first time you report something. I take "sources" even less seriously than Terry Boars.

Hell, anyone can throw a "sources" story out there. I heard from a "source" the Sox are in talks of trading for ARod. Now, I can't tell you who told me, but it's a relible "source". There, I just started a rumor!

soxinem1
02-08-2008, 12:55 PM

Maybe Melido Perez himself should audition for the four or five spot!:smile:

Gammons Peter
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I love how he says "my source tells me" hours after Terry Boers told the thousands of people who were listening to the radio.

Newsflash to Melido:
The voices that come out of the radio are not talking to you personally...

PatK
02-08-2008, 01:38 PM

I believe javy retired and just teaches now

SOXPHILE
02-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I love how he says "my source tells me" hours after Terry Boers told the thousands of people who were listening to the radio.

Newsflash to Melido:

That's funny, because that's exactly like something Terry Boers did last year. A day or two AFTER it had been reported several times on ESPN that during a Cubs players only meeting in May,- when they were wallowing under .500, - that one of the Cubs players, possibly Michael Barret, indicated he didn't like playing for Lou Pinella, and this was leading to friction in the clubhouse. TB comes on the air later that week and lets us know that he has some exclusive inside info he learned from "his guy", and proceeds to bascially repeat the same story, with no mention of the fact that it had been a public story for the last couple of days.

Tekijawa
02-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Pretty sure Anna and Kris were divorced long ago... so there is really no benefit to having him on our team...

Ooops... looks like she ended up backing out... My bad... Bring him and and pitch him out of the bullpen. So I can sit by her all season!

cws05champ
02-08-2008, 02:51 PM

Newsflash to Melido:
Except when it's Smokey the Bear. " Only YOU can prevent forest fires".

WhiteSox5187
02-08-2008, 03:37 PM

Newsflash to Melido:
What if the voices are not coming out of the radio, but say, a lamp? Are they talking to me personally then?

Lip Man 1
02-08-2008, 04:34 PM
There was a recent mention in the print edition of The Sporting News that talked about Benson and mentioned the White Sox as five clubs that could be interested in him.

The story said that Benson was planning to sign a deal in the first ten days of February.

Lip

Gammons Peter
02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
My sources say he will be a Philly

Foulke You
02-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm all for bolstering the starting rotation. Benson isn't exactly lights out but he could eat some innings and possibly go 10W-10L for us. He has been very injury prone though so I would hope any possible contract offer would be incentive laden.

kittle42
02-08-2008, 05:50 PM
My sources say he will be a Philly

Well played. Terry Boers?

sox1970
02-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Benson is close to signing with the Phillies.

kittle42
02-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Benson is close to signing with the Phillies.

Benson was a good show.

Chrisaway
02-13-2008, 04:01 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080213&content_id=2371923&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

We can go ahead and shoot this one dead.

Gammons Peter
02-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Looks like I win

Lip Man 1
02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Very few guys left out there now, Colon and Weaver are the only ones I can think of. Still hope Kenny can get one to sign on the dotted line. It's worth a chance when you are counting on Gavin "Deer In The Headlights" Floyd.

Lip

sullythered
02-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Very few guys left out there now, Colon and Weaver are the only ones I can think of. Still hope Kenny can get one to sign on the dotted line. It's worth a chance when you are counting on Gavin "Deer In The Headlights" Floyd.

Lip
I actually thought we would go the trade route for the last starter, even if it is a reclamation project.

PalehosePlanet
02-13-2008, 10:58 PM
I actually thought we would go the trade route for the last starter, even if it is a reclamation project.

We still might go this route w/Crede as the bait. Noah Lowery has been mentioned in rumors for a while now. Personally I'd rather go in this direction than an FA.

Lip Man 1
02-13-2008, 11:44 PM
This week in The Sporting News they state that the Giants will be the top suitor for Crede if he can show he's healthy in spring training. They say the Giants have a number of major league ready pitchers.

Lip