PDA

View Full Version : Extra Innings

CLR01
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Anyone see any pricing for this year yet?

champagne030
02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Anyone see any pricing for this year yet?

There's an early bird (by 4/6) special of $179 on Direct. An extra $50 to get the HD/SuperFan package.

CLR01
02-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Did the price not go up from last year?

What's he superfan package? The multi game channel and a few HD?

Kogs35
02-07-2008, 08:28 PM
from dbsforums

$169 for renewals
$179 for newbies
$50 for superfan - HD/Srike Zone Channel

roylestillman
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
When does Comcast start taking orders. Do they show any spring Training games?

champagne030
02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Did the price not go up from last year?

According to their website, no.

What's he superfan package? The multi game channel and a few HD?

Yes.

ksimpson14
02-07-2008, 10:33 PM
When does Comcast start taking orders. Do they show any spring Training games?

No the ST part (at least not in the past). ESPN shows some though

MeteorsSox4367
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Last season was the first one that I had the Extra Innings package and it was well worth it. On the days when the Sox aren't playing or even between innings, just to flip around and watch other games was cool.

Sure, there's something nerdy about staying home on a Saturday night to watch the Nationals and Pirates, but if you love baseball, Extra Innings is excellent.

DSpivack
02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Last season was the first one that I had the Extra Innings package and it was well worth it. On the days when the Sox aren't playing or even between innings, just to flip around and watch other games was cool.

Sure, there's something nerdy about staying home on a Saturday night to watch the Nationals and Pirates, but if you love baseball, Extra Innings is excellent.

I would have never before thought of getting it, but am considering now with a new cable package March 1. That said, I've always bought MLB.tv, so it's basically the same idea, except without having to worry about bandwith, being connected and what not.

I assume the regular $179 is all in SD? So if I want to see any games in HD I'd have to get the Superfan package?

VenturaFan23
02-08-2008, 11:03 AM
This will be the first time I will be able to get Extra Innings, so I'm pretty excited about it. Looks like I'll be paying $50 extra for the HD games though. So not every game will be availalbe in HD?

SaltyPretzel
02-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I didn't get it last year since I pretty much go to every Sox game, so I could only see half the games anyway. But if they come out with Slingbox software for my Blackberry, I'll definately get it so I could follow other games while at the Cell.

Chicken Dinner
03-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Looks like the official announcement is out for DTV. InDemand doesn't have much except for the Free Preview.

http://www.directstartv.com/directv_programming/directv_mlb_extra_innings.html

http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/index.jsp

Lip Man 1
03-18-2008, 01:57 PM
If you get the regional sports channels via satellite (for example anything from Fox Sports Bay Area, to Fox Sports Southwest to Sports South to Mid Atlantic Sports Newtork) all the spring training games have been broadcast in the clear and not blacked out. (I get mine through DirecTV and pay about five bucks a month for the regional sports channels package.)

This is part of the promotion that leads to the first week of the games on Extra Innings being free and unscrambled.

They also do this the first week of games right after the All Star Break.

Lip

asg2003ws2005
03-18-2008, 02:06 PM
If you get the regional sports channels via satellite (for example anything from Fox Sports Bay Area, to Fox Sports Southwest to Sports South to Mid Atlantic Sports Newtork) all the spring training games have been broadcast in the clear and not blacked out. (I get mine through DirecTV and pay about five bucks a month for the regional sports channels package.)

This is part of the promotion that leads to the first week of the games on Extra Innings being free and unscrambled.

Lip
MLB.TV also offers ST games without blackouts.

DSpivack
03-18-2008, 07:06 PM

Lip

I did not know this; I get a bunch of regional Fox networks on my digital package, though no CSN ones (probably since I have RCN not Comcast, I'm guessing).

03-30-2008, 11:01 PM
I live in Wisconsin (about 45 minutes east of Minneapolis/ St. Paul) and Charter Communications says that Extra Innings in "not available" in my area. It is available in Madison and Minneapolis/ St. Paul. What the heck? Anyone else have this problem? They even promote the package on their website! This sucks.

Nellie_Fox
03-31-2008, 01:37 AM
I live in Wisconsin (about 45 minutes east of Minneapolis/ St. Paul) and Charter Communications says that Extra Innings in "not available" in my area. It is available in Madison and Minneapolis/ St. Paul. What the heck? Anyone else have this problem? They even promote the package on their website! This sucks.This is the first year that Charter has it available in Mankato. I'm signed up and looking forward to it.

I would suggest calling them back, however. The first couple of people my wife talked to didn't seem to have a clue, then she finally got someone who knew how to set it up.

angiew
03-31-2008, 09:06 AM
I couldn't live without Extra Innings and my DVR.....her in Oklahoma that's the only way to watch The Sox. Unless you want to rely on the few games televised by WGN. I'm just trying to decide if I want to pay the extra for HD.

JohnTucker0814
03-31-2008, 11:10 AM
I couldn't live without Extra Innings and my DVR.....her in Oklahoma that's the only way to watch The Sox. Unless you want to rely on the few games televised by WGN. I'm just trying to decide if I want to pay the extra for HD.

I paid the extra for the HD package... I figured I spent a lot of money on my nice HD Flat Panel TV, I damn well better use the HD feature whenever possible! :D:

Law11
03-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Im outta luck this year. The price I paid for ditching comcast..
Dish is still working on a deal.