PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating in Oakland Saturday

ode to veeck
04-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Who among the Bay Area WSI-ers are going to this weekend's games at the Collesium? West and I will be there Fri night and Sat. Getting there early Friday will be tough, but West & I should be able to get parked & be ready to tailgate with our "Hell Yea" WSI t-shirts on by 11 or so on Sat. It ought to be fun to torture the Hudson bobblehead dolls after the game too.

ticket links from the official A's email I got today, if you don't have em yet. Let me know if you're yet to buy tix as my step-son's looking for Sox fans to get tix with (he's about as rabid a Sox fan as there is):

The Chicago White Sox come in to face the A's this Friday,
Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is Tim Hudson bobblehead day
and Sunday the first 10,000 fans get an A's sports watch.

For A's tickets click here: http://lists.mlb.com/u/2892/7914042

(I got some tix directly from the A's a week or two ago and was able to get at least one set of MVP infield seats in row 10 or so--probably not quite as good seats still available)

FarWestChicago
04-24-2002, 12:23 PM
So far it looks like it's just you and me, Ode. Hey, more beer and food for us! :smile:

RedPinStripes
04-24-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
So far it looks like it's just you and me, Ode. Hey, more beer and food for us! :smile:

i doubt I'll make it. :D:

sox_fan_4life
04-24-2002, 01:07 PM

A 6000 mile round trip would be hard to explain to my wife.

FarWestChicago
04-24-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

i doubt I'll make it. :D:
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life

A 6000 mile round trip would be hard to explain to my wife. The last time I looked, there were a few WSI members out here other than me and Ode. Believe it or not, there are people who don't live in Florida or Chicago. :smile:

sox_fan_4life
04-24-2002, 01:23 PM

The last time I looked, there were a few WSI members out here other than me and Ode. Believe it or not, there are people who don't live in Florida or Chicago. :smile:

Really? And they still count? :D:

Iwritecode
04-24-2002, 02:38 PM
The last time I looked, there were a few WSI members out here other than me and Ode. Believe it or not, there are people who don't live in Florida or Chicago. :smile:

I don't live in Florida or Chicago...

:)

ode to veeck
04-24-2002, 02:51 PM
A 6000 mile round trip would be hard to explain to my wife

its a small price to pay ...

sox_fan_4life
04-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck

its a small price to pay ...

Great, so after you pay the small price you will be sending me the plane tickets? :smile:

ode to veeck
04-24-2002, 03:02 PM
I thought the plane tickets was the easier part of your problem :smile:

Soxheads
04-24-2002, 03:52 PM

God, I would know........

When you write the word Sox in Iowa, they tell you that you've spelled it wrong.

ode to veeck
04-24-2002, 04:16 PM
Soxheads, whats up with the tennis sig? (I'm a tennis junkie)

Jerry_Manuel
04-24-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Soxheads, whats up with the tennis sig? (I'm a tennis junkie)

He's on his school's tennis team. So he's here to promote himself and the team.

FoulkeTheIndians
04-24-2002, 04:38 PM
hey Veeck and West,

I've already got tickets to Sunday's game in Oakland. I'm goin with a few friends from school. Sucks that we're all going on different days, but at least there will be WSI representation at every game of the series.

And if you do end up going Sunday, maybe we can tailgate then or somethin.

ode to veeck
04-24-2002, 04:56 PM
West, you and Joe could go on Sunday and link up (if you're not burned out on Sox wins at that point ;-), but I've got to give a tutorial to a room full of test propellerheads at VTS in Monterey all day--if you go early you get a free As wristwatch to deface in effigy after the Sox sweep--there were still decent seats avail last time I checked--and not too expensive either, face value on our MVP seats was like 26 bucks, nice to have a stadium in oakland :smile: