PDA

View Full Version : Parking next year

roylestillman
02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Just got an email from my rep offering Seaon Parking for $16 per game. "A disount of $6 off the regular price." In other words day of game parking is up to $22. Red line is looking like more of a bargain.

MCHSoxFan
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Just got an email from my rep offering Seaon Parking for $16 per game. "A disount of $6 off the regular price." In other words day of game parking is up to $22. Red line is looking like more of a bargain.

Just wondering, what lots?

A/B/C/G or E/F/L?

MY 700TH POST!!!

itsnotrequired
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Just wondering, what lots?

A/B/C/G or E/F/L?

MY 700TH POST!!!

I would have to imagine it is Green parking.

MCHSoxFan
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I would have to imagine it is Green parking.

Most likely. However, with people not getting ST agin and people, more this year than ever, taking public tans, it could be red.

batmanZoSo
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
16 a game...that's too much. I'd demand less and threaten to Red Line it. Minimum 50% off is the least they should do for a season tick holder.

Rocky Soprano
02-06-2008, 03:58 PM
$22 to park is beyond nuts!
:angry:

itsnotrequired
02-06-2008, 03:58 PM
16 a game...that's too much. I'd demand less and threaten to Red Line it. Minimum 50% off is the least they should do for a season tick holder.

They should also let you park in the player's lot at least once a year. Or maybe drive JR's car around.

soxfan21
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
I gave in to the $16 deal, because even though it is still a lot, it is better than payin $22 a game. Also, I don't even know why they raised this, this year, when parking was just raised from $18 to $20 in '06 after the "05 season. I guess it is just another pay hike that we have to get use to as time goes on.

batmanZoSo
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
They should also let you park in the player's lot at least once a year. Or maybe drive JR's car around.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all, funny man.

btrain929
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Either way, people will pay it.

itsnotrequired
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all, funny man.

Neither am I, honest Abe.

batmanZoSo
02-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Either way, people will pay it.

I walk to the park now. If I move this summer which is likely, I'll take the train.

ksimpson14
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
No surprise, it was $20 last year, and has been rising every year

Cuck the Fubs
02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I bought it...........

We tailgate before everygame, so we'd be blowing the $22 per game anyhow.

If they are willing to save us $6 a game we'll take it.

The train is much cheaper, but it's pretty hard to roll a grill and a 2 giant coolers onto the L.

batmanZoSo
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
I bought it...........

We tailgate before everygame, so we'd be blowing the $22 per game anyhow.

If they are willing to save us $6 a game we'll take it.

The train is much cheaper, but it's pretty hard to roll a grill and a 2 giant coolers onto the L.

Yeah true. I just mooch off other tailgates though.

If you run your own, yeah, you gotta drive.

EddieStickney
02-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I can't believe they're jacking up the parking again.... but i have to tailgate!

soxfan21
02-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Most likely. However, with people not getting ST agin and people, more this year than ever, taking public tans, it could be red.
I just checked my account, and the $16 parking pass is for green lot parking.

dakuda
02-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I received the email as well. I used to have red lot passes. It just makes better $ sense to take Metra in and then take the Green line. I can go to both games each weekend for the cost of the parking pass to one game. Add to that the cost of fuel driving both ways from the NW suburbs, and the train just makes more sense. I do miss the tailgating. I am sure someone here will need help tailgating. :cool:

IlliniSox4Life
02-06-2008, 10:18 PM
It would be nice if they would have left it at $20. It still seems like too much, but at least it is easier than getting change or counting out singles.

DumpJerry
02-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I bought parking for 2006, but ditched it last year. I found parking on the street more convenient-quicker get away after the game and if I wanted to hang out after the game in the neighborhood, I didn't have to worry about the lot closing on me.

I have never had trouble finding street parking, even during the World Series.

Huisj
02-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Dang, a trip to a game from my home costs a buttload now. With expensive gas and expensive parking and a grad student budget, it's looking like I might have to stick to catching the Sox in Detroit.

chisoxmike
02-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Or you can park on Michigan Ave for free...

batmanZoSo
02-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Or you can park on Michigan Ave for free...

Police station?

chisoxmike
02-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Police station?

What about it? The block that the station is on you can't park on the west side of the street. But a block south is fair game. You can park on the north side of 35th street by the police station for free.

You never know though,I wouldn't put it past the Sox to get the city to put up meters or restricted parking before you know it on Michigan Ave. You used to be able to park on Halsted on a meter because they used to end at 6 or 7pm. Recently the meters were changed to be fed until 9pm.

batmanZoSo
02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
What about it? The block that the station is on you can't park on the west side of the street. But a block south is fair game. You can park on the north side of 35th street by the police station for free.

Nice. This summer I won't be by the park so I'll use this for sure.

DumpJerry
02-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Dang, a trip to a game from my home costs a buttload now. With expensive gas and expensive parking and a grad student budget, it's looking like I might have to stick to catching the Sox in Detroit.
Why? Just park on the street near a Red Line or Green Line station anywhere in the city and drop $1.75 (or whatever it might cost by then) to get to the game.

I want Mags back
02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Why? Just park on the street near a Red Line or Green Line station anywhere in the city and drop $1.75 (or whatever it might cost by then) to get to the game.

thats what I do. I get off the Ryan at 87th and park in the Jewel lot

Chilli Palmer
02-06-2008, 11:28 PM
That's something I never will have to pay as long as I live here. But seriously if people do not feel like paying I have 2 Guest residential parking permits that I am more than happy to let a fellow Sox fan use, timing is the key! PM only.:D:

batmanZoSo
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
thats what I do. I get off the Ryan at 87th and park in the Jewel lot

Don't even waste the 4 bucks on the train. Park by the police station.

I also have one (1) guest parking pass but I don't like to meet people from the internet, sorry.

Chilli Palmer
02-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Don't even waste the 4 bucks on the train. Park by the police station.

I also have one (1) guest parking pass but I don't like to meet people from the internet, sorry.

:?:

Steelrod
02-07-2008, 03:46 AM
I received the email as well. I used to have red lot passes. It just makes better $ sense to take Metra in and then take the Green line. I can go to both games each weekend for the cost of the parking pass to one game. Add to that the cost of fuel driving both ways from the NW suburbs, and the train just makes more sense. I do miss the tailgating. I am sure someone here will need help tailgating. :cool:
Not if you live nowhere near the Metra!

dcb56
02-07-2008, 04:57 AM

Hell yes, it's ****ing insane. As recently as 2005 they had early bird in lot G for ~$10.

I bought parking for 2006, but ditched it last year. I found parking on the street more convenient-quicker get away after the game and if I wanted to hang out after the game in the neighborhood, I didn't have to worry about the lot closing on me.

I have never had trouble finding street parking, even during the World Series.

There is always parking south of 35th on State. I always park there if not hosting a tailgate.

Sargeant79
02-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Hell yes, it's ****ing insane. As recently as 2005 they had early bird in lot G for ~$10.

There is always parking south of 35th on State. I always park there if not hosting a tailgate.

You can also just about always find free parking on Normal and Wallace south of Pershing. It's about the same distance walk.

itsnotrequired
02-07-2008, 07:55 AM
I can't believe they're jacking up the parking again.... but i have to tailgate!

What is so hard to believe? Over the last several years, everything has gone up: ticket prices, concessions, payroll, etc. Parking is no different.

The price of success, I guess.

:dunno:

SoxFan78
02-07-2008, 08:05 AM
This is the way I look at it. Yeah, parking is expensive even at $16, but the #1 reason why I pay it is for the tailgating. Believe me, if they didnt allow tailgating, I wouldnt be parking there. Bring some beer, grill some food, you end up saving a lot of money by not buying it in the park.

Just the beer alone saves you the money. 12 pack from any grocery store/liqour store at the most is 15 bucks for really, really good beer. 2 of the 18 oz. bottles w/ tip in the park 14-15 bucks.

skottyj242
02-07-2008, 09:49 AM
This is the way I look at it. Yeah, parking is expensive even at $16, but the #1 reason why I pay it is for the tailgating. Believe me, if they didnt allow tailgating, I wouldnt be parking there. Bring some beer, grill some food, you end up saving a lot of money by not buying it in the park.

Just the beer alone saves you the money. 12 pack from any grocery store/liqour store at the most is 15 bucks for really, really good beer. 2 of the 18 oz. bottles w/ tip in the park 14-15 bucks.

You can tailgate at the park? They sell 18oz bottles?

itsnotrequired
02-07-2008, 09:54 AM
You can tailgate at the park? They sell 18oz bottles?

I drive my car through the stands all the time. When questioned, I simply tell them I am from Alsip.

skottyj242
02-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Last year I was in Lot B, just a bunch of gangsters doing some gangster ****, and some mac daddy in a Town Car decided he didn't want to pay and just went through the grass and tried to park for free. They didn't let him.

havelj
02-07-2008, 10:26 AM
From what I could see on Metra, Lot L (southern most lot - gravel) has finally been fixed and paved over which will make for better parking. Brooks said last year that there was a need to clean up that spot from haz. material and the state had to fix the area.

Can someone who takes Metra (SW line) check that out?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/directions_map_lg_532x524.gif

skottyj242
02-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I heard Lot A will no longer be open because they're digging it up looking for the body of Jimmy Hoffa.

Steelrod
02-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Parking is expensive everywhere!
Been to Wrigley, Fenway, Twin Cities, etc? Be glad we have lots of reasonably clean parking.
Saw Jersey Boys downtown last weekend. Parking was $26, with a discount coupon!

chisoxmike
02-07-2008, 01:32 PM
The price of success, I guess.

:dunno:

What recent success are we talking about?

itsnotrequired
02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
What recent success are we talking about?

If the team loses, parking should be free the next day.

chisoxmike
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM

Then we could have a party... :party:

Brian26
02-07-2008, 05:42 PM
$22 seems like too much to pay for parking.

I remember paying $10 in '96 and I think it went up to $14 in 2000. It seems like the trend is about a $1 increase per year.

So, by my rough calculations, in the year 2055, the Sox will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the '05 World Series title, man will have colonized Mars, there will be a cure for cancer, Fenway will have 9,000,000 posts on WSI, and fans who ride their flying space-cars to Reinsdorf Field will pay approximately $69 to park/hover in the lots.

gogosox16
02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Now if they only had this last year.

Steelrod
02-07-2008, 06:40 PM
$22 seems like too much to pay for parking.

I remember paying $10 in '96 and I think it went up to $14 in 2000. It seems like the trend is about a $1 increase per year.

So, by my rough calculations, in the year 2055, the Sox will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the '05 World Series title, man will have colonized Mars, there will be a cure for cancer, Fenway will have 9,000,000 posts on WSI, and fans who ride their flying space-cars to Reinsdorf Field will pay approximately $69 to park/hover in the lots.
I will guarantee you today that parking in 2055 will be more than $69.

Vernam
02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
I've planned not to get parking passes this year, because we've just eaten too many of them in the past. But if the new MLB deal with StubHub lets STHs easily sell the passes on-line, I might yet renew. And I know you can sell 'em on StubHub by shipping via FedEx, but I want to be able to email passes just like tickets.

The green lots are under-rated, too, IMO. Cheaper and easier to get in/out if you know what you're doing. Tailgating in the red lots is a little cooler, but there's nothing wrong with getting a buzz on in a green lot. We're supposed to be Southsiders, aren't we? :redneck

Vernam

MCHSoxFan
02-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I've planned not to get parking passes this year, because we've just eaten too many of them in the past. But if the new MLB deal with StubHub lets STHs easily sell the passes on-line, I might yet renew. And I know you can sell 'em on StubHub by shipping via FedEx, but I want to be able to email passes just like tickets.

The green lots are under-rated, too, IMO. Cheaper and easier to get in/out if you know what you're doing. Tailgating in the red lots is a little cooler, but there's nothing wrong with getting a buzz on in a green lot. We're supposed to be Southsiders, aren't we? :redneck

Vernam

Thank you so much for representing the green lots! I live right down the street from them. We used to park there and it was great. Hell, get there when they open up and you can park in the SCOUT SEAT LOT!!! Also, less crowded and they direct you toward 39th & Wells. Waaay better than 31st and Wells (Red Lots) becuase less people park there.

MrRoboto83
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM

Perfessional sports will not exist in 2055.

soxfan21
02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Thank you so much for representing the green lots! I live right down the street from them. We used to park there and it was great. Hell, get there when they open up and you can park in the SCOUT SEAT LOT!!! Also, less crowded and they direct you toward 39th & Wells. Waaay better than 31st and Wells (Red Lots) becuase less people park there.
So, how much earlier do you have to show up to park in the scout seat lot? That would be sweet to park there this season as I will be somewhere in the green lots this year for at least 30 games.

ChiSoxGirl
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
This will be my second season with a neighborhood parking pass, and considering it saved me $440 last season, I'll definitely save as much- or more- this year! Street parking is the way to go. Sure, it's a little bit of a walk, but it's really not that bad. I think the "furthest" I've ever parked for a game is just west of the viaduct on 33rd St.

skottyj242
02-08-2008, 09:09 AM
This will be my second season with a neighborhood parking pass, and considering it saved me $440 last season, I'll definitely save as much- or more- this year! Street parking is the way to go. Sure, it's a little bit of a walk, but it's really not that bad. I think the "furthest" I've ever parked for a game is just west of the viaduct on 33rd St.

Just wondering how do you get away with he neighborhood pass? I figured you would need to have a city sticker to get away with it. Unless you are using the guest pass? I usually come across the neighborhood pass and it's the best.

roylestillman
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I saw a car parked on 37th just west of the viaduct with both a Sox resident permit and a wrigleyville resident permit affixed to the windshield. somebody's two-timing somebody.

WizardsofOzzie
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Won't matter. By then we will pay a teleportation fee to go to the game.

Steelrod
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Won't matter. By then we will pay a teleportation fee to go to the game.
Will there be a hovering or landing fee?

skottyj242
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Perfessional sports will not exist in 2055.

Will there still be recreational bowling?

jenn2080
02-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Just wondering how do you get away with he neighborhood pass? I figured you would need to have a city sticker to get away with it. Unless you are using the guest pass? I usually come across the neighborhood pass and it's the best.

You are suppose to have a city sticker with the neighborhood pass.

Jerko
02-08-2008, 09:53 AM
If you have a resident parking STICKER, you need a city sticker. If you use the paper pass you don't need a city sticker.

ChiSoxGirl
02-08-2008, 10:29 AM

My bad... I do use a guest pass. I figured people would know what I meant, based on my location.

skottyj242
02-08-2008, 10:31 AM
My bad... I do use a guest pass. I figured people would know what I meant, based on my location.

I was just confused. Jerko was right, it's a sticker vs. a pass.

Vernam
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
I asked my rep whether the StubHub deal will let us sell parking passes on-line. He said he's heard that they will be able to be resold on StubHub but not electronically. You would be able to complete the sale of parking passes online but that actual method of getting the passes to the purchaser would be FedEx shipping. The issue is that Sox parking passes donít have bar codes, so there is no way to track them over email as of now. They're still ironing out the overall agreement with StubHub but should have details soon.

Vernam