PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore trip

areilly
02-06-2008, 11:07 AM
WSIers -

It looks like my first-ever Sox road trip will be this April to Baltimore. Anyone have any tips on where to say, things to do in the city, best ways to get to the park, and the like?

Thanks as always.

Steelrod
02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
If you can afford it, stay in the Harbour by the park. It's upscale and always live with action.

ohiosoxfan
02-06-2008, 11:29 AM
If you can't afford the Inner Harbor, hotels out by the airport aren't too expensive, and are only about a 10-15 minute drive to the ballpark. With the football stadium there, a lot of parking is nearby. They also have some kind of light rail that has a stop at the ballpark. But previous writer is correct, if you can afford Inner Harbor, stay there. Lots to do and see.

skottyj242
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Make sure you get pickled at Pickles. Baltimore was a great time, there is a strip of bars right across the street from the stadium that was a good time. I wouldn't eat before the game, go over by the stadium and there is like a mini-Taste of Baltimore with about ten or so vendors serving up local fare. The park is great too, we sat in the left center bleachers and had a rip roaring time. There were like eight or so of us and we were in the second row and as the guys were walking to the bullpen one by one we were yelling their names and screaming for them. Security came and asked us to shut up. I was like "The game hasn't even started yet and nobody around me cares." It was a strange situation. Dewon Day looked up and gave us the fist pump. We lost that game, and the next day. I went to eight road games last year and only saw one win....against the Pirates.

thegooch
02-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Boog's BBQ in right field makes a mean sandwich.

nccwsfan
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
There's a Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn across from the stadium if you have the $$$. Pickles is a must- it's right next door from the Hampton Inn and across the street from the ballpark, and like skotty said there are plenty of vendors that have affordable food nearby. If you stay by one of the airport locations you can take the light rail- $3.50 for a round trip ticket. Beats the parking, which last year cost me around $18 to park at the Sheraton. The Inner Harbor is pretty nice as well.

See you there in April!

DSpivack
02-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I'll be making the drive up. Can't wait!

DumpJerry
02-06-2008, 09:25 PM
My friends and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Take a cab to the game (real close, but if you walked, you'll think you're experiencing the Apocolypse).

They have a bunch of eatin' places over the RF wall, check it out (you get there once inside the park).

If you get tix on their version of the Club seats (300 level at Comiskey), you'll be on the same level as the skyboxes. The interior is real nice. They have team pictures with stats of all the past O's teams. Impressive display of stats, but don't look at the '83 team, too painful.

The Inner Harbor is the main area for doing things. It's pretty huge with a lot of eating options.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: BRING HOME A WINNER!