PDA

View Full Version : Seething son-in-law

Paulwny
04-22-2002, 12:57 PM
I was talking to my daughter, sox fan, last night. She informed me that included with the Tribune was a sox bumper sticker which read," Chicago Tribune" "ESPN Radio 1000" and in bold letters beneath it "GO SOX".
My cub son-in-law was seething as my daughter said, " This is too good for the cars, maybe we'll put it in the front window".
What's with the Trib giving out sox bumper stickers?

cheeses_h_rice
04-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I was talking to my daughter, sox fan, last night. She informed me that included with the Tribune was a sox bumper sticker which read," Chicago Tribune" "ESPN Radio 1000" and in bold letters beneath it "GO SOX".
My cub son-in-law was seething as my daughter said, " This is too good for the cars, maybe we'll put it in the front window".

$$$, $$$, and more $$$, I'm guessing.

Cheryl
04-22-2002, 01:57 PM

To show they're not biased against the Sox , I suppose.

Nellie_Fox
04-22-2002, 02:30 PM
IMy cub son-in-law was seething
I was just about to ask how you allowed your daughter to marry a Cub fan, then I realized that my daughter is engaged to a Twins fan. Talk about your mixed marriages!

Paulwny
04-22-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

I was just about to ask how you allowed your daughter to marry a Cub fan, then I realized that my daughter is engaged to a Twins fan. Talk about your mixed marriages!

That's what happens when they leave the nest and go away to college. The price you pay for a higher education.

Moses_Scurry
04-22-2002, 03:08 PM
My cub fan coworker gave me the same bumper sticker. I was thinking of sticking it to the base of the Harry Caray statue outside Wrigley!