PDA

View Full Version : Toon troubles

Cheryl
04-22-2002, 12:15 PM
Wasn't this board game talking trash pre season about how the Toons were still the big dogs?

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Cleveland Indians center fielder Milton Bradley was taken to a hospital by emergency medical workers last week after refusing to leave a restaurant because he was drunk.

The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, which first reported the hospital trip on Saturday, said police officers responding to a call to remove an intoxicated customer early Monday from Dianna's Deli had to get an ambulance for Bradley, who turned 24 that day.

After hitting a home run in Cleveland's 6-2 loss to Minnesota on Saturday night, Bradley said he usually doesn't drink and attributed the situation to his low tolerance for alcohol and an empty stomach.

He was hesitant to talk about it, stressing that it was a personal matter.

"When you compound that with eating a steak that wasn't cooked, that I had to send back twice, you're going to get sick," he said. "Has it affected my play on the field? I was trying to have a little fun in my personal life."

Medical workers found Bradley with police in the restroom. According to the EMS report, Bradley was "severely intoxicated" and was taken to Lakewood Hospital.

Paulwny
04-22-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

"When you compound that with eating a steak that wasn't cooked, that I had to send back twice, you're going to get sick," he said. " ;

Gee, I think every kid who drank too much and was caught vomiting by his parents used that excuse.

Randar68
04-22-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Gee, I think every kid who drank too much and was caught vomiting by his parents used that excuse.

"I must have had a bad hotdog!"

BLA!

doctor30th
04-22-2002, 03:22 PM
They also put Wil Cordero on waivers. Guess he wasn't producing enough for him. I bet seattle will pick him up.

They brought up a real back up 3rd basemen.