PDA

View Full Version : Sox could be in trouble against the Tribe

MattSharp
04-22-2002, 11:37 AM
Alright before you flame me, just think about it like this:

The Indians have lost 6 straight. They had a 10 game win streak snapped by the Sox last week. They followed that up by getting swept by the Twins and have dropped to 3rd place. Now under no circumstances do I think the Tribe are good enough to be 11-1, but I also don't think they are bad enough to lose 7 in a row. Mark Buerhle is gonna have to make a mistake eventually. Tonight could be it.

Cleveland is at home against their biggest rivals, and they have a lot to prove. I am callin Vegas and putting some money on the Tribe tonight.

Of course, I wouldn't mind eating a big crow sandwich tomorrow........

ode to veeck
04-22-2002, 11:41 AM
all the more reason for burly-mon to shut them down tonight and prove himself again the toughest competitor the Sox have on the mound!

Iwritecode
04-22-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Alright before you flame me, just think about it like this:

The Indians have lost 6 straight. They had a 10 game win streak snapped by the Sox last week. They followed that up by getting swept by the Twins and have dropped to 3rd place. Now under no circumstances do I think the Tribe are good enough to be 11-1, but I also don't think they are bad enough to lose 7 in a row. Mark Buerhle is gonna have to make a mistake eventually. Tonight could be it.

Cleveland is at home against their biggest rivals, and they have a lot to prove. I am callin Vegas and putting some money on the Tribe tonight.

The only thing I'm worried about tonight is the weather affecting Burly. It's supposed to be almost a repeat of yesterday's weather. Temp in the 40's with chance of rain/snow. Hopefully the offense will continue to click and can pick him up.

Kilroy
04-22-2002, 11:42 AM

Ok, saying the Sox might be in for a fired up Tribe tonight is one thing, but calling Vegas and betting against the Sox? You may have to turn in your membership card!

It's also true that the Tribe is 6-0 at home this year. Something's gonna give. I don't think it's gonna be the Sox. Least not today, anyway.

moochpuppy
04-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Ok, saying the Sox might be in for a fired up Tribe tonight is one thing, but calling Vegas and betting against the Sox? You may have to turn in your membership card!

It's also true that the Tribe is 6-0 at home this year. Something's gonna give. I don't think it's gonna be the Sox. Least not today, anyway.

When push comes to shove the Tribe are at best a .500 ballclub. They are currently still 4 games over and their slide to normalcy will continue tonight.

Nellie_Fox
04-22-2002, 11:54 AM
I am callin Vegas and putting some money on the Tribe tonight.
Don't ever bet against the White Sox. This causes you to have divided loyalties: divided between the Sox and your money.

ode to veeck
04-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Don't ever bet against the White Sox.

:angry: Sacriligious, immoral, don't do it, don't even think about it, don't ever compromise you're being a diehard, totally biased SoxFan. How would you ever look yourself in the face in a mirror ... or face Daver's wrath with qwill and arrow (twang ... thump)

That said, and good point on the bad weather in Cleveland, but no better time to thump the Tribe than when they're down! May every contact with a Burly-mon pitch be at the end of the bat and wrattle evey one of their ancient Toon bones!

Randar68
04-22-2002, 12:50 PM
With all of the above being said, tonight's game is crucial! The Sox have to kick the Tribe while their down. If they beat our "Ace" against their #5, it gives them a lot of confidence and momentum going into the rest of the series...

MattSharp
04-22-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
With all of the above being said, tonight's game is crucial! The Sox have to kick the Tribe while their down. If they beat our "Ace" against their #5, it gives them a lot of confidence and momentum going into the rest of the series...

I agree, like I said hopefully I will be eating a crow sandwich tomorrow....

Paulwny
04-22-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Jump out to an early lead, the crowd will be cold and agitated and start on their own players. I feel good about tonight's game.

moochpuppy
04-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Who's broadcasting tonight's game?

voodoochile
04-22-2002, 01:13 PM
Remember, the Sox played in this mess yesterday, so provided they actually play the game, they will be more prepared for it psychologically. The Tribe has been playing in a dome the last 3 days. They are NOT going to be happy to be out in this frozen pea soup. Burly-Mon should be fine. He is a midwestern product. He won't be affected that much by the cold, IMO.

MattSharp
04-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Remember, the Sox played in this mess yesterday, so provided they actually play the game, they will be more prepared for it psychologically. The Tribe has been playing in a dome the last 3 days. They are NOT going to be happy to be out in this frozen pea soup.

Very true, but I think the Tribe are gonna be real riled up to win, especially after this road trip where they got stomped. I am not worried about the weather, just the Tribe's intensity. If the Tribe are gonna pull it out they will have to do it early. No dobut about it......

foulkesfan11
04-22-2002, 02:01 PM
I think Kenny & the boys will be pumped up to beat Cleveland on their home field. Don't count them out. Especially with Mark Pitching! If Danny Wright was pitching, I'd throw in the towel though.

Iguana775
04-22-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I think Kenny & the boys will be pumped up to beat Cleveland on their home field. Don't count them out. Especially with Mark Pitching! If Danny Wright was pitching, I'd throw in the towel though.

you got your wish. he is scheduled to pitch wednesday, i believe. hopefully he has his "A" control.

Chisox_cali
04-22-2002, 04:18 PM
We especially need to win tonite, because the Twinks have the day off today and if we win we would be tied with them in first place....oh did I mention they get to play the freakin devil dogs?! So if we win today we can try to match them win for win against the devil dogs, hey you never know the rays could win a game than we might be repeating that saying "you dont know what you got till it's gone" about Tanyon Stutze :D:

Tragg
04-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Yea, that's true. We might split - we might get swept. Big deal. Still 135 or so games left. Just, over the haul, we need to play well.
We were swept early in the year at the Royals in 2000 - we recovered quickly.