PDA

View Full Version : Things that will happen before the Cubs win a World Series

hose
02-02-2008, 09:30 AM
A dog team of chihuahuas will win the Iditarod.

SoxNation05
02-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Britney Spears becomes sane.

Ronnie Woo Woo gets a job.

Rosie O' Donnell dates a man.

Ryan Secreast admits he is gay.

Regis Philbon celebrates his 500th year in television.

Brian26
02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
WSI will go one day without a completely unnecessary and slightly pathetic cubsessed post.

TomBradley72
02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Geez...is this thread really necessary? We need an entire forum JUST for Flubsession. They won't win it this year, but between their roster and the level of talent in the Central Division and the National League overall...they are much closer than we are.

Hitmen77
02-02-2008, 10:39 AM
How many days until opening day?

DSpivack
02-02-2008, 10:50 AM
How many days until opening day?

I count 57.

kittle42
02-02-2008, 10:57 AM
This thread is sad. Go get your frustrations out by pissing on Wrigley or something. And don't wear a Sox shirt.

fquaye149
02-02-2008, 10:59 AM
What are the Cubs?

peeonwrigley
02-02-2008, 11:21 AM
This thread is sad. Go get your frustrations out by pissing on Wrigley or something. And don't wear a Sox shirt.

I've been suggesting that for years.

Fenway
02-02-2008, 11:39 AM
The Devil Rays win the World Series

Frater Perdurabo
02-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Youngest, oldest, fattest, most eloquent and most silent presidents
Four States Added to Union
Yankees Win 26 World Series
Radio, TV, Internet, Vacuum Tube, Transistor, Microprocessor, Nanite, Quantum Mechanics, A-Bomb, H-Bomb & Cloning
Titanic, Hindenburg, Apollo I, Challenger and Columbia disasters
Two World Wars, Two Iraq Wars and Wars in Vietnam and Korea
Rise and Fall of Communism, and Oldsmobile and Plymouth nameplates
Birth of Jazz and Rock and Roll; Prohibition, Repeal of Prohibition; Drinking Age Later Lowered and Raised
Decade-long Great Depression and Decade-long Economic Boom
Aircraft progress from Wright Flyer to Concorde, Voyager & A-380
Dog, Man and Woman fly in Space; Man Walks on Moon
Erection and destruction of Berlin Wall & Twin Towers
Germany and France Make Peace and Form European Union

SteveFakeBlood
02-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Youngest, oldest, fattest, most eloquent and most silent presidents
Four States Added to Union
Yankees Win 26 World Series
Radio, TV, Internet, Vacuum Tube, Transistor, Microprocessor, Nanite, Quantum Mechanics, A-Bomb, H-Bomb & Cloning
Titanic, Hindenburg, Apollo I, Challenger and Columbia disasters
Two World Wars, Two Iraq Wars and Wars in Vietnam and Korea
Rise and Fall of Communism, and Oldsmobile and Plymouth nameplates
Birth of Jazz and Rock and Roll; Prohibition, Repeal of Prohibition; Drinking Age Later Lowered and Raised
Decade-long Great Depression and Decade-long Economic Boom
Aircraft progress from Wright Flyer to Concorde, Voyager & A-380
Dog, Man and Woman fly in Space; Man Walks on Moon
Erection and destruction of Berlin Wall & Twin Towers
Germany and France Make Peace and Form European Union

Well said, sir. Well said. Other interesting points:
- Entire lifespan of 4 US Presidents (Kennedy, Nixon, Ford and Reagan.... it's of course worth noting that Ford and Reagan died in their 90s....)
- Women given the right to vote, along with 10 other Amendments to the US Constitution
- 6 Red Sox World Series titles (I just puked in my mouth a little bit, but worth noting because they went 86 years without one... which was impossible to forget thanks to ESPN)
- And of course, the two teams that had Harry Caray first.... you know, their archrivals: 10 Cardinals World Series titles, and of course 2 Sox World Series titles.

~Steve

LITTLE NELL
02-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Man will walk on the planet Pluto.

chisoxmike
02-02-2008, 03:08 PM
:threadsucks

:threadblows:

:rowand

Railsplitter
02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
The Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup, the U.S. wins the World Cup and a pro Rugby league starts in the States.

DumpJerry
02-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Hangar18 becomes the head Sports Editor at the Chicago Tribune.

batmanZoSo
02-02-2008, 11:31 PM
WSI will go one day without a completely unnecessary and slightly pathetic cubsessed post.

ROWAND 4 LYFE

TommyJohn
02-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Hangar18 becomes the head Sports Editor at the Chicago Tribune.

Sounds like a good topic for a thread: "You write tomorrow's Hangar headline."

thomas35forever
02-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Well said, sir. Well said. Other interesting points:
- Entire lifespan of 4 US Presidents (Kennedy, Nixon, Ford and Reagan.... it's of course worth noting that Ford and Reagan died in their 90s....)
- Women given the right to vote, along with 10 other Amendments to the US Constitution
- 6 Red Sox World Series titles (I just puked in my mouth a little bit, but worth noting because they went 86 years without one... which was impossible to forget thanks to ESPN)
- And of course, the two teams that had Harry Caray first.... you know, their archrivals: 10 Cardinals World Series titles, and of course 2 Sox World Series titles.

~Steve
Don't forget, Pluto gains and loses it's planitery status.

tstrike2000
02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
All communist countries become democratic and then arrange a world wide telethon for breast cancer awareness.

white sox bill
02-05-2008, 10:20 AM
The Pope will turn Jewish

AnkleSox
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
White Sox fans forget that the cubs exist ?

raven1
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
I seriously think that a lot of Sox fans need to stop defining their team support in terms of hating the Cubs. Just a few years ago it was a source of pride to be part of the neglected minority of fans that didn't buy into the institutionalized mediocrity that they were sellingin a market inundated with Cubs media coverage. 2005 changed all that - now this type of negativity only hurts the team's image and undermines efforts to reach out to and appeal to a broader base of fans throughout the entire midwest.

I've heard all these jokes many times before - a lot has happened in the last century, but looking forward the Sox have succeeding in accomplishing one huge thing that really will change the Cubs - losing will never again be as lovable or acceptable. Assuming that the Cubs make at least reasonable efforts to put a good team on the field, holding old grudges against them will only make Sox fans look petty, bitter, and maybe even jealous if they do have some success. We should be better than that.

rwcescato
02-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Geez...is this thread really necessary? We need an entire forum JUST for Flubsession. They won't win it this year, but between their roster and the level of talent in the Central Division and the National League overall...they are much closer than we are.

i agree very disappointed in the new season. no better then 3rd place this year.

batmanZoSo
02-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Lot of mouth breathing in this thread.

TornLabrum
02-06-2008, 05:30 AM
I haven't seen the most obvious. Please forgive me if I missed it.

Hell freezes over.

spawn
02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Politics will be discussed openly and honestly here at WSI.

white sox bill
02-07-2008, 08:22 AM

The cubs will become a dynasty before that happens

Fenway
02-09-2008, 01:55 PM

The cubs will become a dynasty before that happens

Will the parade route be Addison to Clark to City Hall? :tongue:

LongLiveFisk
02-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't consider myself Cubsessed by any means, but I'll join the fun:

Haley's Comet, seen only once every 75 years, will make its THIRD appearance. :)

SOXSINCE'70
02-09-2008, 02:42 PM
The Bulls will win a championship with a team of jump shooters.

I hope that's teal.I'm color blind.If i'm wrong,
please forgive my mistake.

cub killer
02-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I seriously think that a lot of Sox fans need to stop defining their team support in terms of hating the Cubs. Just a few years ago it was a source of pride to be part of the neglected minority of fans that didn't buy into the institutionalized mediocrity that they were sellingin a market inundated with Cubs media coverage. 2005 changed all that - now this type of negativity only hurts the team's image and undermines efforts to reach out to and appeal to a broader base of fans throughout the entire midwest.

I've heard all these jokes many times before - a lot has happened in the last century, but looking forward the Sox have succeeding in accomplishing one huge thing that really will change the Cubs - losing will never again be as lovable or acceptable. Assuming that the Cubs make at least reasonable efforts to put a good team on the field, holding old grudges against them will only make Sox fans look petty, bitter, and maybe even jealous if they do have some success. We should be better than that.

Hating that team is a healthy part of White Sox Nation's identity. It's a part of us just like when red sox fans sing sweet caroline or when yankee fans chant Jeter's name. it's part of White Sox culture and its fun. just 'cause we hate that team, doesn't mean we don't love the sox ten times more. there's nothing wrong with stomping on those other fools from time to time, just for kicks and to remind everyone of who the REAL MLB team in Chicago is.

SoxNation05
02-09-2008, 09:14 PM
The Bulls will win a championship with a team of jump shooters.

I hope that's teal.I'm color blind.If i'm wrong,
please forgive my mistake.
People all over WSI will learn about::tealtutor: