PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Farm System in Baseball (Law)

Fantosme
02-01-2008, 03:49 AM
This sums up his thoughts on the farm system:

JO (Chicago): How far outside the top 100 is the next best White Sox prospect?
Keith Law: A long ways. I sat down to do those top 5s, and for most teams it was straightforward. For them, I wrote:
"1. Aaron Poreda
2. X"
and finished all the other teams before even trying to find another prospect there.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=19060

(Griffith, Broadway, McCulloch, and Shelby round out his top five)

gr8mexico
02-01-2008, 04:00 AM
This sums up his thoughts on the farm system:

JO (Chicago): How far outside the top 100 is the next best White Sox prospect?
Keith Law: A long ways. I sat down to do those top 5s, and for most teams it was straightforward. For them, I wrote:
"1. Aaron Poreda
2. X"
and finished all the other teams before even trying to find another prospect there.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=19060

(Griffith, Broadway, McCulloch, and Shelby round out his top five)
Who cares only 1% of minor leaguers make it to the Majors

Fantosme
02-01-2008, 04:10 AM

It matters because..

1) The Sox do not have much to trade
2) No depth means that the Sox will have a hard time replacing a player in the event of an injury
3) The Sox have to rely on free agents, which only Boston and New York can afford to do

Sockinchisox
02-01-2008, 08:36 AM
It matters because..

1) The Sox do not have much to trade
2) No depth means that the Sox will have a hard time replacing a player in the event of an injury
3) The Sox have to rely on free agents, which only Boston and New York can afford to do

We actually have a ton of depth on our roster right now.

1B: Konerko, Swisher, In an extreme situation Thome
2B: Richar, Ramirez, Uribe, Ozuna
SS: Cabrera, Uribe, Ramirez
3B: Fields, Uribe, Ozuna, (right now: Crede)
C: Pierzynski, Hall, Lucy
LF: Quentin, Owens, Swisher, Ozuna
CF: Swisher, Owens, Ramirez
RF: Dye, Swisher, Quentin

Tragg
02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Even if you don't like young players, we used them to get Vazquez, Konerko, Swisher et al. So we can use them for something. Other organizations use them directly; even the Red Sox had players they had recently developed play key roles in their title last year.

I'm not sure he's saying we have the worst farm system - we are currently the most barren. But we do produce prospects - we just traded them all.

btrain929
02-01-2008, 09:55 AM

And in that depth, there are a good amount of young players in there. It's not like we have 36 y/o's backed up by 35 y/o's. We have a good crop of arms coming up from rookie ball that should continue to progress and give us more trade bait to hopefully acquire a #3 pitcher in the next few years.

Fantosme
02-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Even if you don't like young players, we used them to get Vazquez, Konerko, Swisher et al. So we can use them for something. Other organizations use them directly; even the Red Sox had players they had recently developed play key roles in their title last year.

I'm not sure he's saying we have the worst farm system - we are currently the most barren. But we do produce prospects - we just traded them all.

Law states on his blog that the Sox have the worst farm system in all of baseball, which can be found here (http://www.meadowparty.com/blog/)

I know that the Sox have depth; I was talking more in general terms about the value of a good farm system.

Daver
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
How many rounds is the MLB amateur draft?

eastchicagosoxfan
02-01-2008, 07:26 PM
How many rounds is the MLB amateur draft?
Is it close to 50? In a good draft, one or two draftees get significant playing time at the major league level?

Daver
02-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Is it close to 50? In a good draft, one or two draftees get significant playing time at the major league level?

There is no limit on rounds in baseball's amateur draft, it keeps going until all but a few teams stop picking.

My point is, minor league systems are a renewable resource, and they don't have to make it to the majors to have value.

Now don't misinterpret this as me defending the White Sox and their handling of scouting and player development, this has sucked for years, perhaps with the broad changes made this year that will improve.

jabrch
02-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Keith Law is worthless. The Sox farm system is in bad shape - Keith Law is not an authority whom anyone should be listening to. Ask the BBWA - when granting membership to 19 internet journalists, they rejected his application.

California Sox
02-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Keith Law is worthless. The Sox farm system is in bad shape - Keith Law is not an authority whom anyone should be listening to. Ask the BBWA - when granting membership to 19 internet journalists, they rejected his application.

Not defending Law, but your point assumes that the BBWA does not admit worthless baseball writers and I think experience says otherwise. He was denied because he doesn't go to enough games in person. If he were a beat writer and exactly the same as he is now, they would have let him in.

Fantosme
02-01-2008, 11:52 PM

Law knows more about baseball than 99% of the members of the BBWA. I do not see why everyone seems to hate him.

jabrch
02-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Not defending Law, but your point assumes that the BBWA does not admit worthless baseball writers and I think experience says otherwise. He was denied because he doesn't go to enough games in person. If he were a beat writer and exactly the same as he is now, they would have let him in.

But he isn't a beat writer. He doesn't cover a beat. He is a self-proclaimed expert who has no grounds to call himself such. Law offers no unique insight based on anything he actually sees or any sources he has. One can conclude that the Sox system is weak without any complete lack of insight that Keith Law would provide.

jabrch
02-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Law knows more about baseball than 99% of the members of the BBWA. I do not see why everyone seems to hate him.

That's pure opinion - and one that I doubt is shared by too many people who actually are paid to know about the game.

dickallen15
02-02-2008, 09:49 AM
That's pure opinion - and one that I doubt is shared by too many people who actually are paid to know about the game.
Law was an assitant GM for about 5 years. I don't think much about what he writes either, but if being paid "to know about the game" is a merit badge, Law is an Eagle Scout amoung journalists. I would think his baseball acumen is a little better than guys like Paul Sullivan and Mark Gonzalez, and considering he was on the Blue Jays payroll for several years, many here would say that he automatically knows more about baseball than anyone posting on this site.

chaerulez
02-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Yes, most prospects don't pan out. However having a highly rated farm system helps in trades because these players have value. Jeremy Reed didn't pan out, but he helped us get Garcia.

fquaye149
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM

Exhibit A why Law is clueless is he has Poreda on his list of top 100 prospects in baseball but not Gio.

TomBradley72
02-02-2008, 01:56 PM

I think we're in good shape at 1B,SS & 3B(until we trade Crede...then there won't be any depth behind Fields) and RF.
We have zero proven commodities at 2B and in CF...with no significant, young prospects on the way.
Hall is OK...three years removed from his last good season...no catching prospects anywhere in the system (hurt us when trying to acquire Cabrera)
Ramirez is a 26 y.o. prospect who's market value is $1.2MM/yr.
Quentin is a 25 y.o. career .230 hitter
We have no significant prospects on the horizon for our starting rotation or the bullpen.

We have the worst farm system in MLB, and a major league roster filled with question marks, forecasted for 3rd Place in the division, but with the 6th highest payroll in major league baseball.

We need to face reality...we're in pretty rough shape right now.

Fenway
02-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't care how you want to spin it but as long as the White Sox continue not to draft Boras clients they will be at a disadvantage.

Boras may spend more on scouting that most MLB teams. He locks the good ones up.

Oblong
02-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I question his ability to rate the entire farm systems of all MLB teams. I know people who do it all year round and that's their main focus, and they still don't think they do a good enough job. This isn't all that Keith Law writes about.

On these topics he's just like the rest of us. He reads what's out there and forms his opinion. I doubt he's out there day after day talking to coaches and scouts and running numbers.

jabrch
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't care how you want to spin it but as long as the White Sox continue not to draft Boras clients they will be at a disadvantage.

The Sox won't draft a HS pitcher who wants 10mm and a major league contract regardless of who his agent is. And that doesn't put them at a disadvantage. There are many other teams that share this philosophy.

jabrch
02-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Law was an assitant GM for about 5 years. ...considering he was on the Blue Jays payroll for several years, many here would say that he automatically knows more about baseball than anyone posting on this site.

There are a half dozen people here who's opinion I respect much more than anything I have read from Law. I find him uninformed and formulaic. There are 100s of writers who are better at covering the game than Law, and who provide better insight, in particular into prospects who most of us have never seen much of.

Daver
02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
The Sox won't draft a HS pitcher who wants 10mm and a major league contract regardless of who his agent is. And that doesn't put them at a disadvantage. There are many other teams that share this philosophy.

No player will get both, if they demand a MLB contract, they get no signing bonus.

Fenway
02-02-2008, 04:45 PM

Who besides the White Sox have won a World Series this decade?

I do think more teams have been scared off high school prospects in general.

If you want to find a major league scout in summer.....go to Cape Cod.

The Cape League is the best college league in the country and it is here where prospects first learn to use a wooden bat.

http://www.capecodbaseball.org/

I love going to these games. No tickets sold but they pass a hat around the field. It is wonderful baseball.

The alumni list is impressive
http://www.capecodbaseball.org/alumni.htm

jabrch
02-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Who besides the White Sox have won a World Series this decade?

And you can do nothing to prove causation for that.

jabrch
02-02-2008, 04:59 PM
No player will get both, if they demand a MLB contract, they get no signing bonus.

sorry - meant guaranteed money...you are right.

Fenway
02-02-2008, 09:15 PM
And you can do nothing to prove causation for that.

What I was trying to say was what team this decade beside the White Sox have won the whole thing and boycotted Boras.

The answer is NOBODY.

So yes it can be done...but it makes it that much harder.

California Sox
02-02-2008, 10:58 PM
It's not just the Boras boycott. If that weren't bad enough, the Sox also hold very firmly to the slot recs. The combination allows teams like the Red Sox and Detroit to get away with murder. Either the commish needs to start putting some real teeth into it or abandon it because it is a situation where the teams that obey the rules are played for suckers. I bet you see the Mets join the rest of the big boys this year. I hope to heaven the Sox follow suit.

jabrch
02-02-2008, 11:28 PM
What I was trying to say was what team this decade beside the White Sox have won the whole thing and boycotted Boras.

The answer is NOBODY.

So yes it can be done...but it makes it that much harder.

Nobody has boycotted Boras, the Sox included. That's a myth that does not exist. What the Sox are boycotting is outrageous demands. The Sox have Boras clients on the team. The Cards won a WS a few years ago. They passed on Porcello too. Lots of teams passed on him - because what he wanted was too much - in the eyes of many GMs.

doublem23
02-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I believe the Sox had the best farm system in 2000 and it produced almost absolutely nothing.

Optipessimism
02-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Nobody has boycotted Boras, the Sox included. That's a myth that does not exist. What the Sox are boycotting is outrageous demands. The Sox have Boras clients on the team. The Cards won a WS a few years ago. They passed on Porcello too. Lots of teams passed on him - because what he wanted was too much - in the eyes of many GMs.

The Sox are boycotting outrageous demands? Since when? They offered $15 million per to Torii Hunter just this offseason while taking a pass on Andruw Jones at $18 million per over a shorter deal. Jones is the better player and over time will prove to be the safer commitment. It wasn't about the Sox all of the sudden drawing the line in the sand. The Sox just plain and simply do not want to deal with Borass. And yes, I know Danks has Borass representing him, but he's at the league minimum and I guarantee that if he develops into a pretty good pitcher, he will not stick around unless he changes agents.

The Cards were GIVEN that WS. I'd take that Detroit team over them any day of the week. They just pissed it away, but you play that series 10 times and Detroit wins it probably 7 times.

It's not that GM's are all up in arms about giving out signing bonues and major league contracts to first rounders in the draft. It's that some teams' ownership won't do it because Jerry's man Bud doesn't like it. The player the Sox took in the first round of last year's draft has a lot more to do with politics than talent or money.

On Porcello's contract from wikipedia:

The Tigers signed Porcello to a $7.29 million dollar, 4 year deal with 2 one year options. The total contract is worth $11 million...

He received a $3.5 million signing bonus...

Look at what the people in baseball think of this guy and tell me he isn't worth that much money. He's a prospect. Star prospects are worth twice their weight in gold these days, especially to a team like the Sox with a GM like KW who commonly uses them in trades for veteran players.

Had the Sox given that same contract out to Porcello, more than likely they wouldn't have even had to pay for the whole thing. We'd end up trading him for a star instead.

Porcello next year on the trade market is probably worth what we gave up in total for Nick Swisher. It would be nice to be able to get another player like that without giving up anything really except money. Think about it this way: you spend about $4.5 mil on a guy, stick him in the farm for a year, let him dominate, then deal him for a stud. The Sox easily could have done that but didn't. It's not about money because that same $4.5 mil gets you nothing more than a fringe MLB position player or a setup man on the FA market.

If Porcello was in our organization, in terms of what he has in value, I'd argue he'd be the most valuable player in the organization. I'd say that because he is a young pitcher with a sky-high ceiling, and because he is not on the major league roster, you can deal him for a star without having to replace anyone on the MLB team. A player like that allows you to add a ton while subtracting nothing.

Optipessimism
02-03-2008, 03:04 AM
I believe the Sox had the best farm system in 2000 and it produced almost absolutely nothing.

Aside from some major contributors our farm had produced like Burls, CLee, Maggs, the Great Aaron Rowand, etc., it also produced David Wells, Bartolo Colon, Todd Ritchie (yuck), Carl Everett, and others through trades. Not that most of those guys helped us, but a couple did. If we had a farm system similar in strength now it would be used the same way pretty much.

fquaye149
02-03-2008, 09:55 AM
The Sox are boycotting outrageous demands? Since when? They offered $15 million per to Torii Hunter just this offseason while taking a pass on Andruw Jones at $18 million per over a shorter deal. Jones is the better player and over time will prove to be the safer commitment. It wasn't about the Sox all of the sudden drawing the line in the sand. The Sox just plain and simply do not want to deal with Borass. And yes, I know Danks has Borass representing him, but he's at the league minimum and I guarantee that if he develops into a pretty good pitcher, he will not stick around unless he changes agents.

There are myriad reasons why Kenny would prefer Hunter to Jones besides Boras (whether they are reasons you agree with is irrelevant--you can't deny they are reasons that OTHER experts...and GM's...have listed as concerns...after all--Hunter got a bigger deal than Jones)

--Weight was perceived as an issue
--Jones's effort is often characterized as lacking
--Hunter's most recent year was much better than Jones's

now, listen--I don't necessarily AGREE with that assessment. But certainly Boras being his agent isn't the ONLY reason Jones wasn't on the wishlist

The Cards were GIVEN that WS. I'd take that Detroit team over them any day of the week. They just pissed it away, but you play that series 10 times and Detroit wins it probably 7 times.

And I bet you if Babe Ruth played today he'd only hit THWEE HOME WUNS!

It's not that GM's are all up in arms about giving out signing bonues and major league contracts to first rounders in the draft. It's that some teams' ownership won't do it because Jerry's man Bud doesn't like it. The player the Sox took in the first round of last year's draft has a lot more to do with politics than talent or money.

On Porcello's contract from wikipedia:

Look at what the people in baseball think of this guy and tell me he isn't worth that much money. He's a prospect. Star prospects are worth twice their weight in gold these days, especially to a team like the Sox with a GM like KW who commonly uses them in trades for veteran players.

If he doesn't flop he's worth that. If he does flop he IS. There's been a number of can't miss prospects who have missed pretty badly. Josh Hamilton, Rick Ankiel, and Brien Williams come immediately to mind.

I don't agree with the Sox's unwillingness to pay for prospects, but it certainly is a cautious and fiscally responsible mode of salary management.

Had the Sox given that same contract out to Porcello, more than likely they wouldn't have even had to pay for the whole thing. We'd end up trading him for a star instead.

Maybe. If they're willing to trade him his first year. But what if he struggles in the minors. His value decreases and that signing bonus is sunk cost. Prospects as trade bait are often bad investments. For instance--Porcello's trade value is unlikely to get much higher than it is now. However, it can very very very easily go down.

California Sox
02-03-2008, 05:23 PM
There seems to be an argument on this board (both here and in the Nick Swisher thread) that minor league prospects are worth exactly nothing. That, for instance, if the White Sox had traded major leaguer Scott Podsednick to the Brewers prior to 2007 for minor leaguer Ryan Braun it would have been a bad deal for us because "How many hits has Braun had in the majors?"

It's true that many prospects (especially pitchers) fail. But not all of them do. So a GM has to ask himself, "What is the probability that a particular player will fail?" and "What is the upside if he succeeds?"

Take a look at Porcello. He's a high school righthander. They have a high failure rate. But he's got a clean throwing motion and no injury history. Maybe a 50-50 chance of success. I he fails, the Tigers are out $11 million. That's like one season of Jose Contreras. But if he succeeds, they've got a potential 1 or 2 starter locked up for six years for a total of $11 million. That is way below the market rate. If you sign 10 Rick Porcellos and half of them fail that's $110 million for 6 years of your entire starting rotation (full of 1's and 2's). That's less than $20 mil a year. The Sox starting rotation is going to cost them close to $40 mil for one year and it can be argued they don't have any #1 starters.

There's a reason why the Yankees and Red Sox held onto their young pitchers rather than give them up for Johan Santana. High impact young talent is potentially very cost-effective.

KW has been pretty smart about who he has dealt (except for CYoung). He's done a great job estimating the potential failure rate for his prospects. But that does not invalidate the entire concept of player development. To compete against the Detroits, Bostons, and Yankees of the world the Sox are going to have to have a better stream of talent into the organization.

Oblong
02-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Take a look at Porcello. He's a high school righthander. They have a high failure rate. But he's got a clean throwing motion and no injury history. Maybe a 50-50 chance of success. I he fails, the Tigers are out $11 million. That's like one season of Jose Contreras. But if he succeeds, they've got a potential 1 or 2 starter locked up for six years for a total of $11 million. That is way below the market rate. If you sign 10 Rick Porcellos and half of them fail that's $110 million for 6 years of your entire starting rotation (full of 1's and 2's). That's less than $20 mil a year. The Sox starting rotation is going to cost them close to $40 mil for one year and it can be argued they don't have any #1 starters.

There's a reason why the Yankees and Red Sox held onto their young pitchers rather than give them up for Johan Santana. High impact young talent is potentially very cost-effective.

I think the bigger problem for Dombrowski, beyond the $10 million, if Porcello fails is his staff. He's said repeatedly that it was a special circumstance and he's gone on and on about how much value he has in the opinions of the people he has working for him. So if he fails, barring injury, then somebody's going to have some serious explaining to do.

California Sox
02-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I think the bigger problem for Dombrowski, beyond the $10 million, if Porcello fails is his staff. He's said repeatedly that it was a special circumstance and he's gone on and on about how much value he has in the opinions of the people he has working for him. So if he fails, barring injury, then somebody's going to have some serious explaining to do.

I don't buy it. This wasn't a case of Dombrowski trusting his cross checker or even his scouting director on a player no other organizations thought was any good. Porcello was the consensus top HS pitcher in the draft. A sure top 5 selection if Boras doesn't call around and price him out of the market. The Tigers had to have a plan to go way over slot from the beginning. Otherwise they wouldn't have been on Porcello hard enough to have cross-checked him.

I'm sure Detroit got signals as to how much Porcello was expecting. It's a GM/ownership decision to go that far over slot. If he pulls a Matt White, it's on Dombrowski and Illich not the guys who work for them.

rdivaldi
02-04-2008, 12:24 AM

While keeping young players is "cost effective", I wouldn't recommend using Evil Empires I & II as examples of pinching pennies. I doubt the bottom line kept them from trading for Santana.

gr8mexico
02-04-2008, 01:41 AM
The White Sox have many major league players signed for a couple of years and can always develop player in the next 3 years. The Sox have Nick Swisher,Bobby Jenks,John Danks,Gavin Floyd,Danny Richar,Carlos Quentin and a couple of other players under contract for at least 3 years. The Sox will survive with out the so call top prospects. Just look at Mark Buehrle

guillen4life13
02-04-2008, 02:53 AM
The Sox are going to be getting major makeovers throughout the whole team given the logjams they have. Lots of players are going to be traded and/or their contracts will expire. Once Thome leaves, it's possible Dye goes to DH (if Dye re-signs) to make room for Owens, Quentin and Swisher to play the outfield. Alexei Ramirez, if he turns out to be a a stud, will hopefully move to CF, Owens to LF and Quentin in RF, with PK DHing and Swisher at 1B if Dye leaves. Either of these situations, if these guys meet their expectations, the team would have restocked on the cheap with quality young players. I could see any of the aforementioned players (except Swisher) getting traded to bring prospects if they show they're worth it. Crede will likely bring prospects (I don't expect he could net a good MLB starting pitcher). Contreras' contract will be off the books soon, so that's a bunch of money you now can allocate towards the rotation and the farm. The Sox also have a higher pick this year due to their dismal '07 season.

gr8mexico
02-04-2008, 04:30 AM
The White Sox still have all there 1st round draft picks.
2003Brian Anderson, ofWhite Sox2004Josh Fields, 3bWhite Sox2005Lance Broadway, rhpWhite Sox2006Kyle McCulloch, rhpWhite Sox2007Aaron Poreda, lhpWhite Sox
These players expect from Fields have a chance to fully develop and still have a chance to make a huge difference in the Majors. Also the Sox have players like Alexies Ramirez, Juan Silverio & Oneli Perez that can help this team in the future.

rdivaldi
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
The White Sox still have all there 1st round draft picks.
2003Brian Anderson, ofWhite Sox2004Josh Fields, 3bWhite Sox2005Lance Broadway, rhpWhite Sox2006Kyle McCulloch, rhpWhite Sox2007Aaron Poreda, lhpWhite Sox
These players expect from Fields have a chance to fully develop and still have a chance to make a huge difference in the Majors. Also the Sox have players like Alexies Ramirez, Juan Silverio & Oneli Perez that can help this team in the future.

Save Fields and Poreda, I don't see any other of our top picks making a "huge difference" in the majors.

FedEx227
02-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Save Fields and Poreda, I don't see any other of our top picks making a "huge difference" in the majors.

Yeah, I see absolutely no way Lance Broadway will ever be more than a middle-of-the-road 4-5 starter.

rdivaldi
02-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I see absolutely no way Lance Broadway will ever be more than a middle-of-the-road 4-5 starter.

He would have to absolutely master the two seam fastball that he struggled with last year to be any better than that.

EndemicSox
02-05-2008, 01:55 PM

Read his blog, plenty of "pundits" believe Law was screwed because of his platform. I believe there are only a handfull of baseball writers who even compare to Law at this point in time...

russ99
02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
That's hogwash. The Astros had the worst system at the end of the season, mostly because after last year's draft, owner McLane wouldn't go above slot and they lost 3 of their first 4 draft picks.

Since then they traded all their even marginal prospects away for Tejada, Valverde and a few other new players. All they have left to help the big club the next few years is 2 halfway decent pitchers who've already pitched at the MLB level and one outfielder nabbed from the Padres system. Houston press is talking like it will take 3 years to improve things with the Astros system (they've signed a bunch of journeymen for the AAA club) and they don't pick nearly as high as the Sox do in this year's draft.

The Sox system may stink, but we certainly aren't the worst.

cws05champ
02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
That's hogwash. The Astros had the worst system at the end of the season, mostly because after last year's draft, owner McLane wouldn't go above slot and they lost 3 of their first 4 draft picks.

Since then they traded all their even marginal prospects away for Tejada, Valverde and a few other new players. All they have left to help the big club the next few years is 2 halfway decent pitchers who've already pitched at the MLB level and one outfielder nabbed from the Padres system. Houston press is talking like it will take 3 years to improve things with the Astros system (they've signed a bunch of journeymen for the AAA club) and they don't pick nearly as high as the Sox do in this year's draft.

The Sox system may stink, but we certainly aren't the worst.

They are only two picks lower than the Sox this year at 10th overall.

jabrch
02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Read his blog, plenty of "pundits" believe Law was screwed because of his platform.

I don't need to read someone's blog when I have alreday read his work. He's just not dependable.

I believe there are only a handfull of baseball writers who even compare to Law at this point in time...

I agree. So few are as unreliable as Law but still are given a podium.

champagne030
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't need to read someone's blog when I have alreday read his work. He's just not dependable.

I agree. So few are as unreliable as Law but still are given a podium.

So are KW's picks, but he's still a GM. :?:

gr8mexico
02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Here is a nice read its old but still cool.
http://www.southsidesox.com/story/2006/6/6/0417/48153
It recaps old drafts