PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

greg biz
01-31-2008, 12:55 PM
New member, long time reader here...
With the new schedule out im getting excited about buying my tickets for this year. I usually just pick some games and get them off of ticketmaster, but i was wondering if you actually go to the ballpark to buy them do you not pay those extra surcharges that ticketmaster adds? or are those fee's still on there no matter where you buy them?

itsnotrequired
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
New member, long time reader here...
With the new schedule out im getting excited about buying my tickets for this year. I usually just pick some games and get them off of ticketmaster, but i was wondering if you actually go to the ballpark to buy them do you not pay those extra surcharges that ticketmaster adds? or are those fee's still on there no matter where you buy them?

No Ticketmaster fees at the ballpark.

skottyj242
01-31-2008, 01:00 PM
No Ticketmaster fees at the ballpark.

For the last couple of years they have not had first day sales at the ballpark. It's been all through the internet.

greg biz
01-31-2008, 01:05 PM
well thats nice of them, then ticketmaster can collect their fees :(:
does anyone know if thats true for this year again?

soxfan21
01-31-2008, 01:12 PM
For some games also, usually weekday games against average teams, you get better tickets at the stadium than you do on ticketmaster. For the better games, and most weekend games, unless you like upper deck seats you are better off going on stubhub or ticketmaster for tickets. I remember the days, before we won it all, when, for any game, you could just drive to the stadium and get good seats for basically any game you wanted. Even in 2005 I remember goin to an afternoon game in may and getting 1st row bleacher seats at the Cell. Those were the days.

itsnotrequired
01-31-2008, 01:53 PM
For the last couple of years they have not had first day sales at the ballpark. It's been all through the internet.

So what? They still don't charge Ticketmaster fees at the box office.

:dtroll:

DumpJerry
01-31-2008, 02:14 PM
For some games also, usually weekday games against average teams, you get better tickets at the stadium than you do on ticketmaster. For the better games, and most weekend games, unless you like upper deck seats you are better off going on stubhub or ticketmaster for tickets. I remember the days, before we won it all, when, for any game, you could just drive to the stadium and get good seats for basically any game you wanted. Even in 2005 I remember goin to an afternoon game in may and getting 1st row bleacher seats at the Cell. Those were the days.
The Sox hold back the better seats for their own Box Office sales. Also, when you go to the Box Office, as opposed to Ticketmonster, you can pick the exact seats you get.

greg biz
01-31-2008, 02:26 PM
i guess the only thing i worry about with going to the box office now is that when they are ready to sell the tickets if the games i wanted/seats i wanted will be available since you're saying they dont sell them the first couple days.
i guess calling the box office is the only way to find out the exact date they will start selling so ill have to do that.
what ive been doing is going to ticketmaster store locations, where you can pick your own seats which is great, that ticketmaster fee adds up though

comiskey2000
01-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Ebay is actually a great source for tickets as face value. Stubhub has some good deals, and some bad deals, but coupon codes are usually easy to come by. Plus you can get them now!

greg biz
01-31-2008, 03:10 PM
coupon codes?

skottyj242
01-31-2008, 03:13 PM
The Sox hold back the better seats for their own Box Office sales. Also, when you go to the Box Office, as opposed to Ticketmonster, you can pick the exact seats you get.

I guess. But you can reject seats on Ticketmolester. I hate being behind people at the box office, especially it it's a close to full game. "You have anything downstairs?" "Umm, no." "What about the bleachers." "That would be downstairs." "Ummmmmmm."

DumpJerry
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
I guess. But you can reject seats on Ticketmolester. I hate being behind people at the box office, especially it it's a close to full game. "You have anything downstairs?" "Umm, no." "What about the bleachers." "That would be downstairs." "Ummmmmmm."
Yes you can reject and see what pops up next. However, if you want a specific section and row, you may not get it on Ticketmonster.

My buddy recently had me stop off at the UC for Blakchawks tickets for his dad in a specific section and row. When he would enter the price category for the seats on Ticketmonster, he never got exactly what he wanted because there were "better" seats available. (TM offers "best available").

The thing that drives me crazy at the Box Office is you're in line 45 minutes before the game starts, it's a big game with tickets going fast and some goofball is in front of you buying a bunch of tickets for a future game two months away! They always want more than one game and the seats that are available for those games are not exactly what they need and they have to call their friends on the cell phone to check out the acceptability of what is being offered......:angry::angry:

itsnotrequired
01-31-2008, 04:44 PM
The thing that drives me crazy at the Box Office is you're in line 45 minutes before the game starts, it's a big game with tickets going fast and some goofball is in front of you buying a bunch of tickets for a future game two months away! They always want more than one game and the seats that are available for those games are not exactly what they need and they have to call their friends on the cell phone to check out the acceptability of what is being offered......:angry::angry:

As long as they are buying tickets for a different game, it won't affect the number of tickets available to you.

spiffie
01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
As long as they are buying tickets for a different game, it won't affect the number of tickets available to you.

Well except for the 15-20 other ticket windows around the park that are processing transactions at the same time, all moving quicker than you, and eventually leaving you to sit in Sec. 512

WizardsofOzzie
01-31-2008, 04:50 PM
coupon codes?
The Stubhub Coupon Thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80978)

P.S. :welcome:

greg biz
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
The Stubhub Coupon Thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80978)

P.S. :welcome:
thanks!

itsnotrequired
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Well except for the 15-20 other ticket windows around the park that are processing transactions at the same time, all moving quicker than you, and eventually leaving you to sit in Sec. 512

I sit in 520.