PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Non-Landmark 07 Moment?

Boondock Saint
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Everyone knows that 07 was a disappointing season, and it will be remembered for Buehrle's no-no, Bobby's 41 consecutive and big Jim's 500th homer. I was just wondering what everyone's favorite "regular game" moments were from last year.

Personally, I was at the Sox' August 8 win over CC Sabathia and Cleveland in 13 innings when JD and AJ hit game tying HR's in the 8th and 12th, respectively, and Uribe hitting a walk-off shot in the 13th to ease the pain of his two errors. Then later that week, Josh Fields hit his first career grand slam off of JJ Putz's first pitch in the bottom of the 9th in a 7-6 loss. The entire game pretty well sucked, as Gavin Floyd gave up all 7 runs in the first 4 innings off of 2 deep balls and I couldn't have had worse seats. But I remember leaving the game psyched about that one swing. Now it's your turn.

oeo
01-30-2008, 09:27 PM
September 7: The Twins score 6 runs in the top of the 9th to make it a 10-4 game. The Sox return the favor in the bottom half with 6 of their own. AJ wins it in the 13th with a bases loaded single.

Also, July 26...Fields' walk off bunt. :cool:

Sockinchisox
01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
May 6th @ LAA, I believe we were down 3-0 going into the 8th inning we got some lucky breaks and AJ hit a 2 run PH HR in the 8th to tie the game, then doubled in a run in the 10th to put us ahead 4-3 and we won.

sox1970
01-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Game 162, final out

Etownsox13
01-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Was at that Cleveland game, and that was a hell of a game, but I personally enjoyed the day-night doubleheader in late July against Detroit with a well pitched game #1 by Javy, and a three up three down save by Bobby. Game 2 the Sox were down 7-1 in the 6th, and they ended up winning 8-7 with another 3 straight retired save for Bobby. While we were already essentially out of it by then, I seem to remember that day being a big blow for Detroit in the standings.

tony1972
01-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I think when the Sox were down like 8 to 0..and came back and won...

SoxNation05
01-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Game 162, final out
2008=:redface:

batmanZoSo
01-30-2008, 09:45 PM
September 7: The Twins score 6 runs in the top of the 9th to make it a 10-4 game. The Sox return the favor in the bottom half with 6 of their own. AJ wins it in the 13th with a bases loaded single.

I was at that game but I left in the 5th inning to go to a party. I rule.

I was also at the 41 consecutive game and watched from RF as that ****ing **** ass ***** ball rolled through the left side for a hit.

DumpJerry
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
During the last game of the season a very loud guy sitting near me kept razzing Maggs about his need for a haircut. The guy was pretty funny. After three innings of this, the guy said something very funny (I don't remember what) and Maggs lost it and just started laughing. He waved at the guy when the inning ended.

Each inning after that, Maggs looked up towards the guy (who was sitting pretty high up in 111 around row 28 to give you an idea just how loud he was) and waved and smiled.

RowanDye
01-30-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't think this qualifies as a "landmark" moment, so I am going to say Jerry Owens' homerun. It was fun to watch how excited he was.

santo=dorf
01-31-2008, 12:07 AM
October 30th

White Sox declined outfielder Darin Erstad's $3.5 million club option for 2008.

Some upgrade over Brian Anderson that Erstad was. The 33-year-old hit .248/.310/.335 to finish with a sub-700 OPS for the third straight year and the fifth time in seven seasons. He gets a $250,000 buyout as he becomes a free agent

White Sox declined LHP Mike Myers' $1.1 million club option for 2008.
The White Sox kept saying nice things about Myers even after some dreadful results in month and a half with the club, but they didn't want him back badly enough to guaranee him nearly three times the minimum. He'll likely be offered a minor league contract or maybe a lesser one-year deal by the club.

Frontman
01-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Watching my son's reaction to the scoreboard when Darrin Erstad hit a home run; his (my son's) first home run in person. So Darrin did at least ONE thing right in a Sox uniform. :wink:

Later that day, watching him run the bases at USCF for the first time.

Then, at a game later in the season, him asking me if they could score runs without a home run, just in time for Jermaine to put one out and for him to go "Oh no, here they go again," and put his head down (we were on the upper deck.)

It's those memories that I'll remember of 2007.

But in retrospect, I guess they'll remain landmark moments.

Ah well. I think you all get the point.

:D:

soxfanreggie
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Oeo beat me to it: September 7: The Twins score 6 runs in the top of the 9th to make it a 10-4 game. The Sox return the favor in the bottom half with 6 of their own. AJ wins it in the 13th with a bases loaded single.

WhiteSox5187
01-31-2008, 12:45 AM
The PA announcement when we re-signed Buerhle, my brother called me and said "They're making some announcement over the PA about Buerhle..." and my brother sounded sad like this wasn't good news and then I heard a termendous cheer and knew we re-signed him...that was one of the few good things to come out of this season.

kaufsox
01-31-2008, 12:54 AM
sox win at Yankee Stadium. I was there with my dad, pretty special day, even if he's a Cleveland Indians fan.

skottyj242
01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
My favorite game was I think Halfway to St. Pats night, it was freezing and we won it in the bottom of the 9th against I believe the California by way of Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

I also sat in the like the third row behind first for the last five or so innings against the Royals wearing my Ross Gload jersey screaming every time he made a web gem worthy defensive play and when he came running into the dugout. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, Harold Baines was laughing his ass off at me and said something to him. The next inning he threw me a ball. It made my day.

I made John Danks feel bad in Pittsburgh during batting practice because he threw a ball to a Pirates fan. Then he got a ball from Nick Masset and walked it over to me. Then taking the worlds worst picture with Toby Hall.

Having a blast in Baltimore with Wilkes and crew.

Going to Cleveland the second weekend of the season and freezing our asses off.

Taking Jenn's cousin (RIP Anthony) to his first professional baseball game and seeing the excitement on his face taking in the whole thing. The little guy froze his butt off but man he was a trooper and he enjoyed himself.

Seeing Aaron Rowand hit a grand slam off of us in Philly prompting us to get up and leave.

Taking my brother to a meaningless afternoon game at the end of summer in his Army uniform and having pretty much the whole section clap for him when we walked out. (Stay classy 158) Also having Toby Hall call me down to give me a ball for him.

Going to another meaningless day game and sitting with a ready to pop Mrs. Wilkes enjoying Super Tacos.

Tailgating almost every home game with pdimas, cwsfannick, Jenn2080, Chips, TheDude, Itsnotrequired, Jose and the rest of you sucks.

I loved 2007, sure they sucked but the experience of being at the ballpark and the friendships and the camaraderie are unbeatable. Bring on 2008. I am so ready.

North Sox Sider
01-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Nick Masset's effort against the Cubs at Wrigley. AJ hit a grand slam in that game and it prevented the Cubs from sweeping the series.

Frontman
01-31-2008, 10:19 AM
The PA announcement when we re-signed Buerhle, my brother called me and said "They're making some announcement over the PA about Buerhle..." and my brother sounded sad like this wasn't good news and then I heard a termendous cheer and knew we re-signed him...that was one of the few good things to come out of this season.

Ok, that was a good day. That was the day after we went to see them play, (it was our 10th anniversary.) Buehrle was pitching; and I noticed how when he came out for his last inning it was just him and AJ for just a few moments.

I even mentioned to my friends, "Probably going to be the last time he warms up in a Sox uniform."

The next day, just seeing Mark shaking hands with everyone, I'm thinking he's so gone; or just told he was gone. It bummed me out and I was already exhausted and crawled into bed for a nap just as the game was ending. When they came back after the game for the wrap-up, and Hawk said, "Sox fans, we've got some great news for you."

That was better than a 5-hour energy drink. BOOYAH!

Jerko
01-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Every meaningless weekday game tops my list. Beats work.

As for a specific moment, it was during one of the first, and worst, games of the year. Game ****in 2. Aardsma strikes out the side with the bags jammed in the 8th inning down a run. The rest of those last 3 innings though, ugh, that was our whole season's story in a nutshell........

chisoxmike
01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
The Elvis Night game was probably the most fun I had at the park last year. It was a good game too.

The 9/7 game against the Twins was awesome.

soxfan21
01-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Every meaningless weekday game tops my list. Beats work.

As for a specific moment, it was during one of the first, and worst, games of the year. Game ****in 2. Aardsma strikes out the side with the bags jammed in the 8th inning down a run. The rest of those last 3 innings though, ugh, that was our whole season's story in a nutshell........
I remember being at this game, and was goin nuts after Aardsma got everyone out. Then I remember going home really pissed and thinking ohh well, we only let one get away from us, still have the rest of the season to look forward too. Guess I was a little off on this one.
My most memorable game that I was at this past season had to be the first satuday home game against the twins when it was like 10 degrees out and it started to snow late in the game. Vazquez was the starting pitcher and we got out of that game with a W. One of the better games of the year.

chisoxfanatic
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
That was my favorite as well. I stayed for the entire game, as did the season ticketholders in the row behind me. That was fun!

soxinem1
01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Oeo beat me to it: September 7: The Twins score 6 runs in the top of the 9th to make it a 10-4 game. The Sox return the favor in the bottom half with 6 of their own. AJ wins it in the 13th with a bases loaded single.

Probably one of the best, and most bizzare moments of the season.

areilly
01-31-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm going to get killed for this, but I remember watching the first few innings of the 7/21 game against Boston in a hotel room in Indianapolis. Boston was up 4-1 in the bottom of the 6th when we left; in the time it took to find a place showing the game, it was 11-1 in the top of the 8th.

Later someone told me exactly how that went down (thank you, Dewon Day), and I couldn't stop laughing. The season was over; now we could relax.

chisox77
01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
It was the last series of the season at home against Detroit.

Juan Uribe blows two chances to bunt. Then by the force of his unique ability in making the easy thing impossible, then executing the more difficult thing, he drills an opposite field single to win the game.

jenn2080
01-31-2008, 03:24 PM
The Elvis Night game was probably the most fun I had at the park last year. It was a good game too.

The 9/7 game against the Twins was awesome.

Elvis night def. sticks out the most for me. I took 10 of my out of town family members and about 10 from Chicago to their first ever Sox game. We tailgated with Jose and people and sat in 158. We had so much fun that game. I also brought my 10 yr old cousin down by the bullpen where Toby Hall gave the little guy a ball. It made his day.

The next would be what Skotty said about taking my little cousin from Ohio to his first baseball game. It was about 20 degrees out and we froze our asses off, but we still tailgated and had a blast. We asked the kids about the 4th inning if they wanted to leave and they had no desire to leave. They were having so much fun. We had to take him to get a Sox shirt and hat because he could not go to a game without something to wear. The Sox actually won that game too.

The Milkman
01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Game 162, final out

Amen.

Rockman218
01-31-2008, 05:46 PM
The first game i went to this year, and the only win i went to, (1-5) Carlos Lee commits an error in the outfield, and everyone in left field razzes him. Then after reaching base, he get's caught in a rundown. I guess his manager was chewing him out, because it took him a while to get back on the field, and as he headed our way, Everybody's yelling, "Hey way to go El Cabayo!" He laughed, took his hat off, and waved to us.

Taliesinrk
01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Stone calling Juanie's walk-off.. classic

chisoxmike
01-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Sonte calling Juanie's walk-off.. classic

:hawk
"STONE PONY!"

Brian26
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
The first game i went to this year, and the only win i went to, (1-5) Carlos Lee commits an error in the outfield, and everyone in left field razzes him. Then after reaching base, he get's caught in a rundown. I guess his manager was chewing him out, because it took him a while to get back on the field, and as he headed our way, Everybody's yelling, "Hey way to go El Cabayo!" He laughed, took his hat off, and waved to us.

What year DIDN'T that happen? :redneck

:caballo
"Don't forget the time I got my jersey stuck on the Green Monster."

rowand33
01-31-2008, 11:27 PM
game three of the Sox-Rangers series in Arlington (the game where Gonzalez had three throwing errors in one inning. Possibly the single worst performance, both offensively and defensively, I've ever seen out of a professional athlete at the highest level), I caught my first ever foul ball off the bat of Nelson Cruz.

Phil Bradley
02-01-2008, 03:58 AM
May 6th @ LAA, I believe we were down 3-0 going into the 8th inning we got some lucky breaks and AJ hit a 2 run PH HR in the 8th to tie the game, then doubled in a run in the 10th to put us ahead 4-3 and we won.

I was there the 5th, the Sox won pretty easily as I remember. I sat down the right field line. Nothing sticks out about that game but I had a good time and went to Disneyland on whim afterwards. I listened to the Sunday game as I drove home and was on California Hwy 154 high above Santa Barbara when the game ended.

I was at opening night in Oakland when the Sox silenced some of their Mausoleum demons but I was there the next night when Jenks blew a 1 -0 lead in the bottom of the 9th and had to deal with Oakland's hospitable fans.

Looking forward to the Sox - Giants at AT&T Park this May

IlliniSox4Life
02-01-2008, 05:11 AM
Sonte calling Juanie's walk-off.. classic

That's a good one, I forgot about. I was at my friend's, who is a Cubs fan, house watching the game. He didn't know Stone was filling in, and we were just talking about how much we both really liked Stone. He knew more about him though, and was telling me how much he knew his baseball and how often he is right about everything. An inning later he calls the walk-off. We couldn't stop laughing about how cool that was.

I went to a couple games with my dad and brothers. Those are always special for me and I really enjoy them. We almost caught a HR ball one game too.

I enjoyed re-signing Buehrle too, what a great moment. I was in my car listening to the radio driving home when I heard it, and I actually started cheering and yelling for a few minutes. Thank God I was alone.