PDA

View Full Version : Ever wondered?

MaggPipes
04-21-2002, 09:46 PM
What we would do if we made the World Series and were playing in an NL Park???

You have to sit Konerko or Thomas, what the He!L do you do if they are both hot??????? THAT TOTALLY SCREWS OUR LINE_UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11

OfficerKarkovice
04-21-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes

You have to sit Konerko or Thomas, what the He!L do you do if they are both hot??????? THAT TOTALLY SCREWS OUR LINE_UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11

Ummm...hey Paul...remember back in Little League when you used to catch sometimes? What do you say you see how the ol' gear fits these days.

Pete_SSAC
04-21-2002, 09:48 PM

If they are both hot, that's a no brainer. Paulie takes second because he's better defensivly.

- Pete

doublem23
04-21-2002, 09:51 PM

LOL... Paul can pitch! :D:

Seriously, though.. Let's get there first.

MaggPipes
04-21-2002, 09:53 PM
I know, but i just thought of that......
We would be screwed....
JM needs to make Konerko play third in practice as much as possible, so he can for a coule of games just in case
then move Jose to SS and you are trading Konerko for Roice...that is a huge thing....

TimChamp
04-21-2002, 10:11 PM
I know, but i just thought of that......
We would be screwed....
JM needs to make Konerko play third in practice as much as possible, so he can for a coule of games just in case
then move Jose to SS and you are trading Konerko for Roice...that is a huge thing....

I don't know...Konehead's defense at third (remember two years ago???)...oh well, when we get there, I would be all for it... :D:

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2002, 10:13 PM
the nl team would have a similar problem when playing in the al because they would have to play a dh, which is better than their pitcher but he will not be compare to our dh.

cheeses_h_rice
04-21-2002, 10:21 PM

Let's not be doing the White Sox equivalent of :bluerock here, please.

We made a lot of fun of Flub fans last year for planning their postseason lineups in June. Yes, the Sox are kicking butt, but it's still early and there's not much chance we'll maintain a .320 team average for the year. Let's wait 'til they actually win the division or WC before discussing WS, OK?

jklm
04-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Paulie: .352/.351/.535 1BB in 71AB before today's game
Frank: .300/.413/.567 12BB in 60AB

Paulie is playing very well but don't forget Big Hurt's greatness! I wish Paulie will walk a bit more since it will help the team more when he (understandably) has a slump or two in this long season.

kingpin_rcs
04-21-2002, 11:10 PM
Both Frank and Paulie are hot and a decision is needed on how to write the line-up for a world series game in the NL park.

Wow, what a great problem to have. I would love to have that problem. If I end up losing sleep over that, it will be the best sleepless night I ever had (Yes, that's what I said!).

If there is currently anybody in the Sox organization that is thinking about this "problem" they should be fired. I'm sure the Cubes will hire them.

Getting to that point would also mean that the sox would have won not one but TWO post season series!

You need to go back to 1906 and 1917 - before my grandfather was born to find that last TWO post season series the Sox have won.