PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Club renewals anyone?

KenBerryGrab
01-30-2008, 03:12 PM
The thread on spring training radio brought up the MLB radio package, which is part of the Sox Pride Club offering. I've been a member the first two years, and I got a note about "automatic renewal" in the fall. As yet, no credit cards have been charged, and I imagine I'll have to sign up.

Has anyone been "automatically renewed"?

Jaysox
01-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I had a subscription to MLB.com last year and they renewed it without my approval. I just got HDTV this year and to my suprise, they have a bunch of MLB channels that come with the package. So I'm *pretty* sure I'll get to see a lot of sox games. If not, then I'm getting comcast chicago (as I live in Missouri, tired of hearing about the redbirds and royals.)

Also, this is my first post and I'd like to point out that my name, in no way, refers to Jay Mari****head.

Go Sox!

soxfan21
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I renewed it in early January, and have been having problems getting back into the sox pride club website. I have been emailing them back and forth and have even called them up about this problem. They told me this was a problem that some of the renewing members have had. So if you do renew, be careful. I'm not saying that this is going to happen to you but just letting you know what has happend to me, and evidentally others as well. I only renewed basically for the radio, and the t-shirt. The ticket perks do not mean that much to me any more since I got the 27 game plan this year.

KenBerryGrab
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks for that information!

The presale is nice for me, as I'm out of state and not a season ticket holder.

PalehosePlanet
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I had a subscription to MLB.com last year and they renewed it without my approval. I just got HDTV this year and to my suprise, they have a bunch of MLB channels that come with the package. So I'm *pretty* sure I'll get to see a lot of sox games. If not, then I'm getting comcast chicago (as I live in Missouri, tired of hearing about the redbirds and royals.)

Also, this is my first post and I'd like to point out that my name, in no way, refers to Jay Mari****head.

Go Sox!

Welcome aboard Jaysox!!

soxfan1983
02-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for that information!

The presale is nice for me, as I'm out of state and not a season ticket holder.

Have you received an email about the presale yet? I've been able to log into the Sox Pride site but I haven't heard anything about the presale dates or code to access it.

soxfan21
02-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Have you received an email about the presale yet? I've been able to log into the Sox Pride site but I haven't heard anything about the presale dates or code to access it.
I know that last year I received an email the day before the tickets went on sale to sox pride club members with the code in it. I would say that if you don't get an email by the 13th that you should call them up and ask them about it.

KenBerryGrab
02-04-2008, 02:08 PM
No, I haven't heard a thing. That's why I started the thread. Glad to hear someone else is in the same boat.

Jason82807
02-05-2008, 10:04 AM
I just renewed my Premier membership. I thought it auto-renewed but I guess they had an old cc on file and they couldn't charge it.

EddieStickney
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I was in the same boat... kept checking my CC statements and no charges, so I went on the other day and signed up again.

KenBerryGrab
02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, well, look what just showed up in the old in-box:

================================================== =========
SOX PRIDE CLUB
-----------------------------------------------------------
February 5, 2008
================================================== =========

Thank you for being a member of the 2007 Sox Pride Club.
As a past member, we encourage you to check out the details
and join the 2008 club - and if you choose, you don't have
to do a thing: your membership (same tier as last year)
will renew automatically on Saturday, March 1!

However, as a special offer to SPC members, if you buy a 2008
membership by this Monday, February 11 at 12 CT, you will have
the exclusive opportunity to take part in an individual-game ticket
presale on Wednesday, February 13, two days prior to the public
on-sale date.

The 2008 club features all of the same perks as last season but
with even more chances to buy tickets in the SPC section of
U.S. Cellular Field - not to mention more perks along the way.
And remember, with a Premier membership, you have access to
tickets for ALL 2008 home games - including Opening Day and
Sox/Cubs - as well as a special gift!

Click here to buy a membership now >>

EddieStickney
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Kinda shady that they wouldn't renew until after the Pride Club presale date.... I'm glad I already renewed mine.

KenBerryGrab
02-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Kinda shady that they wouldn't renew until after the Pride Club presale date....

Ya think? :mad:

It's Dankerific
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know how to cancel the autorenew?? The fact I can't get a t-shirt that fits me and the way the pride club auctions went (see my ranting first posts on the board), I don't want this!

kninchicago
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Kinda shady that they wouldn't renew until after the Pride Club presale date.... I'm glad I already renewed mine.

Why? If you're a current member shouldn't there be no break in membership when you renew?

I don't see how this makes a difference.

KenBerryGrab
02-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Why? If you're a current member shouldn't there be no break in membership when you renew?

I don't see how this makes a difference.

Read the e-mail the club sent out. No early renew, no seat presale.

kninchicago
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
That doesn't seem too shady, it's spelled out if you read the email. They are probably looking to increase cash flow for the short term.

At least they emailed it to y'all. I dropped out of that last year when I got cable and didn't want the online radio any more.

KenBerryGrab
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
The Internet radio is nice for those weekday games when working.

kninchicago
02-06-2008, 04:10 PM
The Internet radio is nice for those weekday games when working.

That's what I used to use it for!

Also this is probably the opposite of shady, actually--if you HAVE to renew to get the early lead on ST, then there'll be less of a market trying to get them all at once.

Hm. Now I'm thinking of joining again just to get the ST.

KenBerryGrab
02-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, it turns out the auto-renewal members get the presale after all.

BA4MVP
02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Has anyone received an email with a password for the SPC members presale yet?

sox1970
02-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Has anyone received an email with a password for the SPC members presale yet?

Yes, mine was received at 2:35am this morning.

BA4MVP
02-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Great, i still havnt received mine. I called MLB.com and they said there is nothing they could do for me.
Is the password an account number or a word?

MinnySoxFan
02-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Great, i still havnt received mine. I called MLB.com and they said there is nothing they could do for me.
Is the password an account number or a word?

word.

RustyKuntz
02-14-2008, 12:02 PM
This Pride Club is total garbage! I'm so angry right now.

I signed up for the first time 2 weeks ago specifically to take advantage of the presale. I never received an email with the pass code. I called for the pass code today and the one the operator gave me doesn't work.

The operator was completely CLUELESS! Ridiculous! :angry:

There's $30 I'll never get back. :angry:

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

itsnotrequired
02-14-2008, 12:04 PM
There's $30 I'll never get back. :angry:

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

You still get the GameDay Audio plus the chance to purchase tickets later in the season.

RustyKuntz
02-14-2008, 12:15 PM
You still get the GameDay Audio plus the chance to purchase tickets later in the season.

Thanks for helping me look on the bright side. But gameday audio doesn't interest me, since I live in Chicago. I paid to purchase tickets now. That's it.

The operators at MLB.com said that everyone is calling in and they're having a lot of trouble with the program.

The only thing they could do was give me an email address. Not exactly a speedy solution.

I hate being mad at the White Sox. :angry:

itsnotrequired
02-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks for helping me look on the bright side. But gameday audio doesn't interest me, since I live in Chicago. I paid to purchase tickets now. That's it.

The operators at MLB.com said that everyone is calling in and they're having a lot of trouble with the program.

The only thing they could do was give me an email address. Not exactly a speedy solution.

I hate being mad at the White Sox. :angry:

I've used the GameDay Audio feature more than I thought I would. I don't have a radio at work and am on the road from time-to-time. Also, you can listen to all the team's games so I'll catch some Brewer games every once in a while. I also fired it up when Bucholz was throwing his no-hitter last season.

There is a reserved section of seats in the outfield that is set aside for Pride members. Sales pop-up throughout the year and are accesable only to Pride members. Definitely sucks to miss out on the presale but it isn't a total loss.

RustyKuntz
02-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Whew. I've calmed down now. I found the pass-code in another thread. Thank you whitesoxinteractive!

:smile:

Jason82807
02-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Whew. I've calmed down now. I found the pass-code in another thread. Thank you whitesoxinteractive!

:smile:

Also, does anyone know where the 60-seat SPC section is? Last year it was in like 100/101 but last I heard they haven't determined where it will be this year. That would be real shady if they were upper deck (unless they were premium upper box)