PDA

View Full Version : Cubs now in last place!


HawkDJ
04-21-2002, 07:48 PM
With the Cubs loss to the Reds and the Brewers win over the Cardinals the Cubs are now in last place! Something very familiar for Cubbies and Cubbie fans..

Pirates 12-5
Reds 10-8
Cardinals 9-10
Astros 8-10
Brewers 7-12
Cubs 6-11

Congrats! :gulp:

TimChamp
04-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
With the Cubs loss to the Reds and the Brewers win over the Cardinals the Cubs are now in last place! Something very familiar for Cubbies and Cubbie fans..

Pirates 12-5
Reds 10-8
Cardinals 9-10
Astros 8-10
Brewers 7-12
Cubs 6-11

Congrats! :gulp:

Yeah, what really surprises me is the 12-5 record of Pitt...how did they ever accomplish that feat??? :?:

Oh well, it is the beginning of the season, I don't think they'll get too far... :gulp:

doublem23
04-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp


Yeah, what really surprises me is the 12-5 record of Pitt...how did they ever accomplish that feat??? :?:

They played the Cubs 6 or 7 times already. :smile:

Those are wins in the bag!

TimChamp
04-21-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


They played the Cubs 6 or 7 times already. :smile:

Those are wins in the bag!

OH YEAH!!! HAHA! I forgot about that...they totally manhandled the sCrUBS...that doesn't sound right, but oh well... :D:

WinningUgly!
04-21-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp


Yeah, what really surprises me is the 12-5 record of Pitt...how did they ever accomplish that feat??? :?:

:KW
I don't know, but I've been getting loads of thank you cards post marked from Pittsburgh.

TimChamp
04-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!


:KW
I don't know, but I've been getting loads of thank you cards post marked from Pittsburgh.

HAHA...yeah, my only two regrets are Fogg and Lowe... :angry:

No need to cry :whiner: over spilt milk :gulp: , but let's hope Ritchie can have a Cy Young season and maybe that will make up for it... :D:

RedPinStripes
04-21-2002, 11:04 PM
What about the flubs attendance?

Nellie_Fox
04-22-2002, 12:07 AM
Wait, they can't fold yet! It's not even June, and their fans haven't been able to be full of their usual early-season euphoria!

bc2k
04-22-2002, 12:38 AM
So does this mean the cubs will have to wait another three years before they can have back to back winning seasons? Man, even if I were a Cub fan at birth, I would have to look at their history and switch to the south-side. I feel kind of bad for them.

cheeses_h_rice
04-22-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
So does this mean the cubs will have to wait another three years before they can have back to back winning seasons? Man, even if I were a Cub fan at birth, I would have to look at their history and switch to the south-side. I feel kind of bad for them.

It will be exactly 30 years and counting if the Flubbies can't finish at that magic .500 mark this year. 1971-72 was the last time they had back-to-back above .500 seasons.

And people wonder why we make fun of Flubbie fans...

foulkesfan11
04-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Was there ever any doubt that they would end up there again. :D: