PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts

brumski
01-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I haven't posted much on here, but I stop by to read when I have some time to kill. Anyway, here is my question (everyone get their nifty jpeg images ready). Why is it so crazy for someone to post a crazy trade idea on this board? And, why is it deemed outrageous when someone gives their thoughts on next year's line-up? I mean, every thread I read starts with someone's idea and ends with 4-5 pages of people with 2000 posts claiming that the poster is not knowledgeable and boring and that his thread is worthless. Is the purpose of this board for you to gain excitement by posting as many "crazy" pictures of your cat as you can come up with? It is the biggest flaw that this site has. Why cant you simply IGNORE a post that you don't agree with rather than wasting 5 pages with fluff? Or, maybe you could write something insightful? And, what guy owns a cat, anyway? Please don't delete this post. It is simply insightful criticism and I would like to hear some excuses.

spawn
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't know...maybe it's because some of the crazy trade ideas posted here are.....crazy? :dunno:

And I'm a guy. I own a cat. Is that a problem?

WhiteSox5187
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Because everyone who posts here is smarter than everyone else who posts here.

Hokiesox
01-29-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm not

batmanZoSo
01-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Because people are jerks and this isn't face to face interaction. That's why every message board is like how you describe.

So asking us or implying that it's a WSI thing doesn't even scratch the surface. Some people here need years of psychiatric help in Vienna in order to fix what ails them.

Why is it so crazy for someone to post a crazy trade idea on this board?

I have a crazy friend who thinks eating meat is bad. Is he crazy?

spawn
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I know I am. :wink:

thedudeabides
01-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I think if you spend some time here, you get to understand the personalities of most posters. It is usually good natured. If you follow the rules, this is probably the fairest, and one of the more tame message boards I have been on.

Sure there can be some heated debates, but it wouldn't be fun if there weren't.

LITTLE NELL
01-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I dont know if im smarter than some of the people who post on these boards, but I am older and wiser. The wise thing is to just ignore a response that you dont like. Most of my posts have recieved good responses but there are a few posters who think they are smarter than KW, Ozzie, et al. Those are the ones you should ignore.

asindc
01-29-2008, 05:56 PM
To answer your question directly, some people seem to post wild, baseless trade rumors just to provoke argument/ranting/flailing of arms/knashing of teeth. When you've been here awhile, you will be able to distinguish those from more legitimate rumors.

Jjav829
01-29-2008, 06:03 PM
http://lolcats.com/images/u/07/24/lolcatsdotcomvpvo45lw3m530p50.jpg

Jjav829
01-29-2008, 06:06 PM

No, just ignorant. You see your crazy friend has never heard of the fake trade rumor cycle.

voodoochile
01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I own a cat...:?:

doublem23
01-29-2008, 06:12 PM

Don't kid yourself. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about.

You should probably have him check out this video. Very informative.

http://barfblog.foodsafety.ksu.edu/meat.and.you.simpsons.jpg