PDA

View Full Version : Decent article explaining Sox moves

Sockinchisox
01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
http://www.csweekly.com/weeklyColumns/article/id/124

It's by one of my least favorite writers in Dayn Perry but I think it's a pretty good write-up of all the Sox moves this offseason.

Corlose 15
01-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of articles that basically state that Sox fans are being duped . Sox fans won't support financially a team that they really don't feel will contend, they have always demanded that from the Sox brass.

I also don't get the idea that they Sox need to be stripped bare and rebuild from scratch like all these writers are suggesting. In the span of the the second half of '07 to now KW has assembled some promising young talent on the major league roster. Going into '08 as it stands now LF, CF, 2B, 3B, and 3/5 of the rotation will be under 30 and Buehrle is the only one of those who is over 27. Konerko and AJ are only thirty one, Dye and Cabera are 34. The only real age issues are Thome and Contreras. This team isn't as old and slow as everyone seems to think it is.

When you have that much young talent on the major league roster, having a thriving farm system isn't as important.

The way I look at it, KW has not only made this team better than last year but he's also opened the window of contention a little bit as well.

thedudeabides
01-29-2008, 02:10 PM
You lost me at Dayn Perry...

skobabe8
01-29-2008, 02:20 PM
You lost me at Dayn Perry...

He's just happy Pods is gone.

Sockinchisox
01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I just like the write up he had on the moves, not his opinion on how the Sox will do. His views on Swisher, Quentin etc.

Gammons Peter
01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
not sure if I can read anything written by a guy that spells Dan with a Y