PDA

View Full Version : Sleepover @ Comiskey?

Streets
04-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Just wondering what people thought of the Sleepover @ Comiskey promotion....June 8-9 watch one game, stay over and camp out, then watch Sunday's game. Think they'll get a big crowd for this? Anyone planning on going?

YOFrankie
04-21-2002, 06:13 PM
They're not let people set camp on the field, are they? Can't imagine sleeping in the stands either.

Streets
04-21-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by YOFrankie
They're not let people set camp on the field, are they? Can't imagine sleeping in the stands either.

According to Chicagosports.com:
The date for the sleepover is the evening of June 8, a Saturday night game against the soon-to-be-contracted Montreal Expos. Fans can watch the Saturday night game and fireworks, camp out on the outfield grass, catch a movie on the Jumbotron, sleep over on the grass, get a pregame meal and workout on Sunday and stay for the Sunday afternoon game. No word from the Sox on whether pajamas are optional.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Streets
According to Chicagosports.com:
The date for the sleepover is the evening of June 8, a Saturday night game against the soon-to-be-contracted Montreal Expos. Fans can watch the Saturday night game and fireworks, camp out on the outfield grass, catch a movie on the Jumbotron, sleep over on the grass, get a pregame meal and workout on Sunday and stay for the Sunday afternoon game. No word from the Sox on whether pajamas are optional.

Now, you just KNOW there are going to be couples doing the nasty inside their tents and sleeping bags, just so they can say they did it at Comiskey.

Imagine pointing out to your friends exactly where you did it each time a home game is televised.

I'll go, if I can drag Mrs. PHG with me.

:gulp:

NorthSideConvert
04-21-2002, 07:04 PM
But will we get to shower in the clubhouse? I am so there, should be a blast.

NSC

Chisox_cali
04-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Man that sounds like the coolest promotion! I really wish I was in Chicago :whiner: If that promotion works out good, that could be a keeper and maybe they'll do it a couple times a year so maybe one day I can go. :smile:

dougs78
04-21-2002, 07:11 PM
Yes, I read that last night as well. I really can't wait to hear more of the specifics. I can guarantee I will be there in a heartbeat. I am just wondering where everyone will be sleeping. I also am anxious to hear how many fans will be able to do it and what you will have to do to sign up. I already have it marked on my calendar for a weekend trip to Chicago!

doublem23
04-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Now, you just KNOW there are going to be couples doing the nasty inside their tents and sleeping bags, just so they can say they did it at Comiskey.

:moron
Just like you smut Sox fans.. Why would anyone want to sleep in Comiskey in that "so-so neighborhood" when Wrigley is so much cooler? It is... Just ask my cubs, I mean, kids.

CaptainJinks
05-17-2002, 11:06 PM
I called Comiskey a month ago when I first heard of this promotion and spoke with Nicole Arceneaux, Manager of Community Relations. She explained that the promotion was only being offered to season ticket holders at the time, but promised to get back to me if/when tickets were available to the public.
Lo and behold, she called me back this week and said that 1/2 of the tickets were still unsold.
Well, my brother and I ordered our tickets today; we are really excited about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Anyone else going? Here are some of the details from a flyer sent to season ticket holders:

COMISKEY PARK “SLEEPOVER”

SATURDAY, JUNE 8TH AND SUNDAY, JUNE 9th

$250 per person to benefit Chicago White Sox Charities

This unique baseball experience includes:

· Opportunity to sleep on the Comiskey Park outfield grass! (BYOSB – Bring your own sleeping bag)

· Game tickets for the Saturday and Sunday games vs. the Montreal Expos

· Preferred overnight parking

· Saturday evening postgame event in the Comiskey Park Patio

- Meet and greet other sleepover guests

- Silent Auction of unique White Sox experiences & memorabilia

· Midnight movie on the Comiskey Park Jumbotron with snacks and beverages

· Sunday morning continental breakfast at sunrise with special guests

· “Rise and shine” workout in FUNdamentals

· Take a splash in the Comiskey Park outfield shower (for the brave - with bathing suits, of course!)

· Early access to the Kids Day autograph lines

· Special T-shirt for those who stay until the end of the game on Sunday!!

Our seats for the Saturday game are sec #157 or #158; Sunday we are in sec #101. The movie will be baseball themed, most likely "The Natural" (but the final decision has not yet been made). No alcoholic beverages will be allowed on the field.
That's all the information I have at this time. I can post more info when my package arrives this week, or answer any questions anyone might have as best I can.

Garrison
05-17-2002, 11:24 PM
This promotion sounds awesome! I really wish I had the $250 to go. If I had a girl I would definately want to say I did it at Comiskey. Maybe someday they'll do it again and I can go. Sounds like a great idea.
If a lot of ppl show up does that mean K Willy can make a trade?
:reinsy
"NEVER!"

hsc1
05-18-2002, 12:08 AM
tickets are almost gone but i did manage to get mine... nsc ill bring the margaritas you bring the terryaki......meat ya at my bag.....lol....

RedPinStripes
05-18-2002, 04:36 AM
Why do i have a bad feeling about this? Something is going to happen and the ass and the moron will harp on the subject if it's made pubic of someone getting ripped off, beat up, laid, sick from drinking, or someone gets busted with wakki tabakki.

I think of this because there are some people who are kinda like me and i would cover almost all of the above.

:ass
Sox can't do anything right

:moron
Comiskey Park. the new whore house , drug house , and road house.

foulkesfan11
05-19-2002, 12:14 PM
There's not many tickets left, I heard. I may go. I've already done a back filp in center field (at the season ticket holder party last year). I'd love to say that I slept there too!

JoeBatters
05-20-2002, 11:27 AM
This is an X-FILE !

CaptainJinks
06-07-2002, 05:58 PM
Hurray! It's finally here! Who else is going? I'll be wearing my "Totally Biased" WSI t-shirt; come and say hello.

doublem23
06-07-2002, 06:24 PM
Sorry I won't be able to grace the park with my presence, but I am a dirt poor college kid now.

:)