PDA

View Full Version : Twins PA Announcer

Paulwny
04-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Minnesota Twins management has had enough Chuck Knoblauch bashing. After the Kansas City Royals outfielder caught A.J. Pierzynski's fly in the fifth Wednesday, a fan threw an object on the field at the ex-Twin. It caused a delay and prompted a lecture from P.A. announcer Bob Casey: "Act like grown-ups. This is Minnesota-nice." Casey is the same man who informed that a bomb threat had been phoned in to Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington and told Twins fans: "Ladies and gentlemen, your attention: "There's a bomb in the stadium."

TimChamp
04-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Minnesota Twins management has had enough Chuck Knoblauch bashing. After the Kansas City Royals outfielder caught A.J. Pierzynski's fly in the fifth Wednesday, a fan threw an object on the field at the ex-Twin. It caused a delay and prompted a lecture from P.A. announcer Bob Casey: "Act like grown-ups. This is Minnesota-nice." Casey is the same man who informed that a bomb threat had been phoned in to Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington and told Twins fans: "Ladies and gentlemen, your attention: "There's a bomb in the stadium."

LOL! You're killin' me smalls! :D:

Viva Magglio
04-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp

LOL! You're killin' me smalls! :D:

Great line from The Sandlot

Chisox353014
04-22-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Casey is the same man who informed that a bomb threat had been phoned in to Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington and told Twins fans: Ladies and gentlemen, your attention: There's a bomb in the stadium.

He really said that? That reminds me of Julie Hagerty's line from Airplane:
"By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

FarmerAndy
04-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

That reminds me of Julie Hagerty's line from Airplane:
"By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

"You ever fallen in the mud and been kicked in the head with an iron boot? No, of course you haven't. Nobody has. That doesn't happen. I'm sorry Ted, that was a dumb question. Skip that."