PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's WINNING Pick to Click


PaleHoseGeorge
04-21-2002, 04:36 PM
The pitching was horrible, but the bats were hot and the defense was OUTSTANDING!

"Where would this team be without me?" :lofton

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

More to follow.

Go Sox!

voodoochile
04-21-2002, 04:39 PM
It was either him for his game saving defense, or the bullpen for pitchin 5 innings of SO ball, but I guess KL is one reason they didn't score...

Why'd they give the win to Osuna? Makeup for last time?

rmusacch
04-21-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It was either him for his game saving defense, or the bullpen for pitchin 5 innings of SO ball, but I guess KL is one reason they didn't score...

Why'd they give the win to Osuna? Makeup for last time?

I think he was the pitcher when the Sox took the lead.

sox_fan_4life
04-21-2002, 04:40 PM
woohoo, finally I am on the board.

rmusacch
04-21-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The pitching was horrible, but the bats were hot and the defense was OUTSTANDING!

"Where would this team be without me?" :lofton

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

More to follow.

Go Sox!

The bullpen actually pitched pretty well today. They pitched 5 innings and gave up 4 hits and no runs.

cheeses_h_rice
04-21-2002, 04:55 PM
So I take it that everyone on this board gives KW some credit for KL's signing?

I sure do. This ranks up there with Navarro/Snyder for Eldred/Valentin.

:gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-21-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
So I take it that everyone on this board gives KW some credit for KL's signing?

I sure do. This ranks up there with Navarro/Snyder for Eldred/Valentin.

:gulp:

I give KW credit. However, the Lofton acquisition reflects more deeply on the stupidity of every other major league GM not to sign this guy with the sort of cheap contract he was available for.

Separately, the game-saving catch by Lofton is what made the bullpen look good. Plus, in a game the Sox win with 11 runs scored, the WSI umpire leans towards awarding PTC to one of the hitters.

This perfectly sound logic is available for viewing on the PTC contest rules page on the PTC contest board.

:cool:

doublem23
04-21-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I think he was the pitcher when the Sox took the lead.

Can't the scorekeeper give it to whatever reliever he fealt did the best job, or is that only when the starter comes out before 5 innings?

What do I know, anyways?

But I'm pretty sure that's why Damaso Marte got the W on Tuesday.

ode to veeck
04-21-2002, 08:48 PM
yeah, "the catch" sure was a key play, on top of doing his usual job at the plate and on the basepaths, good enough to get the nod over Fox-C bullpen pick

Ray-Ray also had to be a contender with the key opposite field PH stroke that cleared the bases and broke the game open in the bottom of the 7th w/Osuna and Fouke poised with Kittens in their sites for the last 6 outs.

Good the see Manos bat working today

voodoochile
04-21-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch


I think he was the pitcher when the Sox took the lead.

Details, details... When I made the post, I had a brain fart...

Oh well...