PDA

View Full Version : Sabathia, Tribe discussing multiyear deal

Sockinchisox
01-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Great....

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080124&content_id=2355029&vkey=hotstove2007&fext=.jsp

DumpJerry
01-25-2008, 06:38 AM
If it happens, I'm sure people will somehow blame Kenny.

skottyj242
01-25-2008, 09:03 AM
He should go to a Cavs game and root for the Knicks.

palehozenychicty
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
They can have Captain Cheeseburger.

fquaye149
01-25-2008, 10:46 AM
yeah. wouldn't want a guy who at the worst is as good as Burly.

Let our division rivals have that Cy Young winning crumbum!

Also, he wears his hat crooked!!!!

Risk
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
If true, ****.:angry:

Risk

chisoxmike
01-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Anyone that didn't expect the Indians to sign Big Boy to a long term deal is insane. This is what good teams do, they sign their homegrown players that perform to long term deals.

twsoxfan5
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Come on CC don't you want to test the free agent market? There has to be some team out west that will give you a record setting deal, preferably one from the NL.

The Immigrant
01-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Anyone that didn't expect the Indians to sign Big Boy to a long term deal is insane. This is what good teams do, they sign their homegrown players that perform to long term deals.

That's why the Indians signed Manny Ramirez and Jim Thome to long-term deals, right?

There is nothing in that article that indicates the parties are anywhere close to agreeing on a long-term deal. Sure the Indians would love to extend his deal - that's not a surprise to anyone. The question is whether they have the payroll flexibility and willingness to commit $20MM/year to a single player and whether C.C. would take anything less than 5 years/$100 million. I just don't see either party doing that. My guess is that C.C. is looking for Zito money and at least a 5-6 year commitment.

Dan Mega
01-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Hopefully he leaves the AL Central as Johan will.

Or that they both somehow make it into the Sox rotation.

Trav
01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
During last year it was believed that they would only sign Hafner or Sabathia and they ended up giving Hafner Burly kind of money. Almost all the Jndians fans I run into think that Sabathia will be gone for prospects by the trade deadline at best. However, they haven't made any significant moves to improve the club and they are coming off of pretty successful season so they should have enough money to spend on him without going broke, the question is will they do it. It appears they have. Mr. Choke fits here in Cleveland.

palehozenychicty
01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
During last year it was believed that they would only sign Hafner or Sabathia and they ended up giving Hafner Burly kind of money. Almost all the Jndians fans I run into think that Sabathia will be gone for prospects by the trade deadline at best. However, they haven't made any significant moves to improve the club and they are coming off of pretty successful season so they should have enough money to spend on him without going broke, the question is will they do it. It appears they have. Mr. Choke fits here in Cleveland.

Thank you. His horrible postseason cost them the WS, and maybe the title.

oeo
01-25-2008, 02:49 PM

Actually, it really isn't all that insane. The Indians don't spend a lot of money, and Sabathia will get A LOT of money. Even if his numbers are similar to Buehrle's, we got Buehrle at a discount and Sabathia has a Cy Young under his belt.

BTW, talking doesn't mean anything is going to happen. Hopefully this goes well into the season and distracts him.