PDA

View Full Version : Phone calls from Sox players

jenn2080
01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I just got a call from Jerry Owens just now. My rep made the call and said that he had someone who wanted to speak to me. Anyway, Jerry Owens gets on the phone and was like hey Jenn its Jerry Owens. Just wanted to give you call and thank you for being a season ticket holder. He said he was in for Soxfest this weekend. I asked him if he was prepared for the weather he was coming in to. He was like absolutely not. I just came from California and I was not prepared for single digit weather at all. He said he was really looking forward to the 2008 season and said that he is hoping things will be a lot different. We talked about how spring training was right around the corner and he said he was really excited to get started again. He rattled off the amount of weeks until pitchers and catchers report to ST.

Make sure you all answer your phones because it is not a recording. I chatted with him for about 5 min.

skottyj242
01-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Crossing my fingers hoping Toby Hall calls me.

jenn2080
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Crossing my fingers hoping Toby Hall calls me.

Rep: Hi Scott this is Tyler. I have someone who wants to talk to you
Toby: Hi Scott this is Toby Hall. I just wanted to thank you for being a 2008 season ticket holder. I would also like to thank you for moving out of 158. I thought I was going to have to get a restraining order against you.
Scott: Toby Hall you are my favorite ever. I even bought an authentic Toby Hall jersey. Want to meet for a beer?
Toby: Scott you clearly don't get that you need to see someone about your obsession with me.

kaufsox
01-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Rep: Hi Scott this is Tyler. I have someone who wants to talk to you
Toby: Hi Scott this is Toby Hall. I just wanted to thank you for being a 2008 season ticket holder. I would also like to thank you for moving out of 158. I thought I was going to have to get a restraining order against you.
Scott: Toby Hall you are my favorite ever. I even bought an authentic Toby Hall jersey. Want to meet for a beer?
Toby: Scott you clearly don't get that you need to see someone about your obsession with me.

or
Toby: you know scott, the restraining order doesn't end with the baseball season. It's still good.

pdimas
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
I got a call from the new third base coach Jeff Cox. He seemed like a really nice guy. We talked a little about the expectations of the team. He seemed really energetic and excited about the upcoming season.

Sockinchisox
01-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Ugh 2nd year in a row I'm gonna miss the call, Mackowiak called last year and I'm not going to be home until 10 tonight ha.

dickallen15
01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Since my rep has never called me, I'm guessing a player won't either.

chisoxmike
01-24-2008, 03:06 PM
I hope I get a call...:bandance:

pdimas
01-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Ugh 2nd year in a row I'm gonna miss the call, Mackowiak called last year and I'm not going to be home until 10 tonight ha.

Mr. Cox said that he tried calling me five times before he got a hold of me :tongue:

WhiteSox5187
01-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh dammit, my MOM gets those calls at her office and she's on trial! Damn!

Sad
01-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I only purchased an Ozzie plan so maybe I'll get a call from Russ the Miller LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE guy :redneck

skottyj242
01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I only purchased an Ozzie plan so maybe I'll get a call from Russ the Miller LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE guy :redneck

I'll probably get a call from Heather the Budweiser girl making sure I'm coming back so she can pay her mortgage.

WizardsofOzzie
01-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I got...Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr :gulp:

NoNeckEra
01-24-2008, 03:48 PM
I just got a call from Jerry Owens just now.
.........and I said, "Who?"

Steelrod
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Mr. Cox said that he tried calling me five times before he got a hold of me :tongue:
Knowing him, he wouldn't quit til he got you!

Jerko
01-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I shudder to see this thread after bafiarocks gets her phone call:smile:

pdimas
01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Knowing him, he wouldn't quit til he got you!

He seemed like a heck of a guy and really seemed ready to go. He had the kind of excitement thats infectious. We talked for a bit until he said that he was getting "the look" meaning he had to call someone else on his list. For once he talked more than I did :smile:

jenn2080
01-24-2008, 04:17 PM
He seemed like a heck of a guy and really seemed ready to go. He had the kind of excitement thats infectious. We talked for a bit until he said that he was getting "the look" meaning he had to call someone else on his list. For once he talked more than I did :smile:

Now there is something that is unusual. I am guessing you still got more words in though.:redneck

SoxNation05
01-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Will they have a coach or player call every ST holder?

kittle42
01-24-2008, 04:22 PM
I would like a call from either Roger Bossard, Gene Honda or Southpaw.

captainclutch24
01-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Will they a coach or player call every ST holder.

I'm sure it is people who have had season tickets the longest and then they work their way down.

WizardsofOzzie
01-24-2008, 04:28 PM
I shudder to see this thread after bafiarocks gets her phone call:smile:
Only if they bring in Willie Harris to make an honorary phone call

nysox35
01-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I just got a call from Jerry Owens just now. My rep made the call and said that he had someone who wanted to speak to me. Anyway, Jerry Owens gets on the phone and was like hey Jenn its Jerry Owens. Just wanted to give you call and thank you for being a season ticket holder. He said he was in for Soxfest this weekend. I asked him if he was prepared for the weather he was coming in to. He was like absolutely not. I just came from California and I was not prepared for single digit weather at all. He said he was really looking forward to the 2008 season and said that he is hoping things will be a lot different. We talked about how spring training was right around the corner and he said he was really excited to get started again. He rattled off the amount of weeks until pitchers and catchers report to ST.

Make sure you all answer your phones because it is not a recording. I chatted with him for about 5 min.

Wow, that's really cool. Unlike many on here, I'm a Jerry fan, so I think that's really neat.
Too bad I'm only a lowly Yankees Ticket holder :D:

TheCommander
01-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Season Ticket Holder: Hello?
Ticket Rep:....I have someone who wants to say hello,hold on................................................ ...................(silence)
Season Ticket Holder: Um,hello??? Anyone there???

:harold
"ZZZZzzZZZzZZzzZzzZZzzZzzZzZzZZZzzZZZZzzzZZZzZZzZZZ Z!"

You knew this worn-out joke was coming! :redneck

Frontman
01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
That's a very neat thing the Sox do.

Kinda would like to be a season ticket holder now.

Anyone who gets their call later, tell the player "Frontman says hi."

:wink:

chitown13
01-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey Jenn,
What showed up on your caller ID? I got a call from Pensacola, FL today around 2:00. I said hello a few times then hung up when no one said anything. Maybe it was HAROLD! :o:

soxfan21
01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Do you think that 27 game plan holders get calls too, or just full season holders? It would be sweet if I got a call would really make my day:D:.

jenn2080
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey Jenn,
What showed up on your caller ID? I got a call from Pensacola, FL today around 2:00. I said hello a few times then hung up when no one said anything. Maybe it was HAROLD! :o:

773.451.XXXX

Do you think that 27 game plan holders get calls too, or just full season holders? It would be sweet if I got a call would really make my day:D:.

I am a 27 game season tix holder.

DumpJerry
01-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Full Season guy here.

Where's my call from Bobby Jenks, Paul Konerko, AJ, and Jm Thome?:angry:

soxwon
01-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Were you guys full saeason holders or Partials?
Im a 27 gamer and ive never got call.

jenn2080
01-24-2008, 05:57 PM

Read the above posts.

Bruizer
01-24-2008, 05:59 PM

Depends. Did you make your final payment yet? :cool:

Bru

tamtam713
01-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Who are your reps? Maybe only certains reps care enough to do it? I'm a season ticket holder and on good terms with my rep but haven't heard from him today.

Steelrod
01-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Full season over 20 years and never got a call. Wouldn't know what to say.
Assume it is random.

kittle42
01-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Maybe they couldn't find REVERAND, DA in the white pages.

diehardRLsoxfan
01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
This is completely off topic but does anybody know why WSI is not allowing new users to register right now??

soxfan21
01-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Depends. Did you make your final payment yet? :cool:

Bru
Yea, I made mine about 2 1/2 weeks ago so I owe them nothing. They had a little spot on the channel 7 news about the players calling season ticket holders this afternoon. My guess is that they will probably be doing the same this tomorrow because of soxfest starting tomorrow nite and all.

soxfan21
01-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Who are your reps? Maybe only certains reps care enough to do it? I'm a season ticket holder and on good terms with my rep but haven't heard from him today.
My rep is Natalie, I've talked to her three times so far since December, she seems like she is pretty nice and everything has gone good so far with her:smile:.

munchman33
01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Just once, I'd like Kenny to call me... :cool:

SOXfnNlansing
01-24-2008, 11:00 PM
I got an email from my rep Matt, and he said he didn't have my current phone number. I changed my number 2 weeks ago and didn't think to update him (cingular really screwed me with 'stealing' my number). Anyway the email said I'd get a call from a former player. I wonder who that would have been. Guess I'll never know:rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
01-25-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm in Spain right now and won't be getting any calls.

:(:

ksimpson14
01-25-2008, 05:15 AM
The news showed Owens, Fields, and Melton making calls

skottyj242
01-25-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm in Spain right now and won't be getting any calls.

:(:

So when you read WSI in Spain is it in Spanish?

Rocky Soprano
01-25-2008, 10:10 AM

They don't speak spanish in Spain.

Frater Perdurabo
01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
This is great PR by the White Sox organization. Kudos to them!

I wonder if they've thought about having players call former season ticket holders who have not renewed? I wonder if having Thome, Buehrle or Paulie lay a guilt trip on non-renewals would get them to renew?
:tongue:

WizardsofOzzie
01-25-2008, 10:42 AM
They don't speak spanish in Spain.
"Castilian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language)", universally known to non-Spanish speakers as "Spanish" (while called both espaņol and castellano in the language itself) is the official language throughout Spain, but other regional languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_language) are also spoken, and are the primary languages in some of their respective regions.
Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain#Languages)

itsnotrequired
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM

German, actually.