PDA

View Full Version : Nick Swisher's website

DumpJerry
01-24-2008, 07:07 AM
http://www.nickswisher.net/

Dedicated to his late grandma. It's going to be a fun season!

VenturaFan23
01-24-2008, 07:17 AM
His page background looks a lot better now :smile:

SBSoxFan
01-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Did you send him an email?

I liked this one:

Hey Nick-
... . I have sad news. I had to move from San Ramon so I can’t come to the A’s games anymore. We moved to Iowa. Now we live pretty close to Swisher Iowa which I think is really cool. The only baseball team near us is the Cedar Rapids Kernels but my dad said we could get season tickets when their season starts again. I still wear my A’s hat every day though and when we see you guys play the White Sox in Chicago next year, I’ll come say hi. :D:

downstairs
01-24-2008, 08:29 AM
How did he get a pic of himself in a Sox jersey so quickly?

The Milkman
01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Photoshop

chisox77
01-24-2008, 08:37 AM
I clicked into Swisher's website just after the White Sox got him in that trade a few weeks ago, and immediately thought that this could be a lot of fun.

My gut reaction to this deal is very positive. He's a very good player who is starting to peak, and the Sox have him for four years under a bargain contract. I also like how he updated his home page with Sox colors (and a faded background of the Cell outfield), probably as soon as he knew what his new number was going to be.

:cool:

Crede_Fan
01-24-2008, 08:51 AM
What an awesome guy. It is going to be a fun season.

eriqjaffe
01-24-2008, 08:55 AM
IHe's a very good player who is starting to peak, and the Sox have him for four years under a bargain contract.5, if you include the $9m club option for 2012.

skobabe8
01-24-2008, 09:22 AM
My goal this summer is to have a beer with #30.

:gulp:

voodoochile
01-24-2008, 09:56 AM
How did he get a pic of himself in a Sox jersey so quickly?

Photoshop

Or he simply asked the Sox for some equipment and went and took a picture in a batting cage. I imagine the Sox might have even helped him do it.

Got to say that I am becoming a huge fan of Nick. He really looks like a great guy with his head on straight.

Hokiesox
01-24-2008, 10:02 AM
This guy is totally winning me over. He comes across as a hard worker who has fun. Our clubhouse needs more of these types of players.

Of course, a .381 obp doesn't hurt either! :D:

He's going to be a good one...

spawn
01-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Got to say that I am becoming a huge fan of Nick. He really looks like a great guy with his head on straight.
I've been saying that since I heard his first interview on ESPN1000. He's exactly what this team needs...a high energy, hard charging player.

DumpJerry
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I clicked into Swisher's website just after the White Sox got him in that trade a few weeks ago, and immediately thought that this could be a lot of fun.

My gut reaction to this deal is very positive. He's a very good player who is starting to peak, and the Sox have him for four years under a bargain contract. I also like how he updated his home page with Sox colors (and a faded background of the Cell outfield), probably as soon as he knew what his new number was going to be.

He's starting to look like the A's Aaron Rowand. A guy the fans will miss and whine for his return for 30 years.

I love it!

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Seeing the pic of him taking swings makes me smile.

Come on, 2008 baseball.

DumpJerry
01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
This says it all:

That’s why prior to the 2007 season, the New York Times profiled his unorthodox off-season workout routine. It wasn’t unorthodox because he drank nothing but protein shakes or took ballet lessons; it was unorthodox in a caveman-Davy Crockett-Rocky Balboa punching sides of beef kind of way. Nick worked out on a farm in Ohio swinging sledgehammers and chopping trees to the point of exhaustion. He wasn’t working in air conditioned rooms and enjoying gourmet meals – he was too busy roughing it and getting his hands dirty. All in an effort to get stronger, faster and more explosive. Sound like a typical professional baseball player’s off-season workout regimen?

voodoochile
01-24-2008, 10:19 AM
He's starting to look like the A's Aaron Rowand. A guy the fans will miss and whine for his return for 30 years.

I love it!

Yeah, if Rowand could play more positions hit for more power, be more consistent year in and year out, was three years younger and was signed for 5 years and less than $30M total.

In other words, the A's fans actually have a reason to feel that way...:D:

kaufsox
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
He was just on Waddle and Silvy, sounds like a good guy, Like all of those country boys from around COWlumbus I went to undergrad with. Unfortunately, he's an OSU fan:(: So much for my mancrush

voodoochile
01-24-2008, 10:36 AM
He was just on Waddle and Silvy, sounds like a good guy, Like all of those country boys from around COWlumbus I went to undergrad with. Unfortunately, he's an OSU fan:(: So much for my mancrush

Better and better! :D: :) :supernana:

Edit: Might be time to get that Second Sox jersey and retire Frank's...

harwar
01-24-2008, 02:54 PM
I have always liked this guy and i have been following his career fairly closely.
Also,as a young man i spent 3 or 4 summers in colorado cutting down trees for firewood for the ski resorts to use during the winter and i can tell you that trimming trees with an axe is the hardest work that i've ever done.

fquaye149
01-24-2008, 03:03 PM
TOBY KEITH!

i like this guy

MsSoxVixen22
01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
I just checked out his site and he sounds like an awesome guy. I love that he gives back and does charity work and hearing the way he talks about his Grandmother is touching. It sounds like he takes being a basball player seriously. I can't wait to see what Nick brings to the team this year! :bandance: And he's not too hard on the eyes either! :wink:

KenBerryGrab
01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.nickswisher.net/photos/images/mulletguy_8.jpg

twsoxfan5
01-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I am really excited to have Nick on our team and I think he will be an istant fan favorite. I really want to hear what he has to say at Sox Fest.

jenn2080
01-24-2008, 04:27 PM
There was a good article about Swisher in the Red Eye if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Sockinchisox
01-24-2008, 05:42 PM
http://www.nickswisher.net/photos/images/mulletguy_8.jpg

That was from his A's commercial, he was supposed to be playing his dad taking his younger self to a little league game.

kaufsox
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM

I can't. For all of his flaws, He's still my all-time favorite. Now if Konerko gets traded...:cool:

fquaye149
01-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Better and better! :D: :) :supernana:

don't blaspheme, voodoo!

voodoochile
01-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I can't. For all of his flaws, He's still my all-time favorite. Now if Konerko gets traded...:cool:

Mine too, but I need to stay current to some extent. Frank's jersey will always be wearable. It will also show me to be a long time fan some day.

don't blaspheme, voodoo!

I said retire, not burn...:tongue:

kjhanson
01-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Unfortunately, he's an OSU fan:(: So much for my mancrush

I feel the exact same way. Everything about him was awesome until I saw a picture of him in his Ohio State uniform. But I will say that the new website colors look great (they weren't changed last week when I checked, so it's very recent), and the man looks good in black. Let's get to March already.

KenBerryGrab
01-25-2008, 09:42 AM
That was from his A's commercial, he was supposed to be playing his dad taking his younger self to a little league game.

Gotta love the Pink Floyd T-shirt.

RichFitztightly
01-25-2008, 12:31 PM
I gotta say, the more I hear about him, the more Swisher is growing on me. I was down on the trade when I first heard about it. I didn't think he was a very good player and I thought Sweeney would turn out to be good. However, the more I hear about him, the more I think Swisher will be the better addition that will make our roster a whole lot more competitive.

goofymsfan
01-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Or he simply asked the Sox for some equipment and went and took a picture in a batting cage. I imagine the Sox might have even helped him do it.

I have heard nothing but good things about Nick as both a player and a person. I've heard some pretty cool stories about things that he has done for kids and such. He was given a hard time when he had the long hair. What many didn't realize was that he was growing it out to donate to the locks of love for wigs for cancer patients. The number he wore in Oakland was to honor his grandmother. He was always willing to sign autographs, especially for kids. I hope he works out well for the Sox.

shes
01-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Playing in the Cell, he just may approach a .950 OPS. Combine that with the All-Star personality and you've got an instant fan favorite.

I, for one, am tremendously excited.

JorgeFabregas
01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Playing in the Cell, he just may approach a .950 OPS. Combine that with the All-Star personality and you've got an instant fan favorite.

I, for one, am tremendously excited.
He has a career 1.022 OPS at the Cell. Granted, that's a very small sample size (37 ABs).

skottyj242
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Mine too, but I need to stay current to some extent. Frank's jersey will always be wearable. It will also show me to be a long time fan some day.

So does that mean the my Billy Koch jersey makes me an uber fan?

skottyj242
01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
He has a career 1.022 OPS at the Cell. Granted, that's a very small sample size (37 ABs).

You have to remember though it was against White Sox pitching.

voodoochile
01-30-2008, 12:40 PM
So does that mean the my Billy Koch jersey makes me an uber fan?

No, just a dumbass...:tongue:

01-30-2008, 01:12 PM
http://mfile.akamai.com/10869/wmv/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2008/open/bbchtv/interviews/archive01/012408_swisher_nick_400.wmv

Pretty cool interview Nick did with MLBtv.

gna2112
01-30-2008, 02:07 PM
I believe as well as all of you, that this was a good pick up. Swish is exactly what White Sox fans want; a grinder, good clubhouse guy, who knows how to play the game and play it well!!!! Plus, that contract is very affordable in this day and age of baseball economics. Ready for the season to start now, at least spring training, so I can catch some games down here in Florida

David

jamteh
01-30-2008, 04:07 PM
What a nice guy. I sent him an e-mail through his Web site, and I got a short response from a G-mail account. Even if he didn't write it, but I'm guessing he did, it's very classy that he actually responds to fans/has someone do it for him.

Foulke You
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
I really believe that this could be one of those deals we look back on as an absolute steal. Swisher should have tremendous offensive upside playing 81 games at The Cell sandwiched in a powerful lineup somewhere between Konerko and Dye. As posted earlier in this thread, his clubhouse presense should help inject some life into the dugout and clubhouse. I can see him hitting it off with A.J., Buehrle, and Paulie.

My only concern with Swish is his CF defense which is probably the outfield position he will end up at. I haven't seen him play there enough to comment one way or another about his D. He certainly "looks" more like a corner outfielder than a CF as far as body type goes but that doesn't always paint the whole picture.

chisox77
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Swisher's defense will be fine. He's a pretty good athlete, and a ballplayer at heart.

Another thing: he has a lot of talent, and he is starting to peak.

Cellview22
01-30-2008, 05:58 PM
What a nice guy. I sent him an e-mail through his Web site, and I got a short response from a G-mail account. Even if he didn't write it, but I'm guessing he did, it's very classy that he actually responds to fans/has someone do it for him.

Same here. I hope a lot of fans write in and give him a nice welcome to Chicago. I agree, I think we'll all look back and think this was a steal.

ChiSoxGirl
01-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I really believe that this could be one of those deals we look back on as an absolute steal. Swisher should have tremendous offensive upside playing 81 games at The Cell sandwiched in a powerful lineup somewhere between Konerko and Dye. As posted earlier in this thread, his clubhouse presense should help inject some life into the dugout and clubhouse. I can see him hitting it off with A.J., Buehrle, and Paulie.

I'm with you. After seeing Swisher and how he interacted with the fans and his new teammates over the weekend at SoxFest, I'm sold. He did a seminar on Saturday afternoon with Owens & Quentin and Swisher was sitting up there on the panel, leaning back in his chair as though he was as comfortable in a place as he'd ever been. He just presents himself as being so laid-back, yet as someone who's going to go out there everyday and give 150% of what he has. You're right... this could be an epic "under the radar" move by Kenny.

champagne030
01-30-2008, 09:59 PM

My only concern with Swish is his CF defense which is probably the outfield position he will end up at. I haven't seen him play there enough to comment one way or another about his D. He certainly "looks" more like a corner outfielder than a CF as far as body type goes but that doesn't always paint the whole picture.

He's not a CF. And he's not even close to Rowand in CF, who wasn't the best CF guy around. I think Swisher will be a fan favorite (as long as he's not Mack bad in CF) but, we're playing him out of position if he's playing CF.

sox1970
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
He's not a CF. And he's not even close to Rowand in CF, who wasn't the best CF guy around. I think Swisher will be a fan favorite (as long as he's not Mack bad in CF) but, we're playing him out of position if he's playing CF.

I'm not buying it that Swisher is batting 1 or 2, and/or playing CF regularly. Opening Day, he'll be in left, batting 6th.

Grzegorz
01-31-2008, 04:36 AM
He's not a CF. And he's not even close to Rowand in CF, who wasn't the best CF guy around.

What is it that bothers you about his play in CF? Is it his range, read, or instincts?

What an awesome guy. It is going to be a fun season.

I second this sentiment. I am looking forward to the season and seeing Nick Swisher in a Chicago White Sox uniform.

Foulke You
01-31-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm not buying it that Swisher is batting 1 or 2, and/or playing CF regularly. Opening Day, he'll be in left, batting 6th.
I agree. Swisher's power would be wasted at the top of the lineup and he doesn't have top of the order speed. I would like to see a 2 thru 6 lineup of 2. Cabrera, 3. Thome, 4. Konerko, 5. Swisher, 6. Dye. This way, we have a good righty, lefty, righty, switch hitter, righty. Swisher should put up big numbers sandwiched between Paulie and Dye. It's always good to have balance in your lineup like that and not get too right handed or too left handed. It gives pitchers many different looks and makes it harder for them to get into a groove.

While this lineup solves our 2-6, I still don't know who ends up at the leadoff spot. Ideally, you'd like to see someone speedy like Owens, Richar, or Alexei Ramirez step up in Tucson and fill that role.

TheVulture
01-31-2008, 04:50 PM
TOBY KEITH!

i like this guy

Me too, you have to overlook some flaws in those you love. I admit I feel tested here, but I know I'm a better man for it.

Sockinchisox
02-16-2008, 02:44 PM
I dunno if anyone made a mention of this but Swisher updated his journal a couple days ago and he's in Tucson.

He also notes that he's going to have his own show or something on Mike North, and that he's going to be hosting a weekly pre-game show on CSN and will continue his radio show with Chris Myers on Fox Sports Radio.

http://www.nickswisher.net/journal.html

munchman33
02-16-2008, 02:56 PM

I'm with you. I'm gonna like Swisher a lot. Just not in center. And not taking a spot from Quentin.

Let's trade Dye for a starter or a CF.