PDA

View Full Version : Frank or Paul K

Paulwny
04-21-2002, 10:21 AM
I know it's still early but if Paul K. continues to put up numbers, who plays 1st during the interleague games in the nl park?

RKMeibalane
04-21-2002, 10:34 AM
Thomas gets the start at first, because they could always move Konerko to third. This is something Manuel did early in the 2000 season, when he was trying to get Thomas more games at first. Moving Konerko to third would allow Valentin to slide back to short, which would leave the Choice on the bench.

voodoochile
04-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Thomas gets the start at first, because they could always move Konerko to third. This is something Manuel did early in the 2000 season, when he was trying to get Thomas more games at first. Moving Konerko to third would allow Valentin to slide back to short, which would leave the Choice on the bench.

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! No Paulie at third... Please no Paulie at third... Take the time to give them both some rest, but Frank should get most of the starts based on seniority, bat and psychological reasons (Frank is fragile, Paul is not)...

Paulwny
04-21-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! No Paulie at third... Please no Paulie at third... Take the time to give them both some rest, but Frank should get most of the starts based on seniority, bat and psychological reasons (Frank is fragile, Paul is not)...

I don't think JM would play Paulie at 3rd. Damn nl and their no DH, really hurts our line-up.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I don't think JM would play Paulie at 3rd. Damn nl and their no DH, really hurts our line-up.

yes but it gives a great pinch hitter off the bench.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-21-2002, 09:18 PM
:walnuts
"Dammit! I should be starting at first! Why doesn't Frank learn how to play catcher or why don't you have him pitch? I always have to be the one who has to accomodate everyone else! First it was Baines and now this!"

RKMeibalane
04-22-2002, 02:22 PM
Now there's an idea. I can't think of anyone who would be stupid enough to charge the mound with him nearby. He'd tackle the batter and bash his face in.

RedPinStripes
04-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Now there's an idea. I can't think of anyone who would be stupid enough to charge the mound with him nearby. He'd tackle the batter and bash his face in.

Yeah. Frank has a cannon! LOL!

Mathew
04-22-2002, 04:54 PM

He'd have to catch the batter first. :o:

RKMeibalane
04-22-2002, 04:54 PM
If Thomas plays catcher, he's the next Todd Hundley. :)