PDA

View Full Version : chicagosports.com view from fan


ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2002, 09:09 AM
view from a fan (http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,56083,00.html)

This guy wants us to make some trades that sound a bit crazy to me. Do you want Jason Bere back? He does.

sox_fan_4life
04-21-2002, 09:19 AM
I would rather keep Valentin, but Lee and Durham are replaceable. But the last thing the Sox need right now are ex-cubs. I am sure there will be quality pitching available right before the trade deadline. The only question will be does Reinsdorf have the balls to make a trade that matters?

Spiff
04-21-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life
I would rather keep Valentin, but Lee and Durham are replaceable.

Durham .386 1 HR 15 RBI 13 R 6 SB 1 E .988 FPCT
Lee .234 3 HR 10 RBI 8 R 0 SB 0 E 1.000 FPCT

Valentin .222 3 HR 10 RBI 7 R 1 SB 1 E .977 FPCT

I love the notions that get perpetuated, namely that Ray is average and easily replaced. Nevermind that he is the best 2B in the AL right now. I don't know what more you people want from him.

sox_fan_4life
04-21-2002, 09:55 AM
I just don't like Durham. Never have, never will. So I guess that colors my perspective a little. I would rather keep Valentin because no matter what he went through or how many errors he always seemed to play hard.

sox_fan_4life
04-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00


Durham .386 1 HR 15 RBI 13 R 6 SB 1 E .988 FPCT
Lee .234 3 HR 10 RBI 8 R 0 SB 0 E 1.000 FPCT

Valentin .222 3 HR 10 RBI 7 R 1 SB 1 E .977 FPCT

I love the notions that get perpetuated, namely that Ray is average and easily replaced. Nevermind that he is the best 2B in the AL right now. I don't know what more you people want from him.

Great, the better Durham hits the more they can get for him.

doublem23
04-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
view from a fan (http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,56083,00.html)

This guy wants us to make some trades that sound a bit crazy to me. Do you want Jason Bere back? He does.

:moron

How could you smut Sox fans NOT want Jason Bere back? He's the backbone of the Cubs rotation, and you threw him away! Ha Ha! Just like Sox fans to want what the Cubs have! Well, you can't have him!

bc2k
04-21-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00




I love the notions that get perpetuated, namely that Ray is average and easily replaced. Nevermind that he is the best 2B in the AL right now. I don't know what more you people want from him.

I want him to complete double plays. Did you see the game where he refused to throw to first to complete the double play because he couldn't get the ball out of his glove. Twice in one game, that's terrible. He wouldn't have gotten spiked had he been able to get the ball from his glove and jump. But his other parts of his game are solid thus far so I can't get on him too much.

OfficerKarkovice
04-22-2002, 12:12 AM
Abernathy, Brent, Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Alicea, Luis, Kansas City Royals
Baerga, Carlos, Boston Red Sox
Boone, Bret, Seattle Mariners
Bush, Homer, Toronto Blue Jays
Canizaro, Jay, Minnesota Twins
Catalanotto, Frank, Texas Rangers
Durham, Ray, Chicago White Sox
Easley, Damion, Detroit Tigers
Febles, Carlos, Kansas City Royals
Gutierrez, Ricky, Cleveland Indians
Hairston Jr., Jerry, Baltimore Orioles
Hocking, Denny, Minnesota Twins
Kennedy, Adam, Anaheim Angels
Lawrence, Joe, Toronto Blue Jays
Macias, Jose, Detroit Tigers
Menechino, Frank, Oakland Athletics
Merloni, Lou, Boston Red Sox
Nieves, Jose, Anaheim Angels
Rivas, Luis, Minnesota Twins
Sadler, Donnie, Kansas City Royals
Salazar, Oscar, Detroit Tigers
Sanchez, Rey, Boston Red Sox
Soriano, Alfonso, New York Yankees
Velarde, Randy, Oakland Athletics
Young, Michael, Texas Rangers

There is a list of every other 2nd baseman in the AL...I can't find one guy on that list, with the possible exception of B. Boone, that I would rather have at 2nd base for us than Ray.

bc2k
04-22-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice


There is a list of every other 2nd baseman in the AL...I can't find one guy on that list, with the possible exception of B. Boone, that I would rather have at 2nd base for us than Ray.

Just because the rest of the league sucks, doesn't mean Durham doesn't.

Mathew
04-22-2002, 01:04 AM
Actually yeah it does in a way, if nobody is better, that makes him best and all others suck in comparaison, how is someone better than all others replaced?

doublem23
04-22-2002, 01:15 AM
I dunno... I came into the year not liking Durham, but I must say, he is a really good #2 hitter... He's much better with Lofton hitting ahead of him...

What frustrates me about Ray is that he has the ability to be a HUGE player, but for some reason, he still swings for the fences and still has the range of an oscilating fan out there at second base.

However, I do agree... Ray is probably the #1 2B in the league now that Robbie Alomar is with the Mets.

Mathew
04-22-2002, 01:16 AM
Alomar is batting under .100 from the right too.

LongDistanceFan
04-22-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I dunno... I came into the year not liking Durham, but I must say, he is a really good #2 hitter... He's much better with Lofton hitting ahead of him...

What frustrates me about Ray is that he has the ability to be a HUGE player, but for some reason, he still swings for the fences and still has the range of an oscilating fan out there at second base.

i have to agree with this.... i too didn't like ray...... but i have to give him credit.......... he is hot now.......... but is he worth money to resign him.......... can he keep this up? i don't think so........... harris in the minor......... tradiing him might be the best to help the team............ this is my opinion.

Bmr31
04-22-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i have to agree with this.... i too didn't like ray...... but i have to give him credit.......... he is hot now.......... but is he worth money to resign him.......... can he keep this up? i don't think so........... harris in the minor......... tradiing him might be the best to help the team............ this is my opinion.


The key question is consistency? Lofton wont be here forever and i have a real hard time believe ray will keep this pace up this year or in the years to come. Ray is a decent player. If he wants a huge contract, let him go.

sox_fan_4life
04-22-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I dunno... I came into the year not liking Durham, but I must say, he is a really good #2 hitter... He's much better with Lofton hitting ahead of him...

What frustrates me about Ray is that he has the ability to be a HUGE player, but for some reason, he still swings for the fences and still has the range of an oscilating fan out there at second base.

However, I do agree... Ray is probably the #1 2B in the league now that Robbie Alomar is with the Mets.

Maybe I don't like him because he sucked as a lead-off hitter. I know some people thought he was good, but After watching Lofton, well, Lofton beats Ray all to hell at lead-off. I will admit that Ray is doing fairly well battng 2nd.

34 Inch Stick
04-22-2002, 10:33 AM
I have always liked Ray also. I would take Soriano above Boone or Ray.