PDA

View Full Version : Pablo?

twentywontowin
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
After he broke his leg, we've barely heard anything about Pablo Ozuna.

Could he fit on this team as a fourth man in 2008? He's got speed, but his OBP hasn't been great, but there is always room to improve.

Not an everyday guy, but he could be valuable to this team down the stretch.

Thoughts/opinions?

salty99
01-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Pablo will be on the roster.

Frontman
01-23-2008, 11:05 AM
After he broke his leg, we've barely heard anything about Pablo Ozuna.

Could he fit on this team as a fourth man in 2008? He's got speed, but his OBP hasn't been great, but there is always room to improve.

Not an everyday guy, but he could be valuable to this team down the stretch.

Thoughts/opinions?

Much like Crede; I need to see how Pablo bounces back from injury. If he can go like he did prior to his injury; I'm all for him as a bench player. If he can't?

Another casualty of injury.

russ99
01-23-2008, 11:07 AM
I haven't heard how Ozuna's recovery is coming along, but there has to be concerns as to whether he's lost a step due to such a bad injury.

Maybe Ramirez was signed partially out of getting another backup for the same positions, in case Ozuna is showing lingering effects of his injury.

WizardsofOzzie
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Pablo Ozuna is coming along well and running without a limp, according to Williams. "He's certainly a valued member of our team," said Williams of Ozuna, who missed the final four months of last season with a fractured right fibula and torn deltoid ligament. "We missed his energy and his overall ability." Williams reports no injury restrictions for any of the White Sox players heading into Spring Training.Link (bottom of article) (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080122&content_id=2353227&vkey=hotstove2007&fext=.jsp)

thomas35forever
01-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I feel confident Pablo will return to his old speed or have something close to it. Of course there will be concerns about him going into the season.

Chicken Dinner
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Sounds like he'll be watched closely in ST and if he's still trying to get back to form he might start the season in AAA.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
His only real competition would be Bourgeois, who is essentially the same player as Pablo with a little more power, IMO.

oeo
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Sounds like he'll be watched closely in ST and if he's still trying to get back to form he might start the season in AAA.

Huh? :?:

Where did you get that from?

DickAllen72
01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Thoughts/opinions?
Pablo is my favorite Backyardigan!

DumpJerry
01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Pablo was doing light running in September last year, IIRC.

I've read that's he's fine.

Soul_bat
01-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't understand the love for this guy... He's an absolute butcher in the outfield. As far as I'm concerned it would be better to have him go back to selling pencils outside the ballpark...

Not that I want to wish ill health on anyone .... but the highlight (in a season of abolutely none except Buerle's NH and Thome's 500 HR) of last season is when I came home from work and my wife told me he was out the rest of the year.

Pablo = B R U T A L !!

soltrain21
01-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't understand the love for this guy... He's an absolute butcher in the outfield. As far as I'm concerned it would be better to have him go back to selling pencils outside the ballpark...

:hawk
"Did he go around?"

twentywontowin
01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't understand the love for this guy... He's an absolute butcher in the outfield.

Well he is a primary infielder.

oeo
01-24-2008, 03:53 PM

Not that I want to wish ill health on anyone .... but the highlight (in a season of abolutely none except Buerle's NH and Thome's 500 HR) of last season is when I came home from work and my wife told me he was out the rest of the year.

Pablo = B R U T A L !!

He's a good leadoff option against lefties. And from all I've heard about the guy, he's loved in the clubhouse, too. I remember Konerko talking about how much they missed him last year (and I was surprised by that).

Chicken Dinner
01-24-2008, 04:22 PM

How quickly we forget about Big Bobby Jenks tying the consecutive batters retired record.:o: