PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Home Opener

Rockabilly
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
On the Sox website it says the game starts at 3pm. but when I look at my ticket account it says the game is at 1pm..

Anyone know what time the game actually starts..

soxfan21
01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
My guess is that the game starts at 3:00 b/c my ticket account said the same thing, but the 3:00 start time was just updated on the sox website about a week ago. I'd just wait til the game is a little closer to find out for sure.

MCHSoxFan
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
On the Sox website it says the game starts at 3pm. but when I look at my ticket account it says the game is at 1pm..

Yes. I was thinking that exact same thing. I am guessing 3 PM. Otherwise, why would they put it up there? The Sox website gets updated a lot faster than My White Sox Ticket Account.

Kogs35
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM

time was moved because the sox are playing a night game the day before and are traveling back home. the memorial day game in cleveland was also a day game but moved to night for the same reason .

Rockabilly
01-22-2008, 06:19 PM
thanx to everyone for the info about the game time....

Jerko
01-22-2008, 06:21 PM
time was moved because the sox are playing a night game the day before and are traveling back home. the memorial day game in cleveland was also a day game but moved to night for the same reason .

That's pretty lame, they're coming from Detroit........ I bet they'd be out just as late if they played a home game the night before......

Frontman
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
That's pretty lame, they're coming from Detroit........ I bet they'd be out just as late if they played a home game the night before......

They might have to come back from Detroit via a sleigh; if this year goes like last year....

http://www.projo.com/photos/20061203/LH1203_Santa_party_3__12-03-06_UM32DKM.jpg
"Matter of fact, I'm available that week and was planning on catching a Sox game anyways!"

:wink:

Jerko
01-22-2008, 06:36 PM
They might have to come back from Detroit via a sleigh; if this year goes like last year....

http://www.projo.com/photos/20061203/LH1203_Santa_party_3__12-03-06_UM32DKM.jpg
"Matter of fact, I'm available that week and was planning on catching a Sox game anyways!"

:wink:

True.

skottyj242
01-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Good think we're flying back from Detroit at six in the morning. I'll be able to catch a nice nap now to get to the park by noon.

soxwon
01-23-2008, 11:16 AM
speaking of tickets, now that regular season game tix go onsale on the feb 11 (presale), will the Season Tickets be shipped out in feb also?

Rockabilly
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
speaking of tickets, now that regular season game tix go onsale on the feb 11 (presale), will the Season Tickets be shipped out in feb also?

tickets are mail in mid march

skottyj242
01-23-2008, 11:33 AM

When you buy those tickets they come via the Ticketmolester style, the nice season tickets are still at the printers and they take a bit longer.

twentywontowin
01-23-2008, 11:38 AM
If it's a 3pm game, they NEED to get those lots open at 9am, especially if the weather is good.

Fire up the grill, throw down some ribs, crack some beers, and kick off the baseball season!

SoxFan78
01-23-2008, 12:50 PM
If it's a 3pm game, they NEED to get those lots open at 9am, especially if the weather is good.

Fire up the grill, throw down some ribs, crack some beers, and kick off the baseball season!

Don't hold your breath. I think they are very strict about their opening day lot opening times. I went last year, and we couldnt into the lots until exactly 3 hours before game time. There was a line all the way down 37th of cars waiting to get in.

But as I have always said about parking at Comiskey, who knows!!

kaufsox
01-23-2008, 12:55 PM

I had the same question and called the ticket office yesterday. They said (Dana was her name, I believe) that the 3pm start is the most up to date, but it may change depending on TV. It puts me in a bit of bind because if its early, my wife goes. If its later, she can't make it.

skottyj242
01-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't hold your breath. I think they are very strict about their opening day lot opening times. I went last year, and we couldnt into the lots until exactly 3 hours before game time. There was a line all the way down 37th of cars waiting to get in.

But as I have always said about parking at Comiskey, who knows!!

Park in the lot in the morning "before work" then you can go anytime you want after like 11 if it's a three o'clock game.

soxfan21
01-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Park in the lot in the morning "before work" then you can go anytime you want after like 11 if it's a three o'clock game.
This usually works out pretty good. At least your car is there before the rest of the crowd gets there. It's also not a bad idea to just take the redline there and getting there before the crowd that way. This way parking is totally eliminated from the equation.

skottyj242
01-23-2008, 01:51 PM
This usually works out pretty good. At least your car is there before the rest of the crowd gets there. It's also not a bad idea to just take the redline there and getting there before the crowd that way. This way parking is totally eliminated from the equation.

Are you going to carry a grill on the Red Line? I'm pretty sure he was talking about tailgating.

twentywontowin
01-23-2008, 01:57 PM

Think they'd have issue with busting out the grill and cooler at 10am in the commuter lot?

soxfan21
01-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Are you going to carry a grill on the Red Line? I'm pretty sure he was talking about tailgating.
Ohh...Well, you could always bring the beer on the redline and worry about the food when you get to the Cell.

roylestillman
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Think they'd have issue with busting out the grill and cooler at 10am in the commuter lot?

OK, here's what we did last year. Packed up the car and drove to the Park N Ride lot at about 8:00 AM. (I think last year they told me that the Park N Ride lot closed at 9:00 AM) We then took the Redline to Roosevelt and had breakfast (lots of South Loop places around there.) After breakfast we bought some sausages and burgers - and Ho-Ho's for some reason - at the "Jewels" right at the Roosevelt station for tailgating. We were back at the car by 10:30 or 11:00 and fired up the Smoket Joe. Absolutely hassle free.

I would really like to plug the Park N Ride lot, too. It was not used very much last year and I'm afraid they might pull it.

soxwon
01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
When you buy those tickets they come via the Ticketmolester style, the nice season tickets are still at the printers and they take a bit longer.

i talked to my rep bogacki, he said march for ST.
Also 83% re-upped for seasons tix, not too shabby

DumpJerry
01-23-2008, 06:52 PM

For Opening Day 2006, they opened up the lots at the usual time. That was the biggest Opening Day ever. Something about banners, etc.....

Harry Potter
01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
I would really like to plug the Park N Ride lot, too. It was not used very much last year and I'm afraid they might pull it.

I'm a big fan of the Park N Ride. It's a nice "secret" but hopefully not too secretive where they dont have it in '08 bc of low turnout

chisoxmike
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
i talked to my rep bogacki, he said march for ST.
Also 83% re-upped for seasons tix, not too shabby

Uh, not when they had a 98% percent renewal after 2006.