PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher season ticket holders

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:14 PM
How is the experience out there? I just got my season tix relocated to section 163

redsand22
01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
If you enjoy the sun, it's great! I'm in 162.

jenn2080
01-22-2008, 01:18 PM
My brother and I are in 161. It works well for me.

Bruizer
01-22-2008, 01:19 PM
How is the experience out there? I just got my season tix relocated to section 163

Where were you before?

skottyj242
01-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm in 160 this year after years in 158. I will have to see how it goes. I'm sitting next to some straight up busters I think, not looking forward to that.

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Where were you before?

155 30th row, hated those seats, only plus was being close to the bullpen. I moved down to 4th row in the bleachers, I can't wait to harass the outfielders from close proximity.:bandance:

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm in 160 this year after years in 158. I will have to see how it goes. I'm sitting next to some straight up busters I think, not looking forward to that.

Hey, I think I'm sitting next to you:whiner:

VenturaFan23
01-22-2008, 01:31 PM

We were in 163 last year. Great section. The only problem is that we couldn't see the scoreboard, so now this year we are in 161. I love the bleacher seats.

twsoxfan5
01-22-2008, 01:33 PM
I am in 103 row 3 now, and I was in 159 row 17 before that. I was right next to the bleachers and it is the most lively part of the field but it can also be the most annoying/rowdy.

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:34 PM
We were in 163 last year. Great section. The only problem is that we couldn't see the scoreboard, so now this year we are in 161. I love the bleacher seats.

Scoreboard jumbotron or both?

DumpJerry
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM

Hey, I think I'm sitting next to you:whiner:
:?:It appears you're three sections away from each other.

VenturaFan23
01-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Scoreboard jumbotron or both?

Actually both. We could only see the top portion of the jumbotron from our row.

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I am in 103 row 3 now, and I was in 159 row 17 before that. I was right next to the bleachers and it is the most lively part of the field but it can also be the most annoying/rowdy.

Disclaimer- I only attended this game because it was my girlfriends birthday gift from me.

Cant be even close to as bad as the Wrigley bleachers, I go there one time sporting nuetral apparel and I get beer spilled on me three times and then I get thrown out when I confront them. I tell ya nothing but class on the Northside.

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:39 PM
:?:It appears you're three sections away from each other.

You caught me, I was stretching the truth for dramatic affect!

ilsox7
01-22-2008, 01:40 PM
I've only sat out by the bleachers once in the last few years. It was awful. Tons of underage drinking and Sox security did nothing about it. Actually, my last experience in the Wrigley bleachers (5 years ago) was much, much better.

Small sample size, obviously.

soxfan21
01-22-2008, 01:42 PM
I didn't get bleacher season tickets this year, I got lower reserved in sec. 159 row 10 which is right next to the bleachers. The reason for this was that I wanted to see the scoreboard a little bit better and the metal of the bleachers gets really hot on some of those mid-summer afternoon games. I wanted to sit next to the bleachers though because, as mentioned before, that is the most lively part of the ballpark and that area gets absolutely nuts during sox/cubs games. Just can't wait for the season to begin now!

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Actually both. We could only see the top portion of the jumbotron from our row.

Well that is slightly disappointing, hopefully the atmosphere makes up for that. Maybe next year I try to move to 160 or 161. Of course I anticipate a better year so some of the bandwagoners may come back making it more difficult.

twsoxfan5
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Disclaimer- I only attended this game because it was my girlfriends birthday gift from me.

Cant be even close to as bad as the Wrigley bleachers, I go there one time sporting nuetral apparel and I get beer spilled on me three times and then I get thrown out when I confront them. I tell ya nothing but class on the Northside.

I cant speak for the bleachers at Wrigley b/c I have never been inside Wrigley Field. As far as the bleachers go they are not neccessarily bad. There was a mom and dad and their 2 young children that sat right next to me in 160 and they did not have a problem. If you going looking for trouble you can probably find it in the bleachers. Also if you are looking for the drunkest people at the game they are probably in the bleachers. That could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I didn't get bleacher season tickets this year, I got lower reserved in sec. 159 row 10 which is right next to the bleachers. The reason for this was that I wanted to see the scoreboard a little bit better and the metal of the bleachers gets really hot on some of those mid-summer afternoon games. I wanted to sit next to the bleachers though because, as mentioned before, that is the most lively part of the ballpark and that area gets absolutely nuts during sox/cubs games. Just can't wait for the season to begin now!

I bet the cubs/sox games are nuts. I may have to skip those though for fear of legal ramifications!:club:

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I cant speak for the bleachers at Wrigley b/c I have never been inside Wrigley Field. As far as the bleachers go they are not neccessarily bad. There was a mom and dad and their 2 young children that sat right next to me in 160 and they did not have a problem. If you going looking for trouble you can probably find it in the bleachers. Also if you are looking for the drunkest people at the game they are probably in the bleachers. That could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

That is good to hear. I look at that in two ways, I believe that people need to be respectful of those around them especially if there are kids with them. I personally try to keep the profanity down when I am near families. At the same time bringin the kids to the bleachers may not be the best parenting choice.

KenBerryGrab
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
At the same time bringin the kids to the bleachers may not be the best parenting choice.

No place in a ballpark should be off limits to kids. It's up to the jerks to clean it up.

ilsox7
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
No place in a ballpark should be off limits to kids. It's up to the jerks to clean it up.

It should be up to security. But from what I've seen, Sox security is awful.

skottyj242
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM

I think the drunkest people are behind the bleachers on the concourse.

pdimas
01-22-2008, 02:13 PM

I've been in 160 since '03 and love it. Granted there are days when it can get pretty damned hot out there and you have no protection from the rain but no big deal. This year I am stuck next to skottyj as well. As far as rowdy fans go well I can only count a handful of times when the fans got really obnoxious (usually some young drunk punks) even then there were enough of us around that they quieted down when asked of course with skottyj around now no mofo will be disrespectin...

Hey skotty - "I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

jenn2080
01-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Yeah because the Southside is just filled with classy people.:rolleyes:

I have been in 161 for 3 years and I have seen very few problems. I think the in 2006 there were quite a few fights in the first few weeks, but that died down.

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 02:40 PM

I agree that no area should be off limits for kids, all I'm saying is that the reality of it is that there are a lot of idiots in the bleachers and I would just assume not subject my kids to that.

skottyj242
01-22-2008, 02:47 PM

What about the Bullpen Sports Bar?

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
What about the Bullpen Sports Bar?

How is that bar by the way?

VenturaFan23
01-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I think the drunkest people are behind the bleachers on the concourse.

Completely agree with that one. Especially the morons who block your way down to your section.

skottyj242
01-22-2008, 03:10 PM

It was much better when you could smoke in there.

VenturaFan23
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I have been in 161 for 3 years and I have seen very few problems. I think the in 2006 there were quite a few fights in the first few weeks, but that died down.

I've seen many strange creatures and/or occurances in section 163 this past season. Looking forward to being in 161 this year.

skottyj242
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
I've been in 160 since '03 and love it. Granted there are days when it can get pretty damned hot out there and you have no protection from the rain but no big deal. This year I am stuck next to skottyj as well. As far as rowdy fans go well I can only count a handful of times when the fans got really obnoxious (usually some young drunk punks) even then there were enough of us around that they quieted down when asked of course with skottyj around now no mofo will be disrespectin...

Hey skotty - "I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Dude, you pissed on Mark's foot....then forgot about it ten minutes later.

pdimas
01-22-2008, 03:26 PM

Leg dammit. Mr. I puked in my beer so let me get another one.....

pdimas
01-22-2008, 03:27 PM
...and I forgot within seconds of doing it......

jenn2080
01-22-2008, 03:32 PM

Leg dammit. Mr. I puked in my beer so let me get another one.....

...and I forgot within seconds of doing it......

You both should have kept that to yourself. That is nothing to be proud about.

fed ex 4 pasqua
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Been in 161 since 1993. Good times, good times.

pdimas
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
You both should have kept that to yourself. That is nothing to be proud about.

...lame....

soxfan21
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
To me it's just like a neighborhood sports bar except with a lot more sox fans in it. I haven't gone down there too much in the past unless I had really bad seats somewhere in the stadium, and got there early just so I could have a window seat. It's really a different view when you are at field level.

diehardRLsoxfan
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
To me it's just like a neighborhood sports bar except with a lot more sox fans in it. I haven't gone down there too much in the past unless I had really bad seats somewhere in the stadium, and got there early just so I could have a window seat. It's really a different view when you are at field level.

I may have to check that out this year. I imagine it fills up quick during rain delays.

Region Rat
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Every time I come home on leave, my boys and I mob to the bleachers. We are usually getting pretty rowdy:gulp::gulp::gulp:, but tone it down if we end up around families, or if someone complains. Its a great time out there, fun atmosphere, and if down low enough, it offers a good view of the game. (which is the most important thing, of course) Have fun!!

Soxfanspcu11
02-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm a Full Season Ticket holder in Section 163, Row 11. I have had these seats since 1997. And I absolutely LOVE IT out there!!!!!

I have had numerous chances to change locations but I have rejected them every time!!! I really enjoy my seats, they are damn near perfect!! You can see EVERYTHING from my seats, all scoreboards included and I am on the aisle, so I come and go as I please. Plus, the restrooms are located nearly directly behind my seats and all the good concessions (Beer and GREAT food) are located right there as well!!! On top of all that, it is PRIME Homerun territory. I have caught close to 30 Homerun Balls in my time there!!

I can not say enough how much I LOVE it out there!!!!! WHEW!!! All this talk is getting my PUMPED for April!!!!!:bandance::gulp::)

diehardRLsoxfan
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm a Full Season Ticket holder in Section 163, Row 11. I have had these seats since 1997. And I absolutely LOVE IT out there!!!!!

I have had numerous chances to change locations but I have rejected them every time!!! I really enjoy my seats, they are damn near perfect!! You can see EVERYTHING from my seats, all scoreboards included and I am on the aisle, so I come and go as I please. Plus, the restrooms are located nearly directly behind my seats and all the good concessions (Beer and GREAT food) are located right there as well!!! On top of all that, it is PRIME Homerun territory. I have caught close to 30 Homerun Balls in my time there!!

I can not say enough how much I LOVE it out there!!!!! WHEW!!! All this talk is getting my PUMPED for April!!!!!:bandance::gulp::)

163 row 7...see ya there!

MinnySoxFan
02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
I'll be section 163 row 14 for the july 19th and row 13 for the july 20th game. I hope to see you there!

soxfan21
02-14-2008, 04:41 AM
I'll be in 160 row 22 for Opening Day, other than that I will be in 159 row 10 for most of the season.

shenk1616
02-14-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm in Section 163 Row 6....just off of the aisle with the Double Play Plan!

pdimas
02-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I'll be in 160 Row 2 sitting with my dad, chisoxfannick, and skottyj which would be seats 10, 9, 8, and 7 I believe. My gf just got season tix in 160 Row 5. I love sitting in the bleachers. I tried the seats a few times but it didn't take :D:.

Jerko
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
I haven't sat in my seat in 2 years but I'm excited to see my new one; 159 row 8 seat 1. My friends have seats in 2 different areas of 163 so I usually "concourse it" there.

cwsfannick
02-14-2008, 09:11 PM
I'll be in 160 Row 2 sitting with my dad, chisoxfannick, and skottyj which would be seats 10, 9, 8, and 7 I believe. My gf just got season tix in 160 Row 5. I love sitting in the bleachers. I tried the seats a few times but it didn't take :D:.

Um, I think you mean cwsfannick. Oh what a year it is going to be. I think we can squeeze the gf in. What happened to the seats next to us?

MCHSoxFan
02-19-2008, 04:31 PM
I'll be in 160 row 22 for Opening Day, other than that I will be in 159 row 10 for most of the season.

Hey. How is the view from section 159 row 10? Also, can you see the pitchers in the bullpen warming up quite well?

pdimas
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Um, I think you mean cwsfannick. Oh what a year it is going to be. I think we can squeeze the gf in. What happened to the seats next to us?

They got released to somebody. My gf was too slow in making up her mind about the tix. Still row 5 ain't too bad. Sorry about the name :redface:.

soxfan21
02-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey. How is the view from section 159 row 10? Also, can you see the pitchers in the bullpen warming up quite well?
It's not too bad from there. No obstructions at all, you can see the entire field as well as the scoreboards. You can see the pitchers pretty good if you have a lowered numbered seat, but even if you don't you can still get a glimpse of them warming up.

MCHSoxFan
02-19-2008, 07:53 PM
It's not too bad from there. No obstructions at all, you can see the entire field as well as the scoreboards. You can see the pitchers pretty good if you have a lowered numbered seat, but even if you don't you can still get a glimpse of them warming up.

Row 4 to be exact. Lastly, how about the view of the mound/HP? They are the farthest from the seats.

Thanks! :D:

soxfan21
02-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Row 4 to be exact. Lastly, how about the view of the mound/HP? They are the farthest from the seats.

Thanks! :D:
You should have a pretty good view of everything from there. Even though the mound is sort of far away, you should still get a pretty good view from there.

MCHSoxFan
02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
You should have a pretty good view of everything from there. Even though the mound is sort of far away, you should still get a pretty good view from there.

Yeah, that is true. However, basically all of the balls will be hit towards me so I will know what is going on. Also, I will facing 2nd/3rd base so I can see the runners. I think I will be fine. Once again, THANKS!!! :smile:

diehardRLsoxfan
02-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I can't wait to yuck it up with some true bleacherites this year! My only bleacher experience last year was at a Flubbies game....needless to say I need to get that taste out of my mouth.

skottyj242
02-20-2008, 12:01 PM

I like chisoxfannick better.

NoNeckEra
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I can't wait to yuck it up with some true bleacherites this year! My only bleacher experience last year was at a Flubbies game....needless to say I need to get that taste out of my mouth.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned before in this thread (I don't think) is that there are always a lot of empty seats in the bleachers since many fans choose to hang out on the concourse. This is a good thing for breathing room, but a lot of people just sit anywhere they want when they return and it's not unusual to have someone in your seat, or partially hanging over your seat since it's just a bench, not a chair. You've got to roll with it, especially if your row happens to be packed.

DumpJerry
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned before in this thread (I don't think) is that there are always a lot of empty seats in the bleachers since many fans choose to hang out on the concourse. This is a good thing for breathing room, but a lot of people just sit anywhere they want when they return and it's not unusual to have someone in your seat, or partially hanging over your seat since it's just a bench, not a chair. You've got to roll with it, especially if your row happens to be packed.
I thought it was because people pass out from sitting in the microwave, I mean Sun, for three hours.

I need my shade. That's why I face you guys from 114.

MCHSoxFan
02-20-2008, 05:03 PM

That is why I prefer Lower Reserve. Yes, it is more money. However, per game @ the box office, it is only a $1 more.

pdimas
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM

Depends on what section you are in the lady ushering our section is a Nazi :D:. Sometimes when our row was empty and I knew the people next to us weren't coming (friends of ours) some of our buddies would come down. We had to make sure they didnt come the aisle she was working because she wouldnt let them down. She knows us pretty well and always goofs around with us but she is still pretty tough.

soxfan21
02-20-2008, 05:11 PM
That is why I prefer Lower Reserve. Yes, it is more money. However, per game @ the box office, it is only a $1 more.
I feel the exact same way, that and the fact that when it is sunny and 90 out it does, as DumpJerry mentioned, turn into a microwave out there.

diehardRLsoxfan
02-20-2008, 05:41 PM

I'm pretty laid back so that shouldn't be a problem. I like the fact that there may be some extra room from time to time to stretch out....of course I am just as likely to be one of the people who ends up on the concourse for much of the game.

And if it is a sox fan in my seat when I get back....no biggie....but anyone else, they may receive the accidental beer in the lap, no scratch that, the accidental soda in the lap.

pdimas
02-21-2008, 08:20 AM
People are pretty cool about moving over if they are in your seat for the most part. Occasionally we'll get the people that are adamant that they are in the right seats and then I politely point out that I have had the same seats for the past 3 years. No big deal.

It does get a bit hot on a sunny summer day but on the plus side you get a great tan :cool:. (one time it was so hot the foam from my beer dried to the side of my cup. The good news is on days like that you have an icee stand in the outfield behind right) You also do get a bit more room to stretch out than you do in the seats but on the downside no cupholders.

Occassionally you will get the obnoxious fan or fans that think that because they are in the bleachers that they can yell and swear up a storm.

skottyj242
02-21-2008, 08:34 AM
I thought it was because people pass out from sitting in the microwave, I mean Sun, for three hours.

I need my shade. That's why I face you guys from 114.

I feel the exact same way, that and the fact that when it is sunny and 90 out it does, as DumpJerry mentioned, turn into a microwave out there.

I sat in pdimas' seats (now my seats too) with his father and cwsfannick in 2006 the whole two games against the Red Sox on that hot hot Sunday afternoon. We went though about three or four four dollar bottles of water each.

fed ex 4 pasqua
02-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Eh, the same people who whine about the heat of the bleachers, also whine about how cold it is now. :shrug:

pdimas
02-21-2008, 08:51 AM
I sat in pdimas' seats (now my seats too) with his father and cwsfannick in 2006 the whole two games against the Red Sox on that hot hot Sunday afternoon. We went though about three or four four dollar bottles of water each.

I remember that day. I was pretty hung over and couldn't hang so I went to the bullpen bar for a bit and when that still wasn't helping I went home. I ended up catching most of the game at home on tv. I was glad I left that was a long ass game.

skottyj242
02-21-2008, 08:57 AM
I remember that day. I was pretty hung over and couldn't hang so I went to the bullpen bar for a bit and when that still wasn't helping I went home. I ended up catching most of the game at home on tv. I was glad I left that was a long ass game.

You were with that wholesome young girl.

pdimas
02-21-2008, 09:12 AM
You were with that wholesome young girl.

If you mean wholesome as in "Christina Aguilera in the Dirrty video" wholesome then yes she was as wholesome as they come. :tongue:

soxfan21
02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85003

I thought that this would get all of the season ticket holders this year a little excited. I was a little bored toninte and I decided to look at past threads from last year and noticed that there is only about a month until season tickets arrive. I'm just a little excited about this especially after reading some of these posts from the past years about WSIers receiving their tickets in the mail and reading how thrilled they were to open them up.

comiskeybum
02-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Mod Edit: You need to read this: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97276