PDA

View Full Version : Wrigley Ticket Scam

havelj
01-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Quietly this week, the north-side club started offering a 9-game ticket package. After investigating, the Cubs are forcing you to go to 6 of the 9 games...BEFORE May 17th. You can only get 3 games in the summer plus no Saturday/Sunday games and only 1 Friday game option. Scam.

http://frontline.protected.tickets.com/buy/MLBOnsale?poid=7944&agency=CUBS_FLEX&orgid=5&roomid=5

kittle42
01-19-2008, 11:13 AM
They'll be sold out practically all season. Why should they care?

PalehosePlanet
01-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Quietly this week, the north-side club started offering a 9-game ticket package. After investigating, the Cubs are forcing you to go to 6 of the 9 games...BEFORE May 17th. You can only get 3 games in the summer plus no Saturday/Sunday games and only 1 Friday game option. Scam.

http://frontline.protected.tickets.com/buy/MLBOnsale?poid=7944&agency=CUBS_FLEX&orgid=5&roomid=5

This is the same organization that buys 5,000 of their own tickets, per game, and sells them at ticket broker prices across the street under a different business entity.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

pierzynski07
01-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Looks like they're trying to offer them first dibs on a few good games, including one Sox game, providing that you buy several similar seats to hard-selling games.

Eh.

havelj
01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Looks like they're trying to offer them first dibs on a few good games, including one Sox game, providing that you buy several similar seats to hard-selling games.
Eh.

Wonder how JR reacts to this after the Sox started the "buy X number of games in order to see a Cubs-Sox game idea" about 10 years ago and got ripped for it. At least then you could choose ANY other games in the package. So what this cubbie crap is:
Buy 6 games from April 1-May 16 and you get to go to the Friday Cub-Sox game.

Interesting.

DumpJerry
01-19-2008, 12:38 PM

It's not a scam. Presumably you know what games you are getting before forking over your MasterCard number. I tried the link, but it was too busy and I was sent to the waiting room. That tells me somebody doesn't mind early season games or they have a bunch of computers up and running at Cub Fest with a sign saying "use these terminals to tell Mark Prior what you think of him" but really directs you to this scam.

01-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Who cares?? What a waste of WSI space.

havelj
01-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Who cares?? What a waste of WSI space.

I do because of all the crap the Sox took ten years ago for starting this type of ticket program.

SOXfnNlansing
01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
the past 2 years I got tickets at wrigley for the Sox games online the afternoon before the game. At cubs.com I got 2nd row seats behind the 3rd base field tarp. Last year I was in the 4th row behind the cub dugout (single ticket) and my buddy was in the 5th row in the same section. We were able to work something out so we could sit together.

As far as JR getting ripped for what he did in the past, who cares. Just as long as we love our team and support them, who cares about the rest of them. This thread (no offense) reminds me of posters who 'cry' about no love from BBTN when we had the best record in baseball a couple years ago.

Frontman
01-19-2008, 09:05 PM
I do because of all the crap the Sox took ten years ago for starting this type of ticket program.

Still isn't a "scam" though. If you see what games you are buying, only the uneducated would then cry foul for not reading to see they are early season games.

That's my goal once I get my own route in the Post Office. I'm going to buy my Ozzie plan (hopefully its still named that when I do go "regular" as a carrier) for a few seats, get the best seat selection available; and enjoy Sox games. If they are early in the season? So what. If I still want to go to late season games, I'll buy more.

dickallen15
01-19-2008, 09:38 PM
This "plan" is for people sitting on the Cubs season ticket waiting list. Its people that want to pay for these games anyway, and the Cubs picked the games so there still will be tickets left for those without season tickets for some of the more desired games.

raven1
01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
To be fair to the Cubs (as unpopular as that is around here) their schedule is very front-end loaded - a lot of early season home games, mostly road games in September. They play a disproportionate number of games in April & May, so of course those are the ones they would be trying to move.

The unbalanced schedule shouldn't hurt their attendance, though. The Sox might want to try a mirror-image variation on this themselves - pre-sell the September home games as part of an attractive package now, so they won't be playing to an empty stadium if the team gets off to a slow start.