PDA

View Full Version : Indians lose again

sox_fan_4life
04-20-2002, 08:42 PM
Sox are now tied for second with cleveland. 1/2 game behind the twinkies.

MattSharp
04-20-2002, 10:21 PM
I think this is just the beginning....

Matt Lawton is not nearly as good as he is playing. Ellis Burks can't keep this up all year. And unless they trade for Cliff Floyd their lineup isn't isn't very good.

As for their pitching:

Bartolo is a good pitcher, but I don't think he is this good. I think he could be one of the best No. 2 men in the league, but he's no ace.

CC Sabathia and Danny Baez are about to be real good, but they aren't to the level yet so I don't see them doing it.

I think the Sox are in real good shape right now....

baggio202
04-20-2002, 10:29 PM
win 10 in a row..now on a 5 game bender...this teams streaks worse than choice :)

SOXSINCE'70
04-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Will someone please cool the Twinkies down??
Jeez,I knew they'd be good,but not this good.
Glad we don't face them till the end of June.Hopefully,they'll have come back to Earth by then.
Yeah,right.

Good news,Sox fans:Sox killer Joe Mays is on the DL.

Could he stay there every time we play the Twinkies this year??

LOL!!!!

:firenardi

"Dan Wright can't throw strikes.Garland's head is up his @$$,and Marte makes me age 30 years every time he pitches.To Hell with that loser Baylor: WHY THE %*&# DO I HAVE A JOB??"

doublem23
04-20-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
Will someone please cool the Twinkies down??
Jeez,I knew they'd be good,but not this good.

Uh.... isn't that the EXACT same thing we were saying about the Indians like a week ago?

Please... The Twins suck.

SOXSINCE'70
04-20-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Uh.... isn't that the EXACT same thing we were saying about the Indians like a week ago?

Please... The Twins suck.

That's why I thought last year.Our 2001 record against the Twinkies: 5-14.Did you forget Foulke's blown save last June?Wells (Dave,not Kip) having a horrendous outing against them in April?? The fact that the Sox made Corey Koskie,Torii Hunter,Jacque Jones,Doug Mantkiewcz,Brian Buchannan,AJ Pierczynski and Christian Guzman household names??

'Nuff said.

voodoochile
04-20-2002, 11:48 PM
Well, I blew it. I said I thought the Tribe was better than third, and I was wrong, dead wrong. That team is in for a long season. You should see the posts on the Troll -tribe board about what to do with the lineup ("Tribe should bat Gutierrez second because he hit .320 in that slot for the flubbies.") I have a suggestion, throw them all away except for Lawton and Thome and start over (hehe)...

Serious question though - Last year the Sox set a record by being the first team in history to come from 15 games under to finish over .500 at the end. What's the opposite record? What's the worst any team has ever finished after being 10 games over .500 at any point in the season?

Expecting a rainout tomorrow, if the Tribe wins and the Sox win Monday, Sox will be in first by a game...

doublem23
04-20-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70

That's why I thought last year.Our 2001 record against the Twinkies: 5-14.Did you forget Foulke's blown save last June?Wells (Dave,not Kip) having a horrendous outing against them in April?? The fact that the Sox made Corey Koskie,Torii Hunter,Jacque Jones,Doug Mantkiewcz,Brian Buchannan,AJ Pierczynski and Christian Guzman household names??

'Nuff said.

Blegh! History-shmistory...

Brian Buchanan?

You honestly have to be kidding if you think this team is anything like last year's team. The Sox are better nearly across the board. I agree with RPS.. I am NOT scared of the Twins.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-21-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Serious question though - Last year the Sox set a record by being the first team in history to come from 15 games under to finish over .500 at the end. What's the opposite record? What's the worst any team has ever finished after being 10 games over .500 at any point in the season?

I'm not sure of that specific record, but I know the '77 Flubbies were the first team to move 25 games over .500 to then slump bad enough to ever see .500 again. In fact, those losers had to win their last game just to finish at .500.

I tell yeah, it's a laugh a minute with that ballclub!

:)

RedPinStripes
04-21-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

I agree with RPS.. I am NOT scared of the Twins.

At least some one does. lol I'll bet the Sox kick their ass this year. They are playing very good fundamental baseball and that is the only reason the twins owned the Sox last year. Plus, I don't see many pitchers keeping this lineup quiet for long. If lofton or Ray get on base, a pitcher really should be concerned how he's going to face frank, maggs, konerko, Manos, and sometimes Lee. That's a lot to worry about for any pitcher if you have 1 or 2 speedsters on the bases. The Sox will lead the league in runs this year.

Daver
04-21-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

The Sox were the first team to come from 16 games under .500 to above it in 20 years,not in history,IIRC the Tigers did it in 1981.

voodoochile
04-21-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by daver

The Sox were the first team to come from 16 games under .500 to above it in 20 years,not in history,IIRC the Tigers did it in 1981.

I stand corrected... Thanks Daver, I thought I read that it was a historical moment...

ma-gaga
04-21-2002, 01:49 PM
Hey, the Twinks just knocked Cleveland out of first place. There is still a long way to go in this season before I'll believe you that they suck.

:) Good luck against Detroit. You are jumping all over them.

doublem23
04-21-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I tell yeah, it's a laugh a minute with that ballclub!

You don't laugh enough, PHG... :)

ma-gaga
04-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Twins won again. Two straight sweeps for the Tribe.

:)

4-2 final, Rick Reed pitched 6+ innings. Tribe is losing their hot start. All their talk of "best start in 14 years" is gone. Can't say I'm really upset.