PDA

View Full Version : I pity the remaining fans of the Florida Marlins

Fenway
01-18-2008, 10:10 AM
They have just hired the worst play-by-play man I have ever heard...( and yes that includes Farmo )

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080117&content_id=2349421&vkey=news_fla&fext=.jsp&c_id=fla

"The decision to leave the Red Sox was certainly not easy for my family and me. But, beginning with [owner] Jeffrey Loria, [president] David Samson and P.J. Loyello, everyone we've encountered with the Marlins has been tremendous and so welcoming. I'm grateful for the confidence they've shown in me, and I can't wait to get to Spring Training and go to work."

Geffner graduated from Palmetto Senior High in 1986, and he began his broadcasting career as a student at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.

Glenn the reason you are leaving the Red Sox is that Dave O'Brien is giving up his ESPN work on soccer and MLB to do Boston radio fulltime.

Bump34
01-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Tell us how you really feel...

Oblong
01-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Doesn't the "tree falling in the woods" question apply in this situation

Optipessimism
01-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Doesn't the "tree falling in the woods" question apply in this situation
Yes it does, but the proverb is wrong. If a tree falls and no one is around it still makes a sound. It's a tree. Just like, if Mariotti opens his mouth when no one is around, does crap still spew out of it? Of course it does.

Fenway
01-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Tell us how you really feel...

Dave...Geffner was terrible in Pawtucket doing TV. He was the Red Sox PR director and Lucchino wanted him to replace the popular Trupiano. Castigleone almost quit last season he was so bad on the air.

I feel for Dave Van Horne who is one of the best announcers nobody has ever heard. Was Expos play by play in english from day 1 and then Loria brought him to Miami.