PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Game

voodoochile
04-20-2002, 06:12 PM
I will be kind of surprised if they play tomorrow. The forcast is for very rough weather all day - lots of rain and wind and highs only in the low 40's. So it looks like Rauch will get skipped again.

Nice win today. To bad Garland struggled so much, but the offense came to play and that is going to be our strong point on this team, especially early in the season. Hopefully the young pitchers will find their groove as the season progresses and then the Sox will be a team to be reckoned with...

HawkDJ
04-20-2002, 06:15 PM
Yeah the forcast calls for rain pretty much non stop the whole day. There is an 80% chance of rain and the high will be somewhere in the 40's and the wind in the 20 MPH range. If they do play it, it will not be pretty.

Jerry_Manuel
04-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Hopefully the young pitchers will find their groove as the season progresses and then the Sox will be a team to be reckoned with...

I love the optimism. Nowhere else but at WSI.

GASHWOUND
04-20-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I will be kind of surprised if they play tomorrow. The forcast is for very rough weather all day - lots of rain and wind and highs only in the low 40's. So it looks like Rauch will get skipped again.

Nice win today. To bad Garland struggled so much, but the offense came to play and that is going to be our strong point on this team, especially early in the season. Hopefully the young pitchers will find their groove as the season progresses and then the Sox will be a team to be reckoned with...

Jeez, that sucks. Maybe you can use some of that voodoo magic to make it go away.
So that means Rauch will start against the 'Toons in game #1??? Or will we just skip his turn completely and go with Buehrle in game 1?
And I just looked at the upcomeing schedule, Whoo! man, its gonna be tough. Wth the A's, Mariners, and the 'Toons this up coming series. It's gonna show what we're made of, I can tell you that.

RedPinStripes
04-20-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I love the optimism. Nowhere else but at WSI.

:troll

HA!

Jerry_Manuel
04-20-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
:troll

HA!

Whatever.

doublem23
04-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
So that means Rauch will start against the 'Toons in game #1??? Or will we just skip his turn completely and go with Buehrle in game 1?

Rauch... in game one of a series... against Cleveland...

Worked last time! :D:

:sweep

voodoochile
04-21-2002, 12:37 AM
I can't picture them moving Burly-Mon the Hurling-Mon back a day when he is pitching as well as he is - Ritchie either. Look for Rauch to be moved until at least Wednesday, IMO - provided tomorrow is canceled. Maybe they will skip Wright on Wednesday and give Rauch that start (that is what I would do), then Garland on Thursday and Wright can start Friday.

I think the Cleveland series is too big to *** around with. We've got them down, we should keep them down. That of course presupposes that the nasty weather here tomorrow doesn't flow into Cleveland on Monday and cancel that game too...

doublem23
04-21-2002, 12:41 AM
I dunno... Wright looked pretty damned good in his two starts on the road, so I think I'd rather see him starting Game 4 on Thursday over Garland if that's how it spells out...

HawkDJ
04-21-2002, 12:21 PM
Weather.com is now reporting that it should be just cloudy at game time and only a 30% chance of rain. Looks like the game will be played after all.

voodoochile
04-21-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Weather.com is now reporting that it should be just cloudy at game time and only a 30% chance of rain. Looks like the game will be played after all.

Yeah, it doesn't look too bad at the moment... Maybe we'll get "lucky" and get this one in. Though it will still only be in the low 40's and windy... I do not envy the 7K who will venture out to watch this one...

Iwritecode
04-21-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

I think they will. Here in Rockford it's raining but it's more of a misting type rain. It's cold, it's wet, but it still playable. As said before, they'll play, but it won't be pretty...

RedPinStripes
04-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Whatever.

Just messing with ya jm. :D:

voodoochile
04-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I think they will. Here in Rockford it's raining but it's more of a misting type rain. It's cold, it's wet, but it still playable. As said before, they'll play, but it won't be pretty...

Yeah, the latest radar shows the final wave of rain moving north of the city and the current batch is almost gone from here. Still the wind-chill is 31 degrees - OUCH!!!

Hope Rauch can pitch over the cold, no one is going to want to be on the field today... Should be a pitchers plate on a freezing getaway day. Work 'em in and out Johnny...