PDA

View Full Version : Yanks pull offer (again) for Santana

jabrch
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
I am wondering if they will regret not pulling the trigger on this one. Hughes, Melky and one more prospect was a pretty good offer for a guy who was only going to be there for one more season. Now the question is what they will get for him. The Mets, the Red Sox and I guess Anaheim are the three most likely contenders. So the team with the best single prospect (Hughes) is out (for now). I wonder who can put together the best package with a bunch of parts.

sox1970
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Let's go Mets.

infohawk
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
These other teams are doing teams in the Central Division a huge service by not being so quick to overpay. The Twins need to get a haul for a player like Santana in order to remain competitive on a small budget. Actually, the best thing to happen for the White Sox would be for Santana to finish out the season with the Twins. I don't believe that will happen, but Santana only help them for one year whereas four or five decent to very good players help the Twins for several years. The smaller the package in return for Santana, the better for the Sox.