PDA

View Full Version : Paulie!

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Way to paulie! Could this be his breakout season? 20 rbi already...

CerberusWG
04-20-2002, 02:21 PM
I am VERY GLAD he's my 1B on my Fantasy team!

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
I am VERY GLAD he's my 1B on my Fantasy team!

7 teams...no paulie or buehrle for me.... :angry:

CerberusWG
04-20-2002, 02:33 PM
That sucks. I was on a 15 team league and I got both.

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
That sucks. I was on a 15 team league and I got both.

Honestly, i thought buehrle would drop off this season. Paul? I knew he would have a good year but i was hoping to get him cheap, like last season. No such luck....

HawkDJ
04-20-2002, 03:07 PM
Great the offense is working. How about we try pitching now?

GASHWOUND
04-20-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Great the offense is working. How about we try pitching now?

Exactly...How the hell are we suppose to be a contender with the bottom of our rotation stinkin' upthe joint? I'm getting sick of Wright and Garland and their damn walks! I wanna slap 'em on the back of the head everytime they walk somebody. They better get their act together.

bc2k
04-21-2002, 01:13 AM
Paulie is becoming one of the best clutch guys on the team. I'm confident when he steps to the plate.

Gashwound, who is that feminina on your sig?

doublem23
04-21-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Paulie is becoming one of the best clutch guys on the team. I'm confident when he steps to the plate.

Yet, you still want to run Frank out of town...

Anyone else perplexed? :?:

bc2k
04-21-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yet, you still want to run Frank out of town...

Anyone else perplexed? :?:

I don't see what is so perplexing. Paul Konerko drives in runners on base. Frank Thomas, 325, 43, 125 (These numbers showing his weight, waist size, and steps to reach first base) pops up every ball, killing every rally. His time has passed, put him out to pasture. Moooo

doublem23
04-21-2002, 01:46 AM

I don't see what is so perplexing. Paul Konerko drives in runners on base. Frank Thomas, 325, 43, 125 (These numbers showing his weight, waist size, and steps to reach first base) pops up every ball, killing every rally. His time has passed, put him out to pasture. Moooo

I guess you were too busy drinking you cafe latte to notice his monster blast in the fourth inning.... That ball was scalded.

Bmr31
04-21-2002, 02:48 AM

SPEAKING OF RACISTS....

RedPinStripes
04-21-2002, 02:59 AM

Do you have any idea of what you're talking about?

Nellie_Fox
04-21-2002, 03:16 AM
You can only wish you had the kind of physique the big man has. A 43 inch waist? His gut is flat as a board.

How much longer are we going to have to put up with the trolling of bc2k?

bc2k
04-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

SPEAKING OF RACISTS....

I don't like Frank Thomas. Why am I always defending myself on my opinion of him. Most Sox fans like Frank. We all aren't going to agree on favorite and least favorite players. That is why we have WSI to discuss it.

And BMR, why call me a racist? I don't like Frank, who is black, for his baseball skills. I never said bad comments about him as a man. Your comment was uncalled for, and I'm, well, not offended, but angered and mostly confused why you would say that about me. Outside of WSI, we have never had any communication. You don't even know the color of my skin, let alone the content of my character.

Nellie, do I have to show you all my Sox ticket stubs to prove to you I am a sox fan? Why do you think I'm trolling?

Doublem, I never doubted Frank would get his numbers, I said I wished he would get them in the clutch. And I don't drink coffee, or alcohol for that matter.

Nellie_Fox
04-22-2002, 12:17 AM
Nellie, do I have to show you all my Sox ticket stubs to prove to you I am a sox fan? Why do you think I'm trolling?

You don't have to prove anything to me. I was here the night you made your first post. You were looking for a fight then, and pretty much every post I've seen you make since seems to be looking for a fight.
Frank Thomas, 325, 43, 125 (These numbers showing his weight, waist size, and steps to reach first base)
Yeah, this is a fair and honest criticism of Frank, not at all a troll trying to get a reaction.

bc2k
04-22-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

You don't have to prove anything to me. I was here the night you made your first post. You were looking for a fight then, and pretty much every post I've seen you make since seems to be looking for a fight.

What part of my Frank post was looking for a fight? Was I ripping anyone from WSI?

FarWestChicago
04-22-2002, 12:59 AM

What part of my Frank post was looking for a fight?:whoflungpoo

Bmr31
04-22-2002, 01:27 AM

What part of my Frank post was looking for a fight? Was I ripping anyone from WSI?

hmm let me help ya with this....we are all whitesox fans, we love the whitesox. Frank Thomas is one of the greatest whitesox players and we love him too. When you attack something, that people love, theyre gonna fight back....does that help?

doublem23
04-22-2002, 01:36 AM

Originally posted by Bmr31
hmm let me help ya with this....we are all whitesox fans, we love the whitesox. Frank Thomas is one of the greatest whitesox players and we love him too. When you attack something, that people love, theyre gonna fight back....does that help?

And to add to that, it's not even like your really backing you point up at all except with your now obvious opinion that you don't like him. There's nothing wrong with saying someone should be benched for the good of the team, but you're not telling us WHY he should be benched. From my perspective, you obviously don't like Frank and that's the only real reason you feel he should go. Most of us are statheads (or at least, semi-statheads), and need a little more quantitative data than some numbers you made up. (325? Not even close!)

bc2k
04-22-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

And to add to that, it's not even like your really backing you point up at all except with your now obvious opinion that you don't like him. There's nothing wrong with saying someone should be benched for the good of the team, but you're not telling us WHY he should be benched. From my perspective, you obviously don't like Frank and that's the only real reason you feel he should go. Most of us are statheads (or at least, semi-statheads), and need a little more quantitative data than some numbers you made up. (325? Not even close!)

Okay, fair enough. Let me first say I have liked him for most of his career. When he had those bad years, like many I couldn't stand him. Sure those numbers were good for ozzie guillen, but as far as Frank's standards, he let me down.

Now, his 2000 campaign did some to win me back but whatever good he won back was lost while hurt during the 2001 season. I don't blame him for getting injured, it is just that it has been two years since I have seen him dominant, and I question if he still has it. When he starts this season killing rallys with infield flys and k's, I had no choice to show disgust for the player. Note: If this was a player without Thomas' history, I would not be nearly as harsh on him, maybe even like him. But this is Frank, and I expect him to drive in runs and not pop up every time runners are on base.
And I don't like him taking the first two pitches every at bat. In today's loss to Cleveland in the 8th inning?, he watches two good pitches go past him, and later in the count swings at the worst pitch of that series; a sinker in the dirt. I like patient hitters who can run up a pitcher's pitch count, but not when the first two are strikes down the middle. If I can see Thomas taking every first two pitches, so can every team in the game.

I got bashed in the offseason for criticizing Thomas because he can't steel bases and isn't the perfect DH (Rich was just one of many). Well I do give Frank credit for taking that base last series.

Daver
04-22-2002, 10:24 PM

Okay, fair enough. Let me first say I have liked him for most of his career. When he had those bad years, like many I couldn't stand him. Sure those numbers were good for ozzie guillen, but as far as Frank's standards, he let me down.

Now, his 2000 campaign did some to win me back but whatever good he won back was lost while hurt during the 2001 season. I don't blame him for getting injured, it is just that it has been two years since I have seen him dominant, and I question if he still has it. When he starts this season killing rallys with infield flys and k's, I had no choice to show disgust for the player. Note: If this was a player without Thomas' history, I would not be nearly as harsh on him, maybe even like him. But this is Frank, and I expect him to drive in runs and not pop up every time runners are on base.
And I don't like him taking the first two pitches every at bat. In today's loss to Cleveland in the 8th inning?, he watches two good pitches go past him, and later in the count swings at the worst pitch of that series; a sinker in the dirt. I like patient hitters who can run up a pitcher's pitch count, but not when the first two are strikes down the middle. If I can see Thomas taking every first two pitches, so can every team in the game.

I got bashed in the offseason for criticizing Thomas because he can't steel bases and isn't the perfect DH (Rich was just one of many). Well I do give Frank credit for taking that base last series.

OK,you are critisczing a HOF player because of two bad seasons,and then flip flopping that you liked him till he hit two average seasons,And in the bad seasons you are referring to he hit and drove in runs better than most number three hitters in the game,period.

Admit that you have a personal reason for not liking him and move on,the numbers will always say you are wrong.

bc2k
04-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by daver

OK,you are critisczing a HOF player because of two bad seasons,and then flip flopping that you liked him till he hit two average seasons,And in the bad seasons you are referring to he hit and drove in runs better than most number three hitters in the game,period.

Admit that you have a personal reason for not liking him and move on,the numbers will always say you are wrong.

Daver, is a HOFer perfect? Are we never to talk bad about HOFers because they're untouchable? Am I just supposed to bow and blindly praise everything Thomas does? I'm never going to do that to any player and I hope you wouldn't either.

Admitting I have a personal reason for disliking Thomas doesn't mean anything. There are many players who I dislike and think are thugs, but respect what they do on the diamond and enjoy watching them play. Thomas, I'm afraid does not fall into that category.

Daver
04-23-2002, 10:22 PM

Daver, is a HOFer perfect? Are we never to talk bad about HOFers because they're untouchable? Am I just supposed to bow and blindly praise everything Thomas does? I'm never going to do that to any player and I hope you wouldn't either.

Admitting I have a personal reason for disliking Thomas doesn't mean anything. There are many players who I dislike and think are thugs, but respect what they do on the diamond and enjoy watching them play. Thomas, I'm afraid does not fall into that category.

I am not a fan of Frank Thomas the person,he has done and said many things that I disagree with,but I would not jump on a bandwagon to run a HOF player out of town the way that you seem to want to.All I am saying is respect what he has done and will do for the team,and admit to the fact that he will be here for a long time whether you like him or not.

Randar68
04-23-2002, 10:25 PM
There are many players who I dislike and think are thugs, but respect what they do on the diamond and enjoy watching them play. Thomas, I'm afraid does not fall into that category.

If you can't respect one of the 3 best hitters of his generation for his baseball abilities, please, do us all a favor and find a new favorite baseball team.

bc2k
04-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by daver

I am not a fan of Frank Thomas the person,he has done and said many things that I disagree with,but I would not jump on a bandwagon to run a HOF player out of town the way that you seem to want to.All I am saying is respect what he has done and will do for the team,and admit to the fact that he will be here for a long time whether you like him or not.

Ok, I can't disagree with any of that. On opening day 2010, when Frank thows out the first pitch, I would gladly stand and cheer for all he has done in a Sox uniform.

And yes, no matter how much I dislike Frank, he will probably be here through the end of his contract in 2006.

Let me leave you with this, if KW cries poor and says he cannot afford Lofton and Thomas, would you trade Thomas to free up the money to sign Lofton, or let Lofton walk and keep Thomas? I want to hear who Daver and who everyone else would keep.

Daver
04-23-2002, 11:03 PM

Ok, I can't disagree with any of that. On opening day 2010, when Frank thows out the first pitch, I would gladly stand and cheer for all he has done in a Sox uniform.

And yes, no matter how much I dislike Frank, he will probably be here through the end of his contract in 2006.

Let me leave you with this, if KW cries poor and says he cannot afford Lofton and Thomas, would you trade Thomas to free up the money to sign Lofton, or let Lofton walk and keep Thomas? I want to hear who Daver and who everyone else would keep.

Frank is untradeable,he has a no trade clause in his contract and is a five and ten guy on top of that,he only moves if it his choice to do so.That being said,the teams budget is built on available money,so Frank's contract would have nothing to do with that,it is money that is already spent.I would rather see Borchard in CF next year over Lofton.