PDA

View Full Version : Parque update from last night

Jerry_Manuel
04-20-2002, 11:56 AM
Parque update: Jim Parque made his fourth start for Charlotte on Friday, losing 6-4 to Louisville. Parque, now 0-3, allowed four runs on nine hits in six innings, striking out three and walking none

palehosemike
04-20-2002, 01:02 PM
I for one think the butter has melted. Parque was never an overpowering pitcher. The speed of his pitches has been down which is a major concern. Guys with his current speed are more of your salad tossers, which Parque is not. They might as well set up the t-ball tee and let opposing hitters hit when he is pitching. If he is getting rocked @ AAA then it will be worse if he is brought up. Look for KW to package melted butter in a trade.

Jjav829
04-20-2002, 01:07 PM
Wow, I can't wait to see Parque back up with the big club

Soxheads
04-20-2002, 01:10 PM
Parque is a finesse pitcher and he's lost that. I would like to see him dealt. Maybe for some young bullpen help.

rmusacch
04-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by palehosemike
I for one think the butter has melted. Parque was never an overpowering pitcher. The speed of his pitches has been down which is a major concern. Guys with his current speed are more of your salad tossers, which Parque is not. They might as well set up the t-ball tee and let opposing hitters hit when he is pitching. If he is getting rocked @ AAA then it will be worse if he is brought up. Look for KW to package melted butter in a trade.

If he is not any good for us, why would any other team want him?

palehosemike
04-20-2002, 01:26 PM
Hence the PACKAGE deal idea...............

voodoochile
04-20-2002, 06:05 PM
That's better than he has been doing and with our offense would be pretty acceptable - though not spectacular. He is definitely improving, maybe he will be ready pretty soon.

Time will tell...

duke of dorwood
04-20-2002, 07:43 PM
Maybe he can learn the knuckleball. That would make his other stuff look fast, huh?

RedPinStripes
04-20-2002, 07:56 PM
He such a head case. He's pissing and moaning about not being in the mjors and look at what AAA players do to him.

doublem23
04-20-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He such a head case. He's pissing and moaning about not being in the mjors and look at what AAA players do to him.

I know! I HATE Jim Parque!

awesomefan
04-21-2002, 12:09 AM
I like Jim Parque