PDA

View Full Version : Cameron signs with Milwaukee

Rockabilly
01-11-2008, 02:38 PM
to a 1 year deal

hopefully the Brewers can win the NL central

rdwj
01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Nice pickup for them to replace Hall - loss of power, but a plus in D. That team is super-talented, but pretty young. They may very well win the Comedy Central

SOXBOY
01-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Did Hall leave? and if not how about a trade for Hall.

D. TODD
01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Nice pickup for them to replace Hall - loss of power, but a plus in D. That team is super-talented, but pretty young. They may very well win the Comedy Central Cameron leaving San Diego for Miller Park will up his HR numbers big time. I don't think the power numbers from Hall will be missed at all. (25 games off to start the year may be a bit of a hit to Cameron though)

Rockabilly
01-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Did Hall leave? and if not how about a trade for Hall.

I think Hall is moving to 3rd base and Braun to LF

rdwj
01-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I think Hall is moving to 3rd base and Braun to LF

Hmm, my mistake. I thought Hall was leaving as a free agent

brewcrew/chisox
01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
One year deal with a club option for the second. Numbers haven't been released yet.

I like the move as it moves Braun away from 3rd and Cameron should raise his average in Miller park a bit. Cameron's first game (he's suspended for 25 games for using stimulants) would be April 29th against the cubs.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/01/11/it-s-true-brewers-have-signed-cameron.aspx

soltrain21
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
How does it move Braun away from third? I'm confused.

FedEx227
01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Bill Hall can play 2B, SS, 3B, CF.

Braun plays 3B, but can't play it.

Thus now Bill Hall (Brewers CF from last year) will move onto 3rd, Braun to LF, Cameron to CF.

SoxNation05
01-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Thus now Bill Hall (Brewers CF from last year) will move onto 3rd, Braun to LF, Cameron to CF.
This now eliminates the Crede to Milwaukee trade.

FedEx227
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM

Exactly, which is not good. I love both of these teams but I'd really like to see the Sox ship off Crede no matter what team it was.

But that is now a damn good Milwaukee team.

1B: Prince
2B: Weeks
SS: Hardy
3B: Hall
LF: Braun
CF: Cameron
RF: Hart

Foulke You
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd say it lowers the chances for sure. The only way it could happen now is if Milwaukee spun Bill Hall in a trade.

thedudeabides
01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Exactly, which is not good. I love both of these teams but I'd really like to see the Sox ship off Crede no matter what team it was.

But that is now a damn good Milwaukee team.

1B: Prince
2B: Weeks
SS: Hardy
3B: Hall
LF: Braun
CF: Cameron
RF: Hart

That is a solid lineup. If Sheets ever figured out a way to stay healthy, they could be a favorite to win the NL.

soxinem1
01-11-2008, 05:04 PM

I'm not sure Bill Hall is much of a defensive upgrade at 3B. He sure was an Iron Glove contender at any INF position before. One of the reasons why he was moved to CF was to get him out of the infield.

FedEx227
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm not sure Bill Hall is much of a defensive upgrade at 3B. He sure was an Iron Glove contender at any INF position before. One of the reasons why he was moved to CF was to get him out of the infield.

Agreed, but Braun still looked lost out there. So it's pretty much a tallest midget competition.

cards press box
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I'd say it lowers the chances for sure. The only way it could happen now is if Milwaukee spun Bill Hall in a trade.

Maybe that's the potential trade -- Crede for Hall. The Brewers would get an established 3rd baseman and the Sox would get a good hitting outfielder/infielder who could play centerfield. Acquiring Hall would create a logjam in the outfield but depth is usually a nice problem to have.

Foulke You
01-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Maybe that's the potential trade -- Crede for Hall. The Brewers would get an established 3rd baseman and the Sox would get a good hitting outfielder/infielder who could play centerfield. Acquiring Hall would create a logjam in the outfield but depth is usually a nice problem to have.
I don't know too much about Hall. How is he defensively? What is his natural position? Can he play 2B?

I seem to remember the original trade rumor with Milwaukee spoke of Capuano coming to the South Side. With the price of starting pitching being so high, I doubt Joe Crede alone could get that deal done even though Capuano is just an innings eater/back end of the rotation type of guy.

cards press box
01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't know too much about Hall. How is he defensively? What is his natural position? Can he play 2B?

I seem to remember the original trade rumor with Milwaukee spoke of Capuano coming to the South Side. With the price of starting pitching being so high, I doubt Joe Crede alone could get that deal done even though Capuano is just an innings eater/back end of the rotation type of guy.

I thought Hall did a good job in center last year for the Crew. If I recall correctly, Hall came up as a shortstop so 2nd base shouldn't be a stretch, either. I'm a little leery about Capuano after the terrible second half he had last year.

ComiskeyBrewer
01-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Well, this shores up the defense at CF and greatly improves it at 3rd. Also, the total value of the deal for this year is 6.22 million dollars. The option is a 10 million dollar one, but i don't really see the brewers picking that up unless he really outperforms this year. Still, MC hit 22 HRs while playing 1/2 his games at Petco, he could easily hit 30 while playing in miller park.

drewcifer
01-12-2008, 03:46 AM
Good. Brewers continue to get better.

Jjav829
01-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I love this signing for the Brewers. When there was talk about them going after a 3B, I was confused because I thought they should have gone after someone to play center. I thought Hall did a decent job in center, given the way he has bounced around positions in recent years and his lack of playing time at the position. But he's not a guy you want patrolling center every day. Now they add both a great defensive player in center, plus another pretty good hitter to their lineup.

Very good move for the Brewers.