PDA

View Full Version : (Hopefully) Just a rumor...

MisterB
04-20-2002, 03:33 AM
This from Jayson Stark's Rumblings & Grumblings (http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stark_jayson/1370750.html)

Toss out Opening Day, and the Marlins' average attendance (8,913) is lower than the Yankees' average spring training attendance (10,150). So it won't take much drifting out of the race for the Marlins to unload more payroll. By which we mean Cliff Floyd. One rumor already floating: Floyd to Cleveland for Russell Branyan and a live bullpen arm. The Mariners, who could use a left-handed power bat, also figure to be very interested.

It would really cheese me off to see the Toons get a .300/30/100 LH bat for Russ "The Second Coming of Rob Deer" Branyon and anyone from that bullpen. If the Marlins are letting Floyd go that cheap, we should be able to get him straight up for Carlos Lee. Besides I thought the Jndjans were shedding payroll, so why add a guy making $5+ million? Hopefully just another baseless ESPN rumor.

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
This from Jayson Stark's Rumblings & Grumblings (http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stark_jayson/1370750.html)

It would really cheese me off to see the Toons get a .300/30/100 LH bat for Russ "The Second Coming of Rob Deer" Branyon and anyone from that bullpen. If the Marlins are letting Floyd go that cheap, we should be able to get him straight up for Carlos Lee. Besides I thought the Jndjans were shedding payroll, so why add a guy making $5+ million? Hopefully just another baseless ESPN rumor.

ummm let them have him,he gets injured EVERY year....!

doctor30th
04-20-2002, 08:23 PM
Left handed power bat? How about Cliff Floyd for Jeff liefer and a bullpen arm.

I am kidding of course. Floyd does have injury problems.

But If you get him, you can get something for Carlos and Floyd woud get his 400 at bats (cause the rest of the year he's injured), and Rowand would fill in the rest of the time (Until LTP gets better).

Dont' know if it's worth it though, isn't this his contract year?

Tragg
04-20-2002, 08:40 PM
Rob Deer - good one.

The Twins are the team to beat anyway. Somehow, we have to learn how to win on concrete.

Chisox_cali
04-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th

Dont' know if it's worth it though, isn't this his contract year?

I think it is

He is a Chicago Boy though I know that

MikeKreevich
04-20-2002, 09:08 PM
Everybody can't be hot at the same time. Carlos will do his part.

Chisox_cali
04-20-2002, 09:13 PM
If we could get the fish to toss in Brad Penny I would go for it

Something like:

Brad Penny and Cliff Floyd for Jeff Leifer Carlos Lee and if we can **** them over stick Butter in there :smile: