PDA

View Full Version : Went to the game tonight....

CLR01
04-20-2002, 01:11 AM
and IMO they went too far with the club level. I took a glance through the door leaving the stadium club and I couldnt help but look around for a group of old folks sitting around drinking Scotch and smoking fine cigars. Everything else was great except for the outcome, weather and price of jackets in the gift shop.

Nellie_Fox
04-20-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
I took a glance through the door leaving the stadium club and I couldnt help but look around for a group of old folks sitting around drinking Scotch and smoking fine cigars.
I'm not entirely clear on what you're saying here. I don't see a problem with scotch and fine cigars.

CLR01
04-20-2002, 01:33 AM
Im not saying there is a problem with drinking Scotch and smoking fine cigars. The place just doesnt seems like it belongs in a stadium.

Nellie_Fox
04-20-2002, 01:36 AM
Im not saying there is a problem with drinking Scotch and smoking fine cigars. The place just doesnt seems like it belongs in a stadium.
I've been in the stadium clubs at Comiskey and at Yankee Stadium. Believe me, the one at Yankee Stadium is many orders of magnitude more "old money" than the one at Comiskey.

CLR01
04-20-2002, 01:40 AM
no..no...I am not talking about the stadium club itself. I have been in the one at comiskey many times and it just reminds me of a nice sports bar. Alot like Champs. I was talking about the concourse for the area of seats designated club level.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-20-2002, 12:50 PM
no..no...I am not talking about the stadium club itself. I have been in the one at comiskey many times and it just reminds me of a nice sports bar. Alot like Champs. I was talking about the concourse for the area of seats designated club level.

The old club level concourse was about as plain as a hospital hallway. Just about as antiseptic, too. Plain concrete flooring, cinder block walls, no windows, etc. Even the oversized murals of Sox greats couldn't make up for the penitentiary atmosphere.

I haven't seen the new concourse, but the carpeting sounds a bit much. The brick on the main concourse is a huge improvement. Perhaps bricks is all the club level concourse needed too?

CLR01
04-20-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

The old club level concourse was about as plain as a hospital hallway. Just about as antiseptic, too. Plain concrete flooring, cinder block walls, no windows, etc. Even the oversized murals of Sox greats couldn't make up for the penitentiary atmosphere.

I haven't seen the new concourse, but the carpeting sounds a bit much. The brick on the main concourse is a huge improvement. Perhaps bricks is all the club level concourse needed too?

Yeah i think the bricks would have been just fine. Between the carpet and furniture (similar to attached pictures) they went too far. Ofcourse i didnt actually walk the concourse so i dont know if it is like that for the whole thing or just the section i saw.

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/chair.jpg