PDA

View Full Version : Yankees going hard after Cameron

Sockinchisox
01-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Normally I wouldn't post this because it's not that big, but it could mean they're on the verge of trading for Santana.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7659616

SoxNation05
01-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I am happy you did. If the Yanks get Santana then the Red Sox don't. Which means they have two CFs. Elsbury=Future. Which means COCO CRISP IS A WHITE SOCK!

103 screwball
01-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Coco is fine by me

Coco CF
Ocab SS
Swish 1b
Thome DH
Dye RF
Fields 3b
Kendrick 2b
AJ C
Quentin LF

Then a Konerko trade would not need to bring back a lead off hitter or a CF in an Angel trade.

SoxNation05
01-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Coco is fine by me

Coco CF
Ocab SS
Swish 1b
Thome DH
Dye RF
Fields 3b
Kendrick 2b
AJ C
Quentin LF

Then a Konerko trade would not need to bring back a lead off hitter or a CF in an Angel trade.
How do we get CocO?

nodiggity59
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
How do we get CocO?

We can get Coco for peanuts if we take his whole salary I'm sure. 2 years $11mil total I think. I guess Swish plus Coco = the money for Torii, probably better spent too.

Then Konerko and Richar for Kendrick, Santana, and Adenhart/Shields/Cotchman?

Haha at least it's closer to ST. These proposals are more fun cause they seem a little more real.

AnkleSox
01-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Ocab SS

:puking:

Sockinchisox
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM

You don't like Cabrera?

gogosox16
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM

why puking. Cause the guy said ocab instad of cabrera or something

SoxNation05
01-10-2008, 10:08 PM
why puking. Cause the guy said ocab instad of cabrera or something
I don't get it either, if guys don't try new nick names there will never be nick names.

jabrch
01-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I really don't want to see Coco Crisp here.

Tragg
01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Didn't we just acquire a CF?
If we traded all of that for a corner outfielder, then, well....we should have used resources to fill a need, instead of a position that is not a need.

SoxNation05
01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
If we traded all of that for a corner outfielder, then, well....we should have used resources to fill a need, instead of a position that is not a need.
Or we could of just got a 5th starter, like maybe Dan Haren?

103 screwball
01-10-2008, 10:36 PM

Ocab is just me being to lazy to type Orlando Cabrera. I do not want it to be his real nickname. Kinda like KW. Besides, I suk at speeling so if I inebriate an naim, eye cant speel it rong.

KW can get Crisp cheaper if the Yanks get Santana. The red sawks would no longer be pushing him on the twins. Coco can lead off and play solid defense. If he thrives away from Boston, his salary would be a bargain.

gogosox16
01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
expecially with the A's getting Aaron Cunningham and Chris Carter from the D-Backs and they were both with us...well if we wouldn't have Richar right now if we still had Cunningham and Carter for Quentin right now is kind of questionable

Tragg
01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
You're clammoring for the likes of Coco Crisp, yet laughing at a mistake I made? Go get em, big guy.

SoxNation05
01-10-2008, 10:43 PM
You're clammoring for the likes of Coco Crisp, yet laughing at a mistake I made? Go get em, big guy.
Haha, I will.

103 screwball
01-10-2008, 10:45 PM

We just traded for a versatile, fan favorite, high OBP, enthusiastic, reasonable priced potential star who is about to enter his prime in a much smaller ballpark. He can play CF. However, he gives the Sox the versatility to trade Konerko if a good opportunity presents itself. The Swisher trade was outstanding.

champagne030
01-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Coco is fine by me

Coco CF
Ocab SS
Swish 1b
Thome DH
Dye RF
Fields 3b
Kendrick 2b
AJ C
Quentin LF

Swisher is a nice addition, over what we had, but he's not a #3 hitter on a good team.

No and :dunno:

Huisj
01-10-2008, 10:48 PM
We would really have a great sounding lineup if we just called everyone by their ARod-KFed style nickname (well except if we got Crisp, because you have to call him Coco). Just imagine how dangerous this team would sound:

Coco
OCab
JTho
PKon (pecan? wait, I thought people called him walnuts)
JDye
APie (mm, that sounds tasty, I want some pie)
JCre
CQue
DRic

Or if JCre got traded, then throw in JFie instead, and it pretty much rhymes with Jcre! sweet.

And don't forget the rotation:

MBue
JVaz
JCon
JDan
GFlo (sounds like a decongestant medication or something)

And our great closer, BJen.

Talking about the Sox like that makes me much more confident for 2008. OGui will surely manage this team to a championship, and EFar and CSin will tell us all about it on the radio. I can't wait.

Tragg
01-10-2008, 10:49 PM
We just traded for a versatile, fan favorite, high OBP, enthusiastic, reasonable priced potential star who is about to enter his prime in a much smaller ballpark. He can play CF. However, he gives the Sox the versatility to trade Konerko if a good opportunity presents itself. The Swisher trade was outstanding.
His numbers as a first baseman are good, not great - moderate power for a first baseman offset by high obp. That's not 3 top prospects worth. As a CF, okay.
5 of the org's top 10 prospect are gone, and if an Owens/Crisp slapper is still leading off, that would be disappointing.
But, let's see what sort of young players Williams can get for Konerko.

103 screwball
01-10-2008, 11:03 PM
His numbers as a first baseman are good, not great - moderate power for a first baseman offset by high obp.

Of course he's a good hitter.

Point taken. His numbers as a first baseman would not be as good as Konerko's or maybe not even in the top 50% of first baseman in the league. Let's assume Swish will be a downgrade at first.

However, if KW can take Konerko and move him and his 12 million dollar salary for a guy like Kendrick, he has to do it. If he can move Konerko for prospects to get Bedard, do it. The upgrade at 2nd or starting pitching would improve the overall team is spite of the downgrade at first. The team not only improves, but gets younger and faster. I'm not saying dump Konerko. If a great offer comes, Swish makes it more likely.

As far as my lazy nicknames, I apologize for the Ocab. Orlando Cabrera. However, I'm sticking with Swish.

Tragg
01-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Point taken. His numbers as a first baseman would not be as good as Konerko's or maybe not even in the top 50% of first baseman in the league. Let's assume Swish will be a downgrade at first.

However, if KW can take Konerko and move him and his 12 million dollar salary for a guy like Kendrick, he has to do it. If he can move Konerko for prospects to get Bedard, do it. The upgrade at 2nd or starting pitching would improve the overall team is spite of the downgrade at first. The team not only improves, but gets younger and faster. I'm not saying dump Konerko. If a great offer comes, Swish makes it more likely.
Too many chain links and ifs. When you trade your 2 top prospects, you need to be more certain. You need to have a definite plan. I think Williams is reacting more than implementing a plan. If it's Bedard we want - we just traded a Bedard package, or close to it.

Right now we have 2 SS, 2 3b and per your scenario 2 1B. Look at the premise of this thread - Boston being stuck with 2 CF means that the price for Crisp just went way down. Welcome to the world of trading Crede, Uribe and now KOnerko.

Now, at this point, I certainly would trade Paul Konerko for some good young talent. I hope he can work that deal. On a side note, Kenny was after Bedard last year. Too bad that didn't work out, as the price was about 60% of this price.

Nellie_Fox
01-11-2008, 01:48 AM
I don't get it either, if guys don't try new nick names there will never be nick names.Yeah, because "first initial, first syllable" nicknames are "new."

pjchisox13
01-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Normally I wouldn't post this because it's not that big, but it could mean they're on the verge of trading for Santana.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7659616

With the Yankees going after Cameron doesn't that leave Melky Cabrera open for a trade? I don't know how much interest they have but didn't the Sox talk to the Yanks before about a possible trade for someone? Crisp would be nice because I believe he is a better base runner/stealer but Cabrera could play CF just as well too.

As far as my lazy nicknames, I apologize for the Ocab. Orlando Cabrera. However, I'm sticking with Swish. In one of my fantasy leagues we always called him "OC".

TommyJohn
01-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah, because "first initial, first syllable" nicknames are "new."

Ranks up there with calling a left-handed pitcher "Lefty."

DSpivack
01-11-2008, 10:11 AM
With the Yankees going after Cameron doesn't that leave Melky Cabrera open for a trade? I don't know how much interest they have but didn't the Sox talk to the Yanks before about a possible trade for someone? Crisp would be nice because I believe he is a better base runner/stealer but Cabrera could play CF just as well too.

In one of my fantasy leagues we always called him "OC".

And he played in Orange County.

russ99
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
And he played in Orange County.

Yep, that's what they called him in Anaheim.

I prefer "The OC" myself... :tongue:

103 screwball
01-11-2008, 11:03 AM
With the Yankees going after Cameron doesn't that leave Melky Cabrera open for a trade?

I would assume that Melky would be heading to the Twins.

Nellie_Fox
01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I would assume that Melky would be heading to the Twins.All of the sports talk up here in Minnesota is that the deal with the Mets is almost done.

Of course, they are no more reliable than Chicago sports talk radio, so caveat emptor.

fquaye149
01-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Long post in teal

Good thing you used teal! Otherwise people would have thought you were serious!

skottyj242
01-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I read yesterday that the Brewers were pretty close to signing him.

Sargeant79
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
All of the sports talk up here in Minnesota is that the deal with the Mets is almost done.

Of course, they are no more reliable than Chicago sports talk radio, so caveat emptor.

I would love for Santana to be out of the AL, but there has been a done deal to send him to the (Red Sox/Yankees/Mets) at least 3 times that I can remember in the last couple months. At this point, I'll believe it when it is formally announced.

getonbckthr
01-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Instead of trading for Crisp why dont we sign Corey Patterson? At this point i'm sure he will cost the same dollar wise.

103 screwball
01-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Instead of trading for Crisp why dont we sign Corey Patterson? At this point i'm sure he will cost the same dollar wise.

I've always heard that Patterson does not like leading off and does poorly batting there. He thinks he's suited for the middle of the lineup. Well, that alone tells you a bit about his attitude. Not really a team first attitude if true.

I think the Sox would get Crisp to have speed at the top as well as better defense up the middle. I don't think it will happen unless Konerko is delt. I guess Swish could play left with Crisp in center. Quentin or Owens on the bench or in the minors.

ws05champs
01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Just heard on CLTV that he signed with the Brewers.

soxfanreggie
01-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Heard that he signed 1 year, $7 million on the early AM Sportscenter.