PDA

View Full Version : Another Possibility: Crede to Giants?

repeat06
01-10-2008, 10:17 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/09/SP64UBDHB.DTL&feed=rss.athletics

noah lowry????

peelwonder
01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/09/SP64UBDHB.DTL&feed=rss.athletics

noah lowry????

What's the Score dude?

01-10-2008, 10:33 AM

noah lowry????

The article does not mention Lowry. That would be a pretty big steal to get him for Crede.

DrCrawdad
01-10-2008, 10:34 AM

noah lowry????

Noah Lowry is what, 28 years old?

Despite injuring his arm in September and missing his last few starts, Lowry was still the winningest pitcher on the Giants staff. - wikipedia

I hope the Sox hold out on trading Crede until he's proven that he's healed. Is Crede on the DL? If he is, I don't believe they trade Crede now. Anyway, seems as though Crede could have more value if he's held onto until later when teams are a bit more desperate.

Tragg
01-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I hope the Sox hold out on trading Crede until he's proven that he's healed. If it is true that the Sox are intent on trading Crede, then....
If we'd get the usual swill we get for dumping a veteran, I agree...wait.
But if someone actually offers us something useful and quality, trade him.

munchman33
01-10-2008, 10:40 AM
At this point, Noah Lowry would be a steal for us.

chisox77
01-10-2008, 10:48 AM
The Joe Crede situation requires patience.

His health is the key to any decision the White Sox make about trading him.

:cool:

CHIsoxNation
01-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Wow that's a pretty misleading thread title.

spawn
01-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Wow that's a pretty misleading thread title.
No kidding.

Steelrod
01-10-2008, 11:23 AM
On the other hand, holding on and finding out he has become limited would be an expensive mistake to make. No one seems to know who's doctors have deemed him ready to play, the team or the agents.

rdwj
01-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm a HUGE Crede fan, but there is no way the Giants make that move at this point.

Sargeant79
01-10-2008, 11:51 AM
On the other hand, holding on and finding out he has become limited would be an expensive mistake to make. No one seems to know who's doctors have deemed him ready to play, the team or the agents.

Actually, it wouldn't be that expensive. He doesn't figure to make more than $5 million or so via arbitration this upcoming season, and he's off the books after that. Of course, trading him gets that 5 mil off the books for this year, but the Sox don't appear to be hurting for cash for their payroll right now. Keeping him would be potentially high reward / relatively low risk.

Of course, keeping him creates a potential problem in deciding what to do with Fields. If they can get a decent return for Crede in spring training, I think that would be the best move.

turners56
01-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Don't think Lowry will do too well...
Linecum is untouchable, so is Cain. So there's nothing for the Sox here.

SoxNation05
01-10-2008, 06:26 PM
I would do Crede for Lowry so quick it is not even funny.

turners56
01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I would do Crede for Lowry so quick it is not even funny.

But it's not that simple...don't know why the Giants would give up a young pitcher who's shown some ability for a one year rent who has Boras as an agent.

WhiteOut05
01-14-2008, 05:28 AM
No deal for Crede will be done until well into Spring Training, unless a team is so desperate that they make an offer to Kenny without seeing Joe play.

Even if the Giants want Crede, I doubt they'd give up a guy like Lowry for him.
But the thing about Crede and Boras, the Giants have Zito, so I doubt the whole Boras thing is an important factor.

Now if the Giants offered Lincecum for Crede and Paulie, I'd do it.
I just think the Giants are looking into every possible avenue to acquire a big bat, so if they ask Kenny for something, he should try to aim high on their rotation. But even then, who knows what it would take to get one of their young studs.

Has anyone heard any more regarding Paulie rumors? There hasn't been much out here in California...

The Immigrant
01-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Now if the Giants offered Lincecum for Crede and Paulie, I'd do it.

We should throw in Jenks for good measure.

misty60481
01-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I dont think we are going to see any good offers for Joe until the trade deadline. Any GM willing to give anything of value wants to see how his back will hold up for at least 50-60 games. A few games in Az. heat isnt going to convince another team that he is ready. There might be someone who will give an unwanted prospect before then but we had better wait and see how he recovers.

Lukin13
01-14-2008, 10:07 AM

noah lowry????

Joe Crede's value as of 1/14/08 is closer to a cup of Lawry's seasoning salt than it is to Noah Lowry.

gr8mexico
01-14-2008, 10:10 AM
The only way Kenny trades Joe Crde right now is if he gets traded for another player that he that might be recovering from injury. Both teams take a risk

btrain929
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
I dont think we are going to see any good offers for Joe until the trade deadline. Any GM willing to give anything of value wants to see how his back will hold up for at least 50-60 games. A few games in Az. heat isnt going to convince another team that he is ready. There might be someone who will give an unwanted prospect before then but we had better wait and see how he recovers.

That would require Crede playing a significant amount of games at 3B for the White Sox. And that would more than likely require Josh Fields to go down to AAA for most of the 1st half. Unless Ozzie wants to try that ridiculous merry-go-round of Fields giving Crede a few days off at 3B and Thome a few days off at DH against lefties. I say let Crede play in the main Spring Training games, and Fields in the back-fields games. Crede will get more exposure to possible trade candidates, and Fields is getting plenty of grounders and 5-6 ab's a game to work on some things. I see him traded by the end of Spring Training.

misty60481
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
If you were the GM of any team would you seriously give up anything of value for Joe right now ? Besides in ST they mostly just work themselves back into condition until the last week or two . Why cant Fields play LF until something is worked out with Crede, also it would give Quentin enough time to completely re-hab, even if he has to go to AAA. We need Fields bat in the line-up. Besides Ozzie makes out the scorecard not KW.

PalehosePlanet
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Noah Lowry is under contract for 3 more years at very managable money (option for 2010) while Joe is a free agent at the end of '08. We would definitely have to give up a second player if we were to have a chance at Lowry.

Also it looks like Brian Wilson will be their closer next year so our best bet would be someone like Brad Hennessey to shore up our middle relief.

Also, I'm obvioulsy one of the rare few who believes that Crede can be traded prior to spring training if he passes a physical.

jabrch
01-14-2008, 03:28 PM
But the thing about Crede and Boras, the Giants have Zito, so I doubt the whole Boras thing is an important factor.

Actually, it probably is a HUGE factor. I highly douobt they have a good taste in their mouth right now when they talk about Zito. The Sox will deal with Boras when he has something that they want, that is priced where they believe it should be. If what he has is not priced right, they won't deal with Boras. It really is that simple.

voodoochile
01-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Actually, it probably is a HUGE factor. I highly douobt they have a good taste in their mouth right now when they talk about Zito. The Sox will deal with Boras when he has something that they want, that is priced where they believe it should be. If what he has is not priced right, they won't deal with Boras. It really is that simple.

Probably because Zito ate all the Doritos, ho-hos and pizza rolls and left the celery and califlower for the rest of the team...

:smokin:

btrain929
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM

So why didn't we try to go after Andruw Jones? 2 yrs/36 mil is a good price for him..........

It's an intriguing proposition: What you rather have Jones (for 36 mil), Gio, and Fautino, or Swisher and an extra 36 million to use, but no top prospect pitchers??

jabrch
01-14-2008, 05:36 PM
So why didn't we try to go after Andruw Jones? 2 yrs/36 mil is a good price for him..........

No it is not. It is a SHORT deal - but not a good price. That's 18mm per year. I don't care if it is only 2 years - it is still 18mm per year for those two years. That's about 20% of our payroll. And coming off the disasterous season he had, I'm imagining that Williams was uninterested in paying that sort of a price. Just because the total dollars of the deal arent big, doesn't mean it is a good price.

It's an intriguing proposition: What you rather have Jones (for 36 mil), Gio, and Fautino, or Swisher and an extra 36 million to use, but no top prospect pitchers??

I'd rather have Jerry Owens or Brian Anderson in CF and and extra 36mm to spend on a SP or a FA hitter next year than have Jones for 18mm per for 2 years.

Save McCuddy's
01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Am I missing something, or has Lowry completely sucked for the past two years? 87 k's and 87 bb's to go with them and 1.55 whip makes him the luckiest 14-8 starter I've seen since Parque.

Sure, his 2005 was extremely promising, but the last 50 or 60 starts are cause for serious concern.