PDA

View Full Version : Gettin the best deal on Sox tickets?

ViPeRx007
01-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm planning a trip to Chicago to catch the Sox this summer (June 30th vs. Cleveland!!) as well as New York (July 3rd!! vs. Boston) to see a game at Yankee Stadium before they blow it up. I have only been to 2 pro games in my life, both in Seattle. I've never seen the Sox...it's gonna be sweet!

Anyway, I was wondering, those of you who are seasoned veterans at this, how can I get the best prices on tickets? I'm kind of guessing it's a matter of luck, but any tips are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I should mention that since this is one of those things I rarely do, seating location is a pretty big priority.

MCHSoxFan
01-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm planning a trip to Chicago to catch the Sox this summer (June 30th vs. Cleveland!!) as well as New York (July 3rd!! vs. Boston) to see a game at Yankee Stadium before they blow it up. I have only been to 2 pro games in my life, both in Seattle. I've never seen the Sox...it's gonna be sweet!

Anyway, I was wondering, those of you who are seasoned veterans at this, how can I get the best prices on tickets? I'm kind of guessing it's a matter of luck, but any tips are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Buy from a season ticket holder or look at stubhub.com. The box office ususally does noes not have the BEST seats. I would figure you would want to make it the best expirience you can for your very first White Sox game.
GO TO WHITESOX.COM AND CLICK UNDER U.S. CELLULAR FIELD FOR SEATING & PRICING FOR FACE VALUES SO YOU DO NOT OVER PAY TOO MUCH!!!

Scottiehaswheels
01-09-2008, 10:25 PM

Thanks in advance.

I should mention that since this is one of those things I rarely do, seating location is a pretty big priority.
The White Sox ticketexchange is pretty handy if you want to wait to buy until the last minute. People here typically have decent seats too... I imagine you probably want scout seats though so you can check stubhub, ebay, etc.

soxfanreggie
01-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I hear the WSI Ticket Exchange is really nice! :D:

gregoriop
01-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Mondays are half price.

A little after the promotional schedule comes out, there are plenty of coupon codes for various games.

btrain929
01-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I'd save my money and not go to Yankee Stadium. If your whole purpose is just to say you've been there, then ok. But the stadium itself is an absolute dump.

SoxxoS
01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
There are good deals on this site around game day - Usually people can't go and will take below face...

DumpJerry
01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
The White Sox ticketexchange is pretty handy if you want to wait to buy until the last minute. People here typically have decent seats too... I imagine you probably want scout seats though so you can check stubhub, ebay, etc.

I hear the WSI Ticket Exchange is really nice! :D:
The Ticket Exchanges for all MLB teams no longer exist now that MLB has a contract with StubHub for season ticket holders to sell their tickets there.

The best price is at the box office itself. No surcharges. On StubHub you will pay over face. If you get the tickets from the Sox website, you will pay various fees to ticketmonster.

The box office has a better selection than the Sxo website since the Sox don't release the good seats to Ticketmaster.

Since you're from out of town, you might want to see what the Sox website offers you. Remember, if you buy 500 level tickets, you will not be able to enter the lower deck, something I recommend for your first visit to the park. To get to the lower deck if no 100 level tickets are available through the team(the 100 level is the lower deck), I would recommend checking StubHub to see if any season ticket holders are offering anything. If you buy a 500 level ticket from a season ticket holder, that ticket will enable you to go to the 100 level (confirm with the seller before buying).

Since you're looking at a Cleveland game, I would recommend trying the White Sox website the day tickets go on sale to the public because that game will be a very popular one with people from Cleveland driving in for it (not to mention that June 30th is a Monday half priced game).

Finally, check the WSI Ticket Exchange. You never know what you'll find there.

Scottiehaswheels
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
The Ticket Exchanges for all MLB teams no longer exist now that MLB has a contract with StubHub for season ticket holders to sell their tickets there.I was talking with my Indians season ticket rep. and he seems to think that the ticket exchange will still exist, it will just be transparently used with stubhub. In other words, he believes any tickets listed on the team ticket exchange page will also be listed simultaneously on stubhub. I don't know how exactly that is going to work but it doesn't sound like it's going away as such.

ksimpson14
01-10-2008, 05:47 AM
The best price is at the box office itself. No surcharges. On StubHub you will pay over face.

Speak for your self! Have gotten great deals on StubHub over the years. The best part is when you get a coupon that eats away the expensive shipping charge. It was easier last year when the team wasn't great though.

Also, you have a typo, I know it's okay if you have a hard, season ticket, but you said 'If you buy a 500 level ticket, you will be able to enter the lower deck', if not a season ticket, that should be "will not".

DumpJerry
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Also, you have a typo, I know it's okay if you have a hard, season ticket, but you said 'If you buy a 500 level ticket, you will be able to enter the lower deck', if not a season ticket, that should be "will not".
Thanks. Fixed it.

EndemicSox
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I always get great seats for face value, or below face, by waiting till the last second, and sometimes even after...

The scalpers will take advantage of you on stub-hub, if you wait, you can take advantage of them. Good luck...

BainesHOF
01-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Anybody know the best time to hit the box office on the day of the game to score great seats? Also, is there a particular ticket window to go to?

DumpJerry
01-10-2008, 04:21 PM
I always get great seats for face value, or below face, by waiting till the last second, and sometimes even after...

The scalpers will take advantage of you on stub-hub, if you wait, you can take advantage of them. Good luck...

Anybody know the best time to hit the box office on the day of the game to score great seats? Also, is there a particular ticket window to go to?
Tickets that the players turn in go on sale about one hour before game time. However, there are no assurances that there will be tickets available. Given that the person who started this thread will be coming from Montana, I would hate for him to take this approach and not get in. This game could sell out because it is the Indians and 1/2 price Monday.

soxfanreggie
01-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Finally, check the WSI Ticket Exchange. You never know what you'll find there.

I think that's what I said...:?:

ViPeRx007
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
I'd save my money and not go to Yankee Stadium. If your whole purpose is just to say you've been there, then ok. But the stadium itself is an absolute dump.

My brother and dad are Yankee's fans, that's the ultimate reason why we're making a trip over there.

ViPeRx007
01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
I need 5 tickets though, that makes it a bit tricky too.

I appreciate the suggestions guys I'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens. I'm getting good seats one way or the other!

ksimpson14
01-11-2008, 04:55 AM
I need 5 tickets though, that makes it a bit tricky too.

I appreciate the suggestions guys I'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens. I'm getting good seats one way or the other!

Yeah, then the box office is your best bet. Those third party sites mainly have multiples of 2 and 4. Especially if you want a good seat. I would just hound the ticketmaster site when they go on sale, especially since it's a Monday game (if they still do half price Monday)