PDA

View Full Version : Dear Kenny

sweetjpo
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Please do not let Crede or Konerko go. They have been two players that have been keys to the Sox success. I'm not just talking about the '05 season either. Konerko has been a fan favorite and has been loyal to the Sox and the fans. Crede has been only getting better offensively and his defense gives people to watch every pitch. I do not like the thought of one or two of these classy guys leaving our city. Don't do it Kenny!

btrain929
01-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Konerko: Our best trading chip, and is replaceable by a younger, cheaper alternative (Swisher)
Crede: *Cue music* "What-have-you-done-for-me late-ly......."

BadBobbyJenks
01-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Dear Sentimental Fans,
We appreciate your love for the players that brought home a title in 2005, but if the right move is on the table to make this team better, both will be gone. We will do what ever is necessary to get this team back on track to bringing home another championship before another 88 years passes. Joe Crede is on his way out the door as soon as any deal that makes sense for us is on the table.

But I will be working under the radar to make both of these moves happen so you at least can enjoy that.

Keep on buying tickets though.

KW

sweetjpo
01-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I keep hearing about how Konerko and Crede are our best trading chips right now, but who is out there right now we can get to make our team better than it is? We aren't going to get Santana for Crede and Konerko, we aren't going to get an ace for those two guys, so what else is out there that could possibly be worth trading these two?

Sentimental value is not the only reason to keep these two. Konerko is the best 1B out there for us right now. Crede is coming off of surgery, yes, but remember how many games his D has one us and how his numbers have been doing nothing but going up.

Sockinchisox
01-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I keep hearing about how Konerko and Crede are our best trading chips right now, but who is out there right now we can get to make our team better than it is? We aren't going to get Santana for Crede and Konerko, we aren't going to get an ace for those two guys, so what else is out there that could possibly be worth trading these two?

Sentimental value is not the only reason to keep these two. Konerko is the best 1B out there for us right now. Crede is coming off of surgery, yes, but remember how many games his D has one us and how his numbers have been doing nothing but going up.

We have a cheaper and HEALTHIER young player in Josh Fields who is ready to play in majors full time.

I don't want to see PK go but if we get a big haul, I'd be fine with it.

spawn
01-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Please do not let Crede or Konerko go. They have been two players that have been keys to the Sox success. I'm not just talking about the '05 season either. Konerko has been a fan favorite and has been loyal to the Sox and the fans. Crede has been only getting better offensively and his defense gives people to watch every pitch. I do not like the thought of one or two of these classy guys leaving our city. Don't do it Kenny!
Because of this post, I believe Crede and PK will be going nowhere. After all, KW always listens to requests from WSI.:redneck

Daver
01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Because of this post, I believe Crede and will be going nowhere. After all, KW always listens to requests from WSI.:redneck

I do know he reads it.

areilly
01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Dear Sentimental Fans,
We appreciate your love for the players that brought home a title in 2005, but if the right move is on the table to make this team better, both will be gone. We will do what ever is necessary to get this team back on track to bringing home another championship before another 88 years passes. Joe Crede is on his way out the door as soon as any deal that makes sense for us is on the table.

But I will be working under the radar to make both of these moves happen so you at least can enjoy that.

Keep on buying tickets though.

KW

Dear Everyone Talking About Kenny Williams' Approach to Team-Building,

Can we please retire the following phrases?
- Under the radar
- Grinder
- Grind
- Grinding
- Grind it out
- This team never gives up
- We're here to win
- Heart
- Grit
- Quality player
- Lightning in a bottle

Thank you.

Sincerely,
I Can't Believe I Got Repetitive Stress Syndrome From Reading

Lip Man 1
01-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Joe Crede's agent is Scott Boras. Kenny has already stated that when he inquired about a long term extension for Joe (quote) "it didn't go well.."

That says everything you need to know on Joe's chances of remaining in my opinion, past the July trade deadline at the latest.

Lip

Medford Bobby
01-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Joe Crede's agent is Scott Boras. Kenny has already stated that when he inquired about a long term extension for Joe (quote) "it didn't go well.."

That says everything you need to know on Joe's chances of remaining in my opinion, past the July trade deadline at the latest.

Lip
I think Joe will be traded before Opening Day!!!:o:

cws05champ
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM

- Under the radar
- Grinder
- Grind
- Grinding
- Grind it out
- We're here to win
- Heart
- Grit
- Quality player
- Lightning in a bottle

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Can we:
- Give 110%
- Take it one post at a time
- Leave it all on the board
- Bring our "A" game
- Step up to the plate..on the board
- Get after it, turn up the intensity, dig deep & crank it up

After all we have to stay focused, overcome adversity...and as always, remember there's no "I" in message board.

Sox
01-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Isn't this the reason they created fantasy leagues?:redneck J/K

WhiteSox5187
01-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm going to miss Crede when he's gone, but if he shows he's healthy and is not willing to dump Boras, he's gone and I've made peace with that fact. I think if we want to stay competitive for this year, keeping Konerko makes sense. I know we have big hopes for Fields and Swisher but until they actually prove they can hit 40 HRs with 100 RBIs, I am not sure they can replace Konerko. Remember Borchard looked like the type of guy that was going to hit 40 HR and 100 RBIs too.

BadBobbyJenks
01-09-2008, 10:57 PM

- Under the radar
- Grinder
- Grind
- Grinding
- Grind it out
- We're here to win
- Heart
- Grit
- Quality player
- Lightning in a bottle

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Well if we were going to trade the guy's favorite players I figured he should at least get to keep the under the radar phrase.:D:

chisox77
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm all for making the White Sox better, whatever it takes. Fields is at the point where he MUST play, and a healthy Joe Crede wold help the White Sox set up some kind of deal for a pitcher . . .

. . . I have lots of 2005 World Series memories and merchandise to "freeze" that wonderful feeling in time. It was great, and all of us get pleasure for recalling that terrific and satisfying season. Something happens, however, after your team wins it all. You want another one. To make that happen, decisions have to be made.

:cool:

misty60481
01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Suppose Crede comes back strong and were in the running to win our division so Joe plays all year for us. If in 09 we offer him 3 yr.---$25M, do you think he would stay. I know who his agent is but were looking at a .260+ ave. 25-30 HRs, 80+ RBIs. Do you think either side would agree on it.

ilsox7
01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Suppose Crede comes back strong and were in the running to win our division so Joe plays all year for us. If in 09 we offer him 3 yr.---$25M, do you think he would stay. I know who his agent is but were looking at a .260+ ave. 25-30 HRs, 80+ RBIs. Do you think either side would agree on it.

No chance. If Crede comes back and plays well, he is going to either test free agency or only accept a megadeal from the Sox to prevent him from becoming a free agent.

voodoochile
01-10-2008, 10:34 AM

In today's market those numbers would be worth $12M/yr minimum - especially for a 3B, IMO. More so even given who Crede's agent is.

I don't see the Sox willing to throw that much money at him with Fields apparently ready to take over already and being paid serf wages for the next few years.