PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Schedule with times...

chisoxmike
01-09-2008, 12:54 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=4&y=2008

Some notes...

4/6 vs Tigers is a Sunday night game
Opening home series only has one day game (opening day)
6/22 vs. Cubs (Sunday) is a night game. (On the schedule e-mailed to ST holders)

Not many Saturday afternoon FOX games.

Kogs35
01-09-2008, 01:00 PM

Some notes...

6/22 vs. Cubs (Sunday) is a night game. (On the schedule e-mailed to ST holders)

theres also a sunday night vs the angels in may. are they allowed to play a night game on the road followed by a day game at home the next game?

salty99
01-09-2008, 01:02 PM

Some notes...

good thing the 4/6 and 6/22 games are away

RowanDye
01-09-2008, 01:05 PM

Some notes...

Other than the 6 games against BAL and 2 against OAK, that's a pretty rough April schedule IMO. The Sox need to hit the ground running or at least find a way to keep their head above water.

Considering the talent of the AL this year, though, the whole season is going to be tough.

chisoxmike
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't know what it is, but I love Sunday night home games.

RTI_SoxFan
01-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Why doesn't the 4/26 game against BAL have a gametime yet? I'm getting a skybox for my bachelor party and need to know when the tailgate is going to begin. I'm hoping for a 6:05 or 7:11 start.

Sockinchisox
01-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Ya, looks like we'll be dealing with John Miller and Joe Morgan on May 25th.

Mr.1Dog
01-09-2008, 01:33 PM
September is poised to be a rough month also.

havelj
01-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Any word on individual game sale dates?

Sad
01-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Why doesn't the 4/26 game against BAL have a gametime yet? I'm getting a skybox for my bachelor party and need to know when the tailgate is going to begin. I'm hoping for a 6:05 or 7:11 start.

if you look at the broadcast schedule, there are more start times listed-
this still doesnt guarantee FOX or ESPN won't pick up the game however...

Usually, for at least 2 games of my package, I will go in and spend the night downtown...
so far I've booked Jul. 19 vs. KC... not sure what my other one will be...

chisoxmike
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
September is poised to be a rough month also.

The whole year is poised to be rough.

skottyj242
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM

Some notes...

This may kill my trip that weekend.

whitesoxwilkes
01-09-2008, 02:51 PM

I do too. I like to be able to golf and then go to the game.

Hell, I wish we'd go back to the 2:05 Sunday starts.

ND_Sox_Fan
01-09-2008, 02:57 PM
I have to wait until September to have them out here to play the Yankees, and then it is during the week for four .... looks like I will have to get out of work early a few nights that week.

chisoxmike
01-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Hell, I wish we'd go back to the 2:05 Sunday starts.

I really wish they went back to that. That was amazing. The 7:35 starts on Friday were great too.

MeteorsSox4367
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Nine home games in May and 20 on the road? It looks like the circus trip every November for the Hawks.

With all the games on the West Coast, I wanted to see if the Sox were playing the Kings and the Ducks, too.

BringBackBlkJack
01-09-2008, 04:13 PM

THANK GOD. I'm sure I'm not the only out-of-network person thrilled that FOX and their idiotic blackout policy will do limited damage this year.

I can't tell you how upset I was after I paid $90 to mlb.tv to learn that all Saturday day games were going to be blacked out nationally (in-network or out) because of FOX.

Imagine how upset I would have been if the Sox actually won most of those games last season...:rolleyes:

palehozenychicty
01-09-2008, 04:24 PM
The series against the Giants in May is intriguing for a visit to the Bay Area. :D:

Foulke You
01-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I like night games better in general. Less heat in the summer, easier to track the ball, and more importantly, I don't have to take off work to watch or go to the game.

BadBobbyJenks
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I have to wait until September to have them out here to play the Yankees, and then it is during the week for four .... looks like I will have to get out of work early a few nights that week.

When can you purchase yanks tickets? I got to make it out to that stadium for a sox game before the new one goes up.

Milkman43
01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Its good to see that there will possibly be at least one sox/cubs night game this year. Something about the Sox playing the Cubs at night at the Cell is just a little more exciting. I am basing this off of Aaron Rowands go-ahead homer in the eight inning off of the Cubs' Courtney Duncan a few years back.

soxfan21
01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Its good to see that there will possibly be at least one sox/cubs night game this year. Something about the Sox playing the Cubs at night at the Cell is just a little more exciting. I am basing this off of Aaron Rowands go-ahead homer in the eight inning off of the Cubs' Courtney Duncan a few years back.
I'd love to see a sox/cubs sunday night game. I'm also thrilled for the sox/angels sunday night game. Should be a good time.

areilly
01-09-2008, 06:37 PM

I'm actually really surprised the city is allowing it...I mean, some of those have been pretty action-packed crowds, and that's talking about years where both teams were terrible.

Foulke You
01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I believe your getting this confused with Carlos Lee's walkoff grandslam in '01. It was Duncan that yielded the Caballo slam that let the Sox walkoff with a 7-3 win. This was a Friday night game at Comiskey. I remember it well because I was there in RF losing my voice with all the other Sox fans in attendance after he hit it.:cool:

MCHSoxFan
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm actually really surprised the city is allowing it...I mean, some of those have been pretty action-packed crowds, and that's talking about years where both teams were terrible.

I do NOT like it. I live right next to the field and it is bad when enough when the game is at 12:25, let alone 7 PM. At least I will be there.

chisoxmike
01-10-2008, 06:39 PM
The Sox/Cubs game at night is at Wrigley.

angiew
01-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I've located some tickets on stubhub 7 rows up directly behind homeplate at Arlington when they play the Rangers in July for $110 each...and they come with a parking pass and Gold club access. I'm just waiting to hear from my bro and sis in law if I need to order 2 tickets or 4...then it's on!:cool:

Brian26
01-10-2008, 06:55 PM

Based on the fights I saw last year during the two games I went to, I'm surprised by this too.

Between the Caballo walkoff grandslam and the 2000 Friday night comeback at the Cell (Durham drove in the Milkman, I think), there are some good night game memories from the series.

angiew
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Speaking of fights, I didn't see a good one last year...not even close :(: This may sound bad, but sometimes I love to see a good team fight....let's you know your guys are still alive:smile:

chisoxmike
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Based on the fights I saw last year during the two games I went to, I'm surprised by this too.

Between the Caballo walkoff grandslam and the 2000 Friday night comeback at the Cell (Durham drove in the Milkman, I think), there are some good night game memories from the series.

Those series have great moments all around, every year.

Its too bad people piss on the series every year becuase they're always entertaining and well played. They've provided great memories during years that didnt produce anything.

areilly
01-11-2008, 01:38 AM

To add some perspective:

In 2006, a female (Cubs fan) friend and I were watching the Sox "away" game and a guy in front of us was really getting belligerent. I'm not saying I wasn't baiting him, nor am I saying I was doing my best to "be classy" or whatever people call it when you just take the idiots' abuse without maybe sticking up for myself, my fellow fans, my favorite team, my heritage and one of my favorite parts of the city. Point being, it was July and me and this dude were about to kill each other over an eventually-meaningless 4th inning mini-rally.

It was 1:30 p.m.

On a rooftop on Sheffield.

Suffice to say I can't wait for this night game. Should be entertaining to say the least. I remember in 2003 when the Sox blew that Sunday nighter at Wrigley and thought the city was going to burn.

skottyj242
01-11-2008, 09:04 AM
I believe your getting this confused with Carlos Lee's walkoff grandslam in '01. It was Duncan that yielded the Caballo slam that let the Sox walkoff with a 7-3 win. This was a Friday night game at Comiskey. I remember it well because I was there in RF losing my voice with all the other Sox fans in attendance after he hit it.:cool:

That was my dad's birthday, I was sitting next to him. He went nuts. Then some guy decked me on the ramps. My dad went nuts again.

skottyj242
01-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Just booked my flights to Detroit. Leaving Friday night to go to Saturday's game and Sunday night's then flying back at six in the morning to get into O'Hare at 6:15 in the morning. Some of the guys are going to work, I'm going home and taking a nap and getting ready for our Opening Day.

soxfan21
01-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Was opening day always a 3:05 start? I just looked at the schedule again today to see if the promotions were up yet and noticed this. I thought it was suppose to be a 1:05 start time. Did they just change this or what?

Kogs35
01-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Was opening day always a 3:05 start? I just looked at the schedule again today to see if the promotions were up yet and noticed this. I thought it was suppose to be a 1:05 start time. Did they just change this or what?

i think its due to them playing a night game in detroit the previous night.

chisoxmike
01-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I liked that they moved it to 3:05. I can either take a half day at work or sleep in. (Probably sleep in)

:bandance:

skottyj242
01-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I liked that they moved it to 3:05. I can either take a half day at work or sleep in. (Probably sleep in)

:bandance:

I don't, that means i may have to work a half day now.

Jerko
01-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Cool. Now there's less of a break between the Sox game and the final 4 party at De La Salle that night...... I WILL have to take Tuesday the 8th off......

chisoxmike
01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't, that means i may have to work a half day now.

Weren't you flying in Monday morning?

jenn2080
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Well I guess I can work a half a day.

turners56
01-17-2008, 08:37 PM
What is it with the Sox playing Cleveland on opening day? This is the 4th straight year now.