PDA

View Full Version : Cubs spring training tickets

soxfan21
01-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I got board earlier tonite and wanted to see how much cubs tickets cost this year to compare it to sox tickets. I noticed that they are selling their spring training tickets already , http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/spring_training/tickets.jsp?c_id=chc and noticed that they now have "premium" spring training games. Is it me or is this just rediculous. I hope this is not a trend that the sox are going to be following anytime soon. Also, some of these prices for the spring training games for them are kind of high too. I know that the sox prices will not be that high but I just put this out there for you guys to read.

P.S. did not know whether or not to put this in the other "flubs" thread so I just started a new one.

The Critic
01-09-2008, 06:48 AM
I would assume that this will be a trend around MLB. The whole "prime/premium" sliding scale thing is the status quo, and unfortunately I can see it catching on for spring games as well.
I don't see anything "premium" about all of a team's regulars being out of a game by the 5th inning, but the teams will sell what the people will buy.

itsnotrequired
01-09-2008, 07:42 AM
It isn't like it is some type of huge leap between the regular and premium games. Lawn General Admission is priced the same. Other seats are $1 more ($2 more for the box seats). This is an increase of anywhere from 6-9% of a price increase, depending on the seating area. While the percentage may seem high, we're talking about a dollar here. This only applies to three of the sixteen home dates. Compare that to, say, Sox regular season games where Regular and Premier differ by $14 and the increase is anywhere from 27-82%.

salty99
01-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Yup most teams now do this especially in Florida when they are playing the Red Sox/Yankees.

cws05champ
01-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Yup most teams now do this especially in Florida when they are playing the Red Sox/Yankees.

True, I just received something from the Orioles that you would have to buy a 4 game ST package in order to get any decent seats for the RedCubs or Mets games. And those are "premium" games with a $2-3 increase in price.

Chicken Dinner
01-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I went on-line yesterday and tried to get Cubs/Sox tix for the 22nd. I was put in some "virtual waiting room" and when I finally got in they were sold out after 9 minutes. Everything, even lawn seats. I guess the Tribs scalping corp. still has they're hooks in things. :angry::angry::angry: