PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens News Conference 4 PM CST

Fenway
01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Roger will take questions from the media starting at 4 PM Chicago time.

This should be good. Wallace let him slide more than once....I don't think that will be the case this afternoon as the heavy hitters have all gone to Houston.

News conference: 5 ET on ESPN2/ESPN.com

WFAN.com and WEEI.com will also air it live.

http://images.chron.com/photos/2008/01/06/9424827/342xSectionMain.jpg (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5432752.html)

gogosox16
01-07-2008, 03:03 PM
can't wait to hear what he says...probably the same as 60 minutes

Fenway
01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
can't wait to hear what he says...probably the same as 60 minutes

But this will be live and there this will not be a friendly media crowd. WFAN says Lupica went to Houston....

jenn2080
01-07-2008, 03:38 PM
God I wish he would shut the **** up and go away already.

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 04:19 PM
This is interesting...Clemens has filed a slander lawsuit, which would have been one of the first things that I would do, and is essentially trying to prove a negative. Yet he is hesitant to take a lie dector test...I'm not sure what to think, as Fens pointed out Pettite might be a potential witness against Clemens...but this begs the question, why didn't Clemens talk to Mitchell when he was offered the chance to refute the charges?? Why did he wait until the Mitchell Report came out to deny any allegations?

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Did I just hear this right? His lawyer just say "We don't know what the truth is?" You really gotta know what the truth is before entering a law suit...and this tape they're playing, did McNamee know he was being recorded? This is all very bizaare...this OJish.

Domeshot17
01-07-2008, 04:25 PM
is anyone else very confused by this recording?

Madvora
01-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I flipped back in the middle of this.

Is this a secret recording that Clemens made trying to get this guy to admit he lied or something?
Is there something important that were supposed to be listening for?

CLR01
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM

Is this a secret recording that Clemens made trying to get this guy to admit he lied or something?

Probably, which is why we are hearing it now. Even if McNamee says anything it would not be allowed in court.

JJPete7
01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
How does this recording help Roger, I just don't see the point in playing it. Unless McNamee comes out and says he lied to Mitchell all this does is make Clemens look like a snake for recording the phone call.

voodoochile
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Did Clemens record his conversation with McNamee?

Madvora
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Clemens - tell him what you want him to do already!!!

EndemicSox
01-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm calling it now, Clemens has, or will pay, McNamee a significant chunk of change to retract his statements in some form. Every man has a price...

It's the only winning strategy he has left...

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Well Clemens keeps saying he "didn't so it" "didn't take steroids" "can't understand why he's doing this" and Mcnamee sounds almost in regret. The one thing Mcnamee isn't doing is countering every one of Roger's claims of not doing it.

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Well Clemens keeps saying he "didn't so it" "didn't take steroids" "can't understand why he's doing this" and Mcnamee sounds almost in regret. The one thing Mcnamee isn't doing is countering every one of Roger's claims of not doing it.
Hey the lawyer is quoting me, hahahaha.

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 04:39 PM

Is there something important that were supposed to be listening for?
Is he talking to McNamee?? Because at times the other guy kept saying "Brian has nothing to do with this..." Hold on, now the lawyer is explaining this...the lawyer is now saying "notice how McNamee never said 'You did steroids.'" At least Roger's phone service didn't drop the call.

JJPete7
01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Roger's people could of easily edited that recording to remove anything they wanted, it proves nothing.

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Is he talking to McNamee?? Because at times the other guy kept saying "Brian has nothing to do with this..." Hold on, now the lawyer is explaining this...the lawyer is now saying "notice how McNamee never said 'You did steroids.'" At least Roger's phone service didn't drop the call.
I wonder if this is Mcnamee's son they keep talking about.

gf2020
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Roger IS going to congress and IS going to be under oath.

CLR01
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh **** off Roger. Nobody forced you to do a press conference today.

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 04:42 PM
But if this conversation is allegedly McNamee calling asking for help (presumably finicially) for his son, why would McNamee get into a big arguement of saying "Yes you did! Yes you did!"...now Roger is saying "I am upset that no one gave me the benefit of the doubt..."

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
This could be a scenario where the MLB players union comes to bite Roger in the ass. If they handed down the order not to discuss this with Mitchell and now all these guys guilty or not can't defend themselves faith and belief in the union could be jeopardized.
There's the answer to whether Mcnamee knew he was recorded.

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
"I was told he had a medical degree..." jesus...yea, why didn't Clemens say "This is what I want you to do...I want you to tell the truth?" Could it be because the truth was Clemens took steroids??

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
But if this conversation is allegedly McNamee calling asking for help (presumably finicially) for his son, why would McNamee get into a big arguement of saying "Yes you did! Yes you did!"...now Roger is saying "I am upset that no one gave me the benefit of the doubt..."
If someone is calling you a liar, which Roger was basically calling Mcnamee, you will react. Being called a liar, especially to your face (in this case over the phone), will immediately trigger a reaction.
As far as benefit of the doubt is there any reason or past history that would indicate that we shouldn't at least listen to his side before passing judgement? If I accuse you of doing drugs should you have an oppertunity to defend yourself?

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
"I was told he had a medical degree..." jesus...yea, why didn't Clemens say "This is what I want you to do...I want you to tell the truth?" Could it be because the truth was Clemens took steroids??
I'm told my trainer in high school had some sort of a medical degree why shouldn't I believe the school? If he was told by the team he has a degree isn't that good enough?

DSpivack
"Can I drink water? Can I do that?"

:rolling:

getonbckthr
"Can I drink water? Can I do that?"

I liked that.

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
If someone is calling you a liar, which Roger was basically calling Mcnamee, you will react. Being called a liar, especially to your face (in this case over the phone), will immediately trigger a reaction.
As far as benefit of the doubt is there any reason or past history that would indicate that we shouldn't at least listen to his side before passing judgement? If I accuse you of doing drugs should you have an oppertunity to defend yourself?
I support the idea of defending yourself, and it is obviously your right to do it...but, I'm not sure...I don't have the legal accumen to know what's going on here...this is just bizaare and it doesn't change my mind about Clemens...

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm told my trainer in high school had some sort of a medical degree why shouldn't I believe the school? If he was told by the team he has a degree isn't that good enough?
This guy wasn't hired by the team, was he?

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
This guy wasn't hired by the team, was he?
According to Clemens in this press conference he was hired by the NYY twice and the Blue Jays once.

chaerulez
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
This press conference shows nothing to prove his innocent. If anything it makes him look even more stupid than he already does.

Madvora
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't think anything is going to happen now. Nothing is going to be proven either way.
I'm already bored with this whole story because I can't see it ever getting resolved.

CLR01
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
More roid rage? :dunno:

We can't wait until you leave the public spotlight too, Roger.

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't know about everybody else, but at the start of today I was about 75-25 that he took roids. Now, after all this, i'm 50-50.

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't know about everybody else, but at the start of today I was about 75-25 that he took roids. Now, after all this, i'm 50-50.
What put doubt in my mind is that Clemens filed a law suit...but nothing that Clemens did or said really helped his case as far as I'm concerned.

Madvora
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Steve Philips is talking right now.
He'll probably slip something in about the Sox having no chance in 2005.

chaerulez
01-07-2008, 05:02 PM

I think it's pretty clear the odds should be 99.99999 that he did.

He's on the Bonds/Palmerio level to me. Bonds better shut up about the race card for the rest of his life as steroids in baseball and a players race have nothing to do with each other. All cheaters get exposed at one point.

Fenway
01-07-2008, 05:02 PM
More roid rage? :dunno:

We can't wait until you leave the public spotlight too, Roger.

That did not end well. That was a strange hour.

WhiteSox5187
01-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Tim Kurkjan actually made a good point (for the first time in his career), "If I'm Roger Clemens and I'm as innocent as I claim, and I got a guy asking me 'What do you want me to do?' Why wouldn't you say 'I want you to come forward and tell the truth.'" Another good point, McNamee says "I didn't want this to happen, but I didn't want to go to jail either."

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Tim Kurkjan actually made a good point (for the first time in his career), "If I'm Roger Clemens and I'm as innocent as I claim, and I got a guy asking me 'What do you want me to do?' Why wouldn't you say 'I want you to come forward and tell the truth.'" Another good point, McNamee says "I didn't want this to happen, but I didn't want to go to jail either."
Roger also kept saying he didnt take steroids and that he wants the truth to come out. Again like I said before if someone is essentially calling me a liar on the phone like Roger was Mcnamee I would defend myself not let it slip by.

gf2020
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
You know, I'm a big believer that you are innocent until proven guilty. And I've always liked Clemens (especially after game one of the 2005 World Series.) It's amazing to me how people seem to be 100% convinced of his guilt. After Clemens remained silent, people were asking where was his law suit? Why doesn't he say this under oath?

Now that he's doing both those things, the nonstop convicting of him continnues. You know, if he was guilty and said nothing, and just remained convicted in the media, he wouldn't be risking jail time by perjuring himself. He's risking jail time to prove his innocence and you are all still convicting him.

FarWestChicago
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't know about everybody else, but at the start of today I was about 75-25 that he took roids. Now, after all this, i'm 50-50.Have you ever met a criminal you didn't like? :D:

jackbrohamer
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
You know, I'm a big believer that you are innocent until proven guilty.

Clemens' numbers were suspect even without the Mitchell Report, because his performance after the age of 37 is unprecedented in baseball hilstory. He's either an utterly unique physical specimen in the history of professional baseball, or he had help getting there. Maybe both.

dickallen15
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Roger also kept saying he didnt take steroids and that he wants the truth to come out. Again like I said before if someone is essentially calling me a liar on the phone like Roger was Mcnamee I would defend myself not let it slip by.

Roger also knew it was being recorded and he would play it for the world to hear.

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Have you ever met a criminal you didn't like? :D:
http://www.thesuperficial.com/images/2006/06/oj-simpson-sex-tape.jpg

FarWestChicago
01-07-2008, 05:34 PM
http://www.thesuperficial.com/images/2006/06/oj-simpson-sex-tape.jpgWell that's a start! :cool:

getonbckthr
01-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Clemens' numbers were suspect even without the Mitchell Report, because his performance after the age of 37 is unprecedented in baseball hilstory. He's either an utterly unique physical specimen in the history of professional baseball, or he had help getting there. Maybe both.
National League for a couple season helps.:D:
Roger also knew it was being recorded and he would play it for the world to hear.
Good point. I'm just saying i'm 50-50 right now.

CLR01
01-07-2008, 05:49 PM
The ticker on ESPN News is flashing Breaking news that "McNamee says he would go to jail for Clemens." When did this happen?

tstrike2000
01-07-2008, 05:49 PM

For once I agree with the girl.

SoxyStu
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Possibly a bit more interesting info if the source is correct and there is proof:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/01/07/2008-01-07_source_roger_clemens_private_eyes_asked_.html

In fact, say sources, Clemens was well aware of the information in the report and signed a letter authorizing the (his) private investigators to interview McNamee, his former personal trainer, on his behalf.

skobabe8
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
The ticker on ESPN News is flashing Breaking news that "McNamee says he would go to jail for Clemens." When did this happen?

He said it during the conversation at one point. Did he say it because he loves Roger and was sorry that he told on him, or did he say it because he lied to investigators about Roger?

voodoochile
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
He said it during the conversation at one point. Did he say it because he loves Roger and was sorry that he told on him, or did he say it because he lied to investigators about Roger?

Option C: After the recorder was shut off, Roger offered McNamee enough money to choke a blue whale.

manders_01
01-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Okay, so here's my thought on the phone conversation - why didn't Clemens say, "I didn't take steriods" or some form of that. And McNamee's only saying "What do you want me to do?". IMO, the whole conversation is severly suspect.

Martinigirl
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Option C: After the recorder was shut off, Roger offered McNamee enough money to choke a blue whale.

McNamee just kept telling Clemens that he was in a one bedroom apartment and how his son was dying, how he would do anything Roger wanted. It truly seemed to me that he was asking for money without asking for it if that makes sense. And he did point out that he was on a cell phone so he couldn't say certain things.

I guess he didn't count on Rocket taping the call.

Brian26
01-07-2008, 06:51 PM

I'm actually enjoying watching him dig his own grave.

Brian26
01-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Steve Philips is talking right now.
He'll probably slip something in about the Sox having no chance in 2005.

LOL. Awesome. :rolling:

Save McCuddy's
01-07-2008, 07:02 PM
This is hysterical. I'm picturing a call that precedes the taped call by about two minutes. Transcript of that call goes like this:

Roger: "Brian?"

Brian: : "Rocket?"

Roger: "Yah. I'm going to hang up and call you back -- all right?"

Brian: "OK..."

Roger: "When I call you back, I'm going to say how I never did steroids, and that you never injected me with PED's. Got it?

Brian: "OK..."

Roger: "Cool. Maybe you could agree with me about that stuff too?"

Brian: silence

Roger: "OK, hang up -- I'll call you back in a minute."

jackbrohamer
01-07-2008, 07:31 PM
McNamee just kept telling Clemens that he was in a one bedroom apartment and how his son was dying, how he would do anything Roger wanted.

Something is a bit sick when a multimillionaire baseball player keeps browbeating a person who says his son is dying. Plus, the "can I drink water, or is that bad?" comment is incredibly whiny. What a total jerk.

And he keeps parroting the spin points he trotted out on 60 Minutes. IMO the total lack of substance makes the whole conversation worthless to Clemens' defense.

tstrike2000
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Several times, "Roger, what do you want me to do?" Clemens, "Uh....."

fusillirob1983
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
The part that I think is telling about Clemens being full of crap was his answer to today's question of "do you thinking taking PEDs is cheating?"

His answer was related to how taking them is a self inflicted punishment and didn't address cheating whatsoever. He never fully addressed an easy yes/no question. He either believes it's cheating or he doesn't. By saying it's a self inflicting punishment by players answers the 60 minutes question of "should the players be punished?"

There's also the point to look at it as if his friends did steroids, he doesn't want to call them cheaters and paint a bad picture on them. Then again, steroids were never really discussed in the clubhouse unless it was in the news, so it must not have been prevalent enough for him to be calling his friends cheaters because probably few, if any, of them did steroids.

Domeshot17
01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
from the way I heard it, his son isn't really dying. They were both really over dramatizing how grief stricken their kids were.

Frontman
01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
What put doubt in my mind is that Clemens filed a law suit...but nothing that Clemens did or said really helped his case as far as I'm concerned.

The lawsuit and willingness to go before Congress makes me doubt he did use; or at least put the kernel of doubt in my mind.

Which might be the extent of what Roger wants to accomplish with it. If he can sway public opinion from "He totally did" to "I'm not sure if he did or not;" its a victory.

I for one, for whatever reason, WANT to believe at least one of these players are innocent. Why? I don't know.

But if I was sitting on a jury, and with the evidence provided so far, I have HUGE doubts that Roger used. McNamee comes across as someone who will do whatever he's told to do, or in this case, say.

chaerulez
01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
The part that I think is telling about Clemens being full of crap was his answer to today's question of "do you thinking taking PEDs is cheating?"

His answer was related to how taking them is a self inflicted punishment and didn't address cheating whatsoever. He never fully addressed an easy yes/no question. He either believes it's cheating or he doesn't. By saying it's a self inflicting punishment by players answers the 60 minutes question of "should the players be punished?"

There's also the point to look at it as if his friends did steroids, he doesn't want to call them cheaters and paint a bad picture on them. Then again, steroids were never really discussed in the clubhouse unless it was in the news, so it must not have been prevalent enough for him to be calling his friends cheaters because probably few, if any, of them did steroids.

He couldn't give a straight answer on anything.

He's either really stupid or really guilty.

My money is on both.

Fenway
01-07-2008, 10:19 PM
for those that missed it
Video from Clemens press conference (http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?g=22814d74-e5be-441e-a721-c2b9033254d1&f=nynyd&partner=en-ap)

The way Clemens lost it in the end may have cost him Cooperstown for good.

He seems to be more shocked that people just will not accept what he says at face value. What i take from the phone call is that McNamee is heartbroken about what has happened but he had no choice but to tell the truth.

champagne030
01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
McNamee comes across as someone who will do whatever he's told to do, or in this case, say.

:nod:

I think Roger probably used HGH, but McNamee is about as believable is Shammy, Bonds, ect.

Hendu
01-07-2008, 10:48 PM
for those that missed it
What i take from the phone call is that McNamee is heartbroken about what has happened but he had no choice but to tell the truth.

That's what I take from it too. The other thing I take from the call is that Clemens is a scumbag to tape & play the conversation relating to McNamee's sick son & his family situation. What was the point of that, except psychological intimidation?

areilly
01-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I love Clemens' approach. Love it. Although the more direct version would've been him saying "Come on guys, it's me, your buddy Rodge. Let's just go have some beers, okay?"

Fenway
01-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Gene Wojciechowski takes a hard look at the phone call.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3185451&sportCat=mlb

Roger reminds me of the character in the comic strip Family Circus "Not Me"

All I know for sure is that the Roger Clemens of 1993-6 was on his last legs....late in 1996 he got it back WHY?????????

Fenway
01-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Gerry Callahan from the Boston Herald just destroys Roger in the Tuesday paper

Rogís pitch off target (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1065231)

When asked about the effects of steroids, you actually said, ďI donít think it helps you hit a baseball, run faster or whatever.Ē
Doesnít help you hit a baseball? Are you serious? Do you forget your friend Jose Canseco? Do you remember McGwire and Sosa in 1998? Did you ever catch highlights of that mushroom-headed juicer out in San Francisco? Hell, do you remember the name Ben Johnson? I think we can all agree steroids helped him run faster - faster than Barbaro, if memory serves.

Is this the same jive youíre going to run by Congress next week? If so, Iím thinking you want to reconsider your strategy and do what Sammy Sosa did. Just pretend you canít speak English. It might work for you.

ksimpson14
01-08-2008, 12:02 AM

Yes, that was great listening to it live on the radio though, hearing all the swears go through and then the hosts intervene once in a while all worried.

That 60 minutes interview was brutal, I think he looks even worse with this recording. It just sounds like the guy is sorry for naming Roger, but there is nothing implied about lieing, the conversation would have gone A LOT different (specific things would've been said) if the trainer lied about it. Now even if the guy does come out and say he did, I don't believe him either, as he's coming off as so personally indebted to him

FedEx227
01-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Clemens' lawyer and Roger himself are being so ridiculous with this whole thing.

My friends dad (a lawyer) printed out the Harris County, Texas District Court complaint on behalf of William Roger Clemens and it is so poorly written it's laughable. Added onto that many, many flaws. I can't wait to cover it on my radio show Wednesday.

Anyway, this phone conversation just helped McNamee more than Roger.

Roger is bringing a defamation suit, for anybody that has studied law, you of course need to show malice when you defame (libel or slander) a public figure. Clearly from the conversation, McNamee had no malice, he clearly indicated that he loves Roger and he did it because he had to. I seem to be missing why the hell Roger and his lawyer decided to play this?

jackbrohamer
01-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Gerry Callahan from the Boston Herald just destroys Roger in the Tuesday paper

He really nails it here:

"On the tape, McNamee says to you, `All I did was what I thought was right. Not what I thought was right, but I had no other choice.' And why did he have no choice? Because if he lied he was going to jail. He likes you - hell, he worships the ground you walk on - but he ain’t Greg Anderson (although he volunteered to go to jail for Clemens). He’s no martyr. Does he think it’s `right' to give you up? Of course not. But like he said: No choice."

Also loved the "mushroom-headed juicer" reference to Bonds.

Fenway
01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Lupica: Recording latest misfire from Rocket (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/01/08/2008-01-08_recording_conversation_latest_misfire_fr-1.html)

Mostly you heard McNamee, over and over, asking Clemens, "What do you want me to do?"

At no point did Clemens ever say the following: "Tell Senator Mitchell and tell the government you lied when you said you injected me with steroids and HGH."
What McNamee, who is weird enough himself to still come looking to Clemens for approval, does say at one point is, "The truth is the truth."

Fenway
01-08-2008, 10:18 AM
A Toronto columnist gets in a couple of good lines

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/291928

Clemens is acting like an innocent man these days. He sounds at least as innocent as Marion Jones did for about seven years.

Clemens sounds at least as believable as he did when he said he was retiring all those times.

Fenway
01-08-2008, 10:47 AM
WFAN is reporting that Clemens lawyers are considering legal action against ESPN for running the following graphic.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD_RC_conference_1.7.08.jpg

They were running 'selected' e-mails on the screen but this one got stuck for 55 seconds

tstrike2000
01-08-2008, 11:49 AM
WFAN is reporting that Clemens lawyers are considering legal action against ESPN for running the following graphic.

Pretty soon, he'll also probably consider legal action against a reporter who passed gas during the press conference for throwing off his train of thought as to what lie he was going to tell next.

areilly
01-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Can anyone comment on the jurisdiction of the phone recording law at work in this carse?

McNamee lives in New York, Clemens in Texas: Texas is a one-party notification state, but New York is a one-party notification state with judicial discretion at play regarding admission as evidence when the other party is unaware they are being recorded.

If this gets moved to federal court - as many here have said it could - what happens then? Not like that recording had much on it that could bury McNamee, but I imagine Clemens' lawyers would be pretty good at spinning the contents in a courtroom.

As a sometimes-journalist I find this all professionally interesting; as a lifelong Clemens find I find this all pathetic and, to be honest, more than a little heartbreaking. So it goes.

chaerulez
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
A Toronto columnist gets in a couple of good lines

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/291928

Clemens is acting like an innocent man these days. He sounds at least as innocent as Marion Jones did for about seven years.

Clemens sounds at least as believable as he did when he said he was retiring all those times.

At least Marion Jones has more intelligence than Clemens. She knew when it was time to give up.

Frontman
01-08-2008, 03:45 PM
At least Marion Jones has more intelligence than Clemens. She knew when it was time to give up.

So if Roger comes clean four or five years from now, instead of six years later like Jones did, does that make him smarter?

Fenway
01-08-2008, 03:54 PM
So if Roger comes clean four or five years from now, instead of six years later like Jones did, does that make him smarter?

No desperate to get into the place he doesn't give a "rat's ass" about :tongue:

thedudeabides
01-08-2008, 04:11 PM

That would be something to see ESPN try to cover a trial involving itself vs. an athlete they never take out of their rotation. There would be so much coverage they would have to create a new channel. ESPN3:The Trial.