PDA

View Full Version : Sox to play exhibition game in Oklahoma

salty99
01-07-2008, 10:20 AM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071214&content_id=329395&vkey=news_t238&fext=.jsp&sid=t238

johnr1note
01-07-2008, 10:38 AM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071214&content_id=329395&vkey=news_t238&fext=.jsp&sid=t238

Not only that, but the OK Redhawks introduce "All You Can Eat Seats!"

"This year we are introducing the All You Can Eat Seat to every regular-season RedHawks game," Pruitt said. "The exhibition game will be our first offering of these unique and limited seats. Only three sections on the third base line will be designated for the All You Can Eat Seat, so we're making them available early through a presale since they are sure to go fast. What a better way to experience baseball. We take the guesswork out of purchasing tickets and food for a family. Just one price and you have a great seat and all the food you desire."

Anyone up for a roadtrip?

jenn2080
01-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Not only that, but the OK Redhawks introduce "All You Can Eat Seats!"

"This year we are introducing the All You Can Eat Seat to every regular-season RedHawks game," Pruitt said. "The exhibition game will be our first offering of these unique and limited seats. Only three sections on the third base line will be designated for the All You Can Eat Seat, so we're making them available early through a presale since they are sure to go fast. What a better way to experience baseball. We take the guesswork out of purchasing tickets and food for a family. Just one price and you have a great seat and all the food you desire."

No thanks. There is nothing interesting to see in Oklahoma

01-07-2008, 10:45 AM

"we disagree"
http://www.ems.psu.edu/BRIE/gfx/BRIEphotos/walizerfarms2004/images/cows.jpg

OkStateSox
01-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Not in Oklahoma City anyway.

Ill be at that game. Bricktown is a nice little ball park. The Rangers will draw a decent crowd in their own right but a ton of Ostate fans will come out to see Fields. A sellout is likely.

"we disagree"
http://www.ems.psu.edu/BRIE/gfx/BRIEphotos/walizerfarms2004/images/cows.jpg
You must be getting Oklahoma mixed up with Kansas. Kansas = Beef and an odd Smell (anyone who has traveled up I-135 or west on I-70 knows what I mean). Oklahoma = Oil.

skottyj242
01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
I will be on my way to Memphis.

soxwon
01-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I will be on my way to Memphis.

ill organize a get together at a bar by autozone before and after-You in?

Frater Perdurabo
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM

Make it a week-long trip and chase a few tornadoes, too. :o:

skottyj242
01-07-2008, 01:15 PM
ill organize a get together at a bar by autozone before and after-You in?

I have interest. Are you familiar with the area?

soxwon
01-07-2008, 01:22 PM
I have interest. Are you familiar with the area?

The ballpark is downtown, two blocks from Beale street, plenty of bars to meet at.

jenn2080
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I will be doing my own thing while in Memphis. I am sure we will run in to plenty of people out there.

RadioheadRocks
01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes! They're coming to my neck of the woods... I'll be there!!! :supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

Update: I got a group from work together and we just got a block of four in the "All You Can Eat" section. The sections are down the left field line, not bad seats at all! Can't wait to see the Sox in Bricktown!!!

jlim
01-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing some other Sox fans down in Bricktown.

angiew
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Rock ON!!!! I just ordered tickets!
:supernana:
Thanks for posting the link because I hadn't even heard about this!!

salty99
01-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Rock ON!!!! I just ordered tickets!
:supernana:
Thanks for posting the link because I hadn't even heard about this!!

You're welcome!

DrCrawdad
01-09-2008, 08:24 AM

Ill be at that game. Bricktown is a nice little ball park. The Rangers will draw a decent crowd in their own right but a ton of Ostate fans will come out to see Fields. A sellout is likely.

You must be getting Oklahoma mixed up with Kansas. Kansas = Beef and an odd Smell (anyone who has traveled up I-135 or west on I-70 knows what I mean). Oklahoma = Oil.

I have not traveled the whole state of OK, but I have spent time in Tulsa, Bartlesville and Pawhuska - having driven out there a few times. From what I've seen in OK there is a lot of oil but there also are a lot of cattle.

eriqjaffe
01-09-2008, 08:28 AM
"This year we are introducing the All You Can Eat Seat to every regular-season RedHawks game," Pruitt said. "The exhibition game will be our first offering of these unique and limited seats."This guy clearly is unsure of what unique means, since the Dodgers did this last season with their right field pavilion (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2728273).

Sox
01-09-2008, 01:57 PM

Are you referring to the meat plant in Dodge City or the dog food plant in Wichita?:?:

OkStateSox
01-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I have not traveled the whole state of OK, but I have spent time in Tulsa, Bartlesville and Pawhuska - having driven out there a few times. From what I've seen in OK there is a lot of oil but there also are a lot of cattle.
Still, despite having almost a million more people Oklahoma is behind Kansas in Cattle production and almost double in Oil production. Tulsa used to be the Oil Capital of the World.

Are you referring to the meat plant in Dodge City or the dog food plant in Wichita?:?:
Well you can open your car window in Wichita and not have to close it immediately but north of Wichita on 135 and into Colorado on I-70 is a different story. I really don't understand what is going on up there but all up and down those interstates it smells awful.

DrCrawdad
01-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Still, despite having almost a million more people Oklahoma is behind Kansas in Cattle production and almost double in Oil production. Tulsa used to be the Oil Capital of the World.

I don't doubt Kansas leading in cattle. Tulsa was a center and the influence of the oil is clear even in the towns I visited - Pawhuska and Bartlesville. The Hotel Phillips in Bartlesville is very cool!

http://images.hotel-rates.com/hotels/TUL_PRIC-exter-1.jpg

OkStateSox
01-09-2008, 07:02 PM
I don't doubt Kansas leading in cattle. Tulsa was a center and the influence of the oil is clear even in the towns I visited - Pawhuska and Bartlesville. The Hotel Phillips in Bartlesville is very cool!

http://images.hotel-rates.com/hotels/TUL_PRIC-exter-1.jpg

Well doubt away but:
http://www.bamabeef.org/NewStateandCountyrankings05.htm
http://stuffaboutstates.com/agriculture/livestock/cattle.htm

And that building is the only skyscraper designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Also, I'm sure you know, heck it was probably at the root of your trips to Bville, but Bartlesville was home to Frank Phillips and used to be the home of Phillips Petroleum (Phillips 66) before the merger with Conoco.

angiew
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Well you can open your car window in Wichita and not have to close it immediately but north of Wichita on 135 and into Colorado on I-70 is a different story. I really don't understand what is going on up there but all up and down those interstates it smells awful.

OMG that is so true! We used to go to Colorado very year snow skiing, and that place is simply horrible! We would usually go through at night and everyone would wake up yelling about the smell.:o:

As for the cattle, yes we do have many. I live in town, but we also own 160 acres about 20 miles north of here that has been in my husband's family for many years. And yes, we own some cattle. lol

DrCrawdad
01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Well doubt away but:
http://www.bamabeef.org/NewStateandCountyrankings05.htm
http://stuffaboutstates.com/agriculture/livestock/cattle.htm

And that building is the only skyscraper designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Also, I'm sure you know, heck it was probably at the root of your trips to Bville, but Bartlesville was home to Frank Phillips and used to be the home of Phillips Petroleum (Phillips 66) before the merger with Conoco.

You misunderstood what I wrote. I do not doubt you or to say it another way... I'm sure you are right. And as I mentioned further, it's clear that the Tulsa-area was (is?) a center for the Petroleum industry.

I was not there to see the Phillips building. I was there to see family. In fact, I did not know of the Phillips building (I'm no expert on FLW) but when driving thru Bville I couldn't help notice the Phillips bldg. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to tour it, which I still regret.

IF I'm ever in that area again, I'll make sure to get to the Phillips bldg. That said though, I don't see that happening as the family member who lived in Pawhuska passed away (sadly).

OkStateSox
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
You misunderstood what I wrote. I do not doubt you or to say it another way... I'm sure you are right. And as I mentioned further, it's clear that the Tulsa-area was (is?) a center for the Petroleum industry.

I was not there to see the Phillips building. I was there to see family. In fact, I did not know of the Phillips building (I'm no expert on FLW) but when driving thru Bville I couldn't help notice the Phillips bldg. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to tour it, which I still regret.

IF I'm ever in that area again, I'll make sure to get to the Phillips bldg. That said though, I don't see that happening as the family member who lived in Pawhuska passed away (sadly).
Oh, I guess my eyes just passed over the don't before the doubt, my apologies. Also, I didn't mean that you were there too see the building just that most people who traveled to Bartlesville in the past generally did so for their jobs (doing something in the petroleum industry).

DrCrawdad
01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Oh, I guess my eyes just passed over the don't before the doubt, my apologies. Also, I didn't mean that you were there too see the building just that most people who traveled to Bartlesville in the past generally did so for their jobs (doing something in the petroleum industry).

No problem at all.

Once I stumbled upon the Phillips building I was intrigued and wanted so, so much to get inside to see it. Our activities and schedule unfortunately didn't allow for it.

Odd coincidence, we were driving thru Bartlesville when I got a phone call from a Cubbie fan friend back in Chicago telling me that she had won a skybox for a Saturday Cubs vs. Sox game at Wrigley. This Cubbie fan friend kindly invited me and my family. We sat on the 3rd base side and Roland Hemmond sat in the box next to us. Great time, even though the Sox lost, IIRC.