PDA

View Full Version : Danny Wrong

Bmr31
04-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Like i said this guy is ****ing awful, i have NO idea why he is in the major leagues.... :?:

CerberusWG
04-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Against pitchers like Danny Wright who suck ass.

Bmr31
04-19-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Against pitchers like Danny Wright who suck ass.

LOL ahhhhh someone else can see this guy belongs in AA at best...

delben91
04-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Danny reminds me a bit of James Baldwin, a few years back, before the injuries and such. He'd pitch very well with the exception of one inning, and that one inning, it was always his undoing. Maybe Wright can snap out of it. Unfortunate he has to do it in the big leagues, but he has mixed a few great starts in here too. Besides, who would we replace him with? Parque? He of the 5+ ERA with Charlotte? Yeah, and you can bat me in the 6 spot too while you're at it.

RKMeibalane
04-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Let's just hope the Sox can get back in this game. Lee helped with the homerun, but it's going to take much more than that. It would be nice if Frank or Maggs could do some damage next inning.

RKMeibalane
04-19-2002, 08:40 PM
Does anyone find it disconcerting that this man is killing the Sox tonight? He's 3-3, and it doesn't look like anyone will be able to slow him down.

Mathew
04-19-2002, 08:41 PM
he's had a hell of a start to his year, who the hell is he anyway?

Bmr31
04-19-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Let's just hope the Sox can get back in this game. Lee helped with the homerun, but it's going to take much more than that. It would be nice if Frank or Maggs could do some damage next inning.

I THINk the sox are using wright, right now. Im see a demotion coming real soon....

RKMeibalane
04-19-2002, 08:44 PM
I don't know much about him to be honest with you. I do remember that he played for the Braves at one time. At some pont, he caught on with the Tigers. I only wish he'd stayed in Atlanta, then he wouldn't be causing these problems for the Sox.

:b&b

Beavis: Let's go out and blow up Wrigley field.

Butthead: Yeah, that would be cool.

HawkDJ
04-19-2002, 09:28 PM
If Wright doesn't start, who does?

CerberusWG
04-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Porzio, Parque.

danman31
04-19-2002, 09:50 PM
Where's daver now after calling me an idiot for saying Wright blows? LOL, I knew this guy was brutal and just know the crowd is coming around.

The thread I am talking about (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8613&)

doublem23
04-19-2002, 10:17 PM
Ehh... I don't know what Wright's problem is, but when he's on, he's freakin' awesome... When he's off... he's freakin awful.

Daver
04-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Where's daver now after calling me an idiot for saying Wright blows? LOL, I knew this guy was brutal and just know the crowd is coming around.

The thread I am talking about (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8613&)

Originally posted by doublem23
Ehh... I don't know what Wright's problem is, but when he's on, he's freakin' awesome... When he's off... he's freakin awful.

The answer to both is youth and inexperience,and being brought up too soon.He will be replaced by Pargue or Biddle,whichever is healthy first.

doublem23
04-19-2002, 10:24 PM
God... Not Parque... I ****ing hate Parque...

baggio202
04-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by daver

The answer to both is youth and inexperience,and being brought up too soon.He will be replaced by Pargue or Biddle,whichever is healthy first.

wright will get plenty of opportunities...realistically..biddle will need a whole year in the minors just to get his arm strength back...he is way behind the other injured pitchers...and parque...god no...he stunk before the surgery...

Bmr31
04-19-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by danman31

anyone with a brain can see wright sucks. Voodoo always wants specifics, so here goes. First and foremost, he has almost no confidence. He cant locate his pitches. Hes either 7 inches off the plate or right down the middle. His stuff is decent but there are thousands of guys with decent stuff just waiting for their chance. Get him the hell off the big club. Let him pitch to boys, not men. Guys like daver and randar, look at stuff only. Pay no attention to them...

doublem23
04-19-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Guys like daver and randar, look at stuff only. Pay no attention to them...

Seriously.. what the hell is wrong with you, you psychopath?

Do you get some sort of pleasure by picking fights with people via the 'net? You made your damn point, but in a very bmr-esque fashion, you can't leave well enough alone and have to start a fight.

I don't know how you've dillusioned yourself into believing your somehow, someway "nice," but that's all in the eye of the beholder.

God damn...

If anyone wonders why no one around here takes this guy seriously, here's your answer...

Bmr31
04-19-2002, 11:50 PM

Do you get some sort of pleasure by picking fights with people via the 'net? You made your damn point, but in a very bmr-esque fashion, you can't leave well enough alone and have to start a fight.

I don't know how you've dillusioned yourself into believing your somehow, someway "nice," but that's all in the eye of the beholder.

God damn...

If anyone wonders why no one around here takes this guy seriously, here's your answer...

i was making a point, a point thats valid. I wasnt attacking their character. I was pointing out why daver isnt right about the guy. Relax already. So.....using gods name in vein(sp?) makes you a better person than someone who claims anothers opinion isnt valid.....ummmmmmmmmm i thought you were christian???? :?:

Daver
04-19-2002, 11:53 PM

anyone with a brain can see wright sucks. Voodoo always wants specifics, so here goes. First and foremost, he has almost no confidence. He cant locate his pitches. Hes either 7 inches off the plate or right down the middle. His stuff is decent but there are thousands of guys with decent stuff just waiting for their chance. Get him the hell off the big club. Let him pitch to boys, not men. Guys like daver and randar, look at stuff only. Pay no attention to them...

You continue to amaze me with your ignorance of pitching,what you said about Wright was the same thing that was said about Randy Johnson,Curt Schilling,Tom Glavine,Kevin Brown.........

You gain confidence from experience,and I already stated that Wright was brought up to soon,but it is way early to just right him off as a failure.

Bmr31
04-19-2002, 11:55 PM

You continue to amaze me with your ignorance of pitching,what you said about Wright was the same thing that was said about Randy Johnson,Curt Schilling,Tom Glavine,Kevin Brown.........

You gain confidence from experience,and I already stated that Wright was brought up to soon,but it is way early to just right him off as a failure.

hmmm so you are comaring wright to those guys? Cmon daver, wrights stuff is decent at best. You have two ways to make it as a major league pitcher. DOminating stuff , or confidence and location. Wright has neither....

doublem23
04-19-2002, 11:58 PM

i was making a point, a point thats valid. I wasnt attacking their character. I was pointing out why daver isnt right about the guy. Relax already. So.....using gods name in vein(sp?) makes you a better person than someone who claims anothers opinion isnt valid.....ummmmmmmmmm i thought you were christian???? :?:

Ha! Ha! If I listened to all those nutty rules in the Bible, I, in theory, couldn't wear a shirt that had 2 crossing colors on it, so I'm not too worried about lightning bolts and plagues and what not...

Paulwny
04-20-2002, 12:00 AM

I agree, I don't like Wright, not because of him, but because he was brought up to soon, it my ruin him.

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 12:04 AM

God damn...

ya know this post here is a perfect example of why im always in a debate. Everything i say is taken wrong. im NOT trying to start fights. WHen i am wrong and ive known im wrong, ive admitted it and apologized. On the other hand, i get called names every single day, and almost never react to it. I get called a racist, a loser, a pyschopath, a hick, and on and on.......Maybe instead of looking for every mistake you think i make, you should all(the people who have a problem with me) take care of your own faults, and mine wont be so noticable? Either way, youre not gonna get to me or change me, so my advice would be to STOP looking at everything and making it out how YOU want it to be. I mentioned daver and randar because they are wright backers adn i know for a fact its because they think he has good stuff....so what did i say wrong?

Daver
04-20-2002, 12:04 AM

hmmm so you are comaring wright to those guys? Cmon daver, wrights stuff is decent at best. You have two ways to make it as a major league pitcher. DOminating stuff , or confidence and location. Wright has neither....

Writing off a five pitch pitcher that is twenty five years old,and that has shown both confidence and location at every other level would be a stupid mistake,pushing him into the starting rotation was a mistake of neccesity,you continue to know nothing about pitching.

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 12:06 AM

Writing off a five pitch pitcher that is twenty five years old,and that has shown both confidence and location at every other level would be a stupid mistake,pushing him into the starting rotation was a mistake of neccesity,you continue to know nothing about pitching.

ahhh two more personal attacks and yet imthe villian......hmmmmmmmmmm

doublem23
04-20-2002, 12:08 AM
ya know this post here is a perfect example of why im always in a debate. Everything i say is taken wrong. im NOT trying to start fights. WHen i am wrong and ive known im wrong, ive admitted it and apologized. On the other hand, i get called names every single day, and almost never react to it. I get called a racist, a loser, a pyschopath, a hick, and on and on.......Maybe instead of looking for every mistake you think i make, you should all(the people who have a problem with me) take care of your own faults, and mine wont be so noticable? Either way, youre not gonna get to me or change me, so my advice would be to STOP looking at everything and making it out how YOU want it to be. I mentioned daver and randar because they are wright backers adn i know for a fact its because they think he has good stuff....so what did i say wrong?

I mean, was it really neccessary to tell people to just ignore daver and randar??? Jeez... You bring it all on yourself.

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 12:11 AM

I mean, was it really neccessary to tell people to just ignore daver and randar??? Jeez... You bring it all on yourself.

I brought nothing on myself, i didnt say to ignore them, i was referring to their opinion on wright. So far.........my opinion seems to be correct, considering the guys lack of success at the big league level. I cant say their opinion is wrong but they can call me and idiot over and over? PLEASE.........a little advice, keep attacking me and im gonna keep defending myself, its natural to me....

Daver
04-20-2002, 12:13 AM

ahhh two more personal attacks and yet imthe villian......hmmmmmmmmmm

That was not a personal attack,that was an opinion,similar to the opinion you offered on Randar and I's veiw of Dan Wright.Should I have considered that a personal attack?

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 12:16 AM

That was not a personal attack,that was an opinion,similar to the opinion you offered on Randar and I's veiw of Dan Wright.Should I have considered that a personal attack?

okay one attack. You referrred to me as stupid. Anyway daver, over the months, how many names have i called you and how many have you called me? I guaratee you have called me more and youre supposed to be some kind of leader around here? I will be right up front you , you are my least favorite person on this board, but i dont call you names....

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 12:20 AM

Ha! Ha! If I listened to all those nutty rules in the Bible, I, in theory, couldn't wear a shirt that had 2 crossing colors on it, so I'm not too worried about lightning bolts and plagues and what not...

HEY! I actually agree with that! :)

doublem23
04-20-2002, 12:26 AM
HEY! I actually agree with that! :)

Yeah... I'm starting to agree more and more with Neitzshce (Good Lord, I just butchered that name...), while I'm not going to go as far as him and say Christianity is complete and utter insanity, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd probably convert to Buddhism or maybe Islam... It's on my To-Do List... somewhere.

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 12:30 AM

Yeah... I'm starting to agree more and more with Neitzshce (Good Lord, I just butchered that name...), while I'm not going to go as far as him and say Christianity is complete and utter insanity, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd probably convert to Buddhism or maybe Islam... It's on my To-Do List... somewhere.

well church is insanity andthe bible was written by men.....make your own conclusions....

Daver
04-20-2002, 12:36 AM

okay one attack. You referrred to me as stupid. Anyway daver, over the months, how many names have i called you and how many have you called me? I guaratee you have called me more and youre supposed to be some kind of leader around here? I will be right up front you , you are my least favorite person on this board, but i dont call you names....

I have never called you any names,but you have called me among other things a liar. I am not a "Leader " around here,that is not my job,and your opinion of me means nothing,I really don't care.If you don't like conflicting opinion backed up with fact then don't reply,making it a personal thing only makes you look weak.

Bmr31
04-20-2002, 12:44 AM

I have never called you any names,but you have called me among other things a liar. I am not a "Leader " around here,that is not my job,and your opinion of me means nothing,I really don't care.If you don't like conflicting opinion backed up with fact then don't reply,making it a personal thing only makes you look weak.

why would i care how i "look" and you call me names virtually everyday...

voodoochile
04-20-2002, 12:53 AM

Try Taoism, it is much more down to Earth. Requires almost no faith in God and can be an excellent way of looking at the world. The original Buddha was an atheist, so they deified him...

sigh... the cross we unbelievers bear...

For what it's worth, I didn't think Bmr said anything in this thread that deserved the diatribes he received in response. I also disagree with most of the posters about Wright. I just hope he can find a way to get his head screwed on straight and regain some of the control he had his first few outings. Maybe he should be in AAA, but hopefully he can find his groove up in the majors and get on a roll...

Daver
04-20-2002, 12:55 AM

why would i care how i "look" and you call me names virtually everyday...

Ummm,No I don't,I rarely respond to your posts,and when I do I do not call you names,you can take your persecution complex elsewhere,it doesn't sell here.

baggio202
04-20-2002, 01:01 AM
arnt you guys being a little rough on danny???..im wondering if this franchise will ever learn that not every pitcher will come out of the blocks like a barry zito and have instant success..its takes time and a few poundings for guys to start to figure it out...

dont give up on danny..he's got good stuff..most importantly it looks like he can throw a lot of pitches...when he puts it together he could probably be good for 120 pitches a game..he could be a real innings eater some day

Spiff
04-20-2002, 09:56 AM
He's had two good starts and two bad starts. I still don't know what to think of him.